NEWS

[SRM] Positive customer experience

• 2 Replies

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« on: <06-15-16/1112:11> »
There's a lot of displeasure surrounding current Shadowrun products, and it's easy to voice negativity.

In this case, I just really want to say thank you to the Missions line developer and all the writers; I'm really enjoying the current 5th Edition Missions, and you guys don't get nearly enough props for it in my opinion.

First of all, the missions themselves. I love, LOVE, the fact that you're getting more lore heavy with the setting. Without spoiling anything, the fact that y'all reached back in time to dig around in the setting is one I thoroughly enjoyed, and I did not see that ending coming. The missions are well written, can be handled by almost any team composition, and in general are just a pleasure to play and/or GM.

Secondly, the team supporting the missions FAQ in particular; you guys are a shining example of how rules questions should be handled; in the past few months you've really gone above and beyond in answering questions and keeping the pressure on the FAQ, and for those of us who use it as semi-errata I couldn't be more happy with your efforts.

Finally, to all of the people involved in producing the Missions series, I just want to say thank you for producing great content. Keep it up! Whether it's a home game or an official convention, I cannot recommend SRM enough.

PS: I purposefully put this in Shadowrun Products instead of the Living Campaign subforum to get exposure to people who may not play Missions and don't check out that particular forum.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-21-16/1001:59> »
Thank you very much, we do put a lot of time and effort into making sure Missions is the best experience we can make it.

We always get great feedback from convention attendees since we are right there and readily available to talk to, but it is nice to see it posted here as well.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

RacoonSF

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-12-16/0646:35> »
While I can't say anything about missions (never had the opportunity to play them) I want to give some possitive feedback here, too.

I really, really like how the whole vampire-theme is incorporated in SR 5. While this may sound like a very narrow area of praise, it is incredibly hard to find any game - be it P&P or PC - where vampires etc. are incorporated in the world as more than generic enemies without any background and it is even harder to find rulesystems where they are playable and viable characters.

Run Faster and Howling Shadows did a superior job of this. And since there where some hints on an upcoming additional book I am really looking forward for more to come!