NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings - Downtime

• 168 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <05-29-16/1945:35> »
Alright, I have sort of worked out my downtime training.  I will work it into various IC posts but I have 17000 earned this trip + 4750 saved from generation and 8 karma.

Pay two months for medium lifestyle in shared apartment:  5500
Upgrade Firewall to 6:  3000
Upgrade System to 6:  3000
Upgrade Armor software to 6 and make it ergonomic:  6300
Replace 8 medkit supply packs:  80

Nuyen balance will be 3870

I will work on additional software and hardware upgrades as more money becomes available.  I am too much of a wimp to get better armor.  I need to bulk up a bit.

Add new skills for Cybercombat and Electronic Warfare to Level 1:  8 karma
« Last Edit: <05-29-16/2332:46> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-29-16/1958:21> »
Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant for Clem to answer O'Connor as I feel this business she has should already be taken care of by the time he wakes up. But on the other hand, I don't want to just ignore another player and stall Necro's RPing.

So if you would allow me Crossbow, I'd like for Clem to answer O'Connor's messages but at the same time write a kind of flashback of what she has done in the past 2 weeks. I'm guessing a week at the most should be sufficient for her to get her new implant, including recovery. Should I assume since she has a specialized contact for bio-implants that there isn't any premium on top of the price quoted in the books?

If you'll allow me, I'll write a whole story about her going to get her new gun, her implant and finding an instructor for a new martial art (which she could find through her fixer contact, possibly at the cost of a favour?).
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-29-16/2013:08> »
@Mercy
Armor Jacket B/I - 8/6
FF Full Body B/I - 3/1(for factoring encumbrance)
Total B/I -11/7

Snow's Encumbrance Limit (Body x2): 4

So Snow's looking at a -6 to her Agility and Reaction

SR4A Pg. 161 - Armor and Encumbrance

@Crossbow
Since we're all at different points, can you give us timestamps so we can keep it all straight?
« Last Edit: <05-29-16/2045:57> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-29-16/2326:31> »
LOL  Well I will just stick with something less until I get my body up.  Which may not happen for a while.  Darn.  I edited my post.
« Last Edit: <05-30-16/0115:39> by Mercy Merchant »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-30-16/0013:37> »
Alright, so Clem had ¥35,295 and the ¥17,000 they got from the mission brings her total to ¥52,295

- ¥45,000 for the suprathyroid gland.
- ¥6,000 for the martial art training (and 10 Karma).

Which should leave Clem with ¥1,295. Now she still needs to make rent, which should go up to ¥2,200 once her operation is complete, so she'll be about ¥1,000 short on rent. She'll have to either take a loan or find a job or something to make up for it.

Training for the martial art:

Martial art instruction - Intuition 4 + Agility 8: 4#12d6t5 5 3 1 2 No glitches, but it takes her about 4 months to learn her martial art, which I am sure will overlap with the next run, so I'll make a note on the character sheet somewhere and say it took longer because she had to take a run in the middle of it all ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <05-30-16/0117:38> »
Snow will offer to loan Clem the money if she even breathes that she is short a bit.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-30-16/0120:34> »
Well, I figured since she won't be done training for about 4 months, maybe she can arrange a half now half upon completion type deal? GM's discretion of course.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-30-16/0129:50> »
I can see that improving my ability to contribute is going to be a long and costly experience.  The money goes quickly at 6K for one program.  The upshot is that I am not terribly much better than I was on the last mission.  It all goes as laid out, I will have an improved firewall, and a couple of programs.  I will need to improve my Body score at some point or remain very easy to put down, as my armor is limited to 4.  Let's just say that Snow has a long way to go.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <05-30-16/0221:39> »
I know it's not much, but we can all pitch in for the medpacks.  We're the recipients of them after all.

@HydroRaven: Sammy can also give you some extra money for the rent, as I also have quite a lot left from the first run and since foci and all that need karma to bond (which I don't have at the moment), I'm waiting until the next karma point to buy myself an extra focus.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <05-30-16/0300:47> »
Thanks guys, I appreciate the offer and I'll wait for Crossbow to rule on whether Clem can do a split payment-type deal, because I'd like to avoid writing the situation where Clem has to borrow money from one of her friends ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <05-30-16/0841:25> »
Okay, you guys have been busy... :)

Hydro, I am fine with how you took care of things, if any adjustments need to be made, we will revise. 

Thvor, feel free to advance your story, a la Hydro, with same caveat.

Necro, be aware that when I said public comms, that means zero encryption.  Start talking about criminal behavior and you could get a visit from KE.

Snow and O'Conner's questionable gear and any weapons went back to Seattle through Slade, just everyone else's, so revise that part, you will have been contacted a day or to after coming home to get your stuff.

Still need to check everyone's numbers and stuff, but everything seems fine at quick glance.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-30-16/0928:51> »
Alright, I'll edit my post to let O'Connor know Clem took his stuff and is holding on to it for him.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <05-30-16/0952:53> »
How long does it take to train a specialization in a skill? I'm not seeing anything in the RAW. So I'm not sure how long to write in for learning to specialize in fast talk, or Sam's training with his KE contact on the clubs specialization.

Learning Intimidation and Dodge, though, I can roll:
Dodge (currently 3, target = 8 )
Int[5]+Dodge[3]: 8d6t5 3
Int[5]+Dodge[3]: 8d6t5 6 :o

Intimidation (currently 0, target = 2)
Int[5]+Intimidation[0]: 5d6t5 0 bad roll, but no glitch
Int[5]+Intimidation[0]: 5d6t5 3

So, once Con starts working with him, Sam can get both skills taken care of over the course of a month.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <05-30-16/1014:42> »
Necro, be aware that when I said public comms, that means zero encryption.  Start talking about criminal behavior and you could get a visit from KE.

O'Connor figures the cops are going to do everything they can to avoid getting involved with a gang dispute in the middle of the Barrens. So he isn't worried about mentioning the Azure Fist, but he sure isn't going to call up his contacts looking for drugs and guns on the hospital comm.
« Last Edit: <05-30-16/1022:06> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <05-31-16/1256:16> »
Just so everyone knows, I'm going to be on limited access for the next two weeks. We're flying out (to Seattle!) this evening, and a few days from now, I'll be on a cruise ship. I'll be able to check in and make some posts via my phone, but won't have access to my chummer file or books. I'll be returning on the 11th.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!