NEWS

[SR5] Howling Shadows

• 113 Replies

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #105 on: <07-01-16/2319:18> »
Make technocritters' matrix attributes and corresponding mental stats based off of resonance instead of an animal-level mental stat and you're good to go.
Um, what? Could you provide an example please?
This is just a quick and dirty workaround.

So, an Ahi, with Logic - and the remaining mental stats at either 1 or 3, would instead use its Resonance of 4 for everything.  ASDF?  All 4.  Trying to hack something?  Roll Resonance + Hacking.  4+5=9, a relevant number of dice.  The Batset actually becomes a little dangerous.  Digits can actually process data and attack.

For bonus points, take Animal Handling and train their skills up.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #106 on: <07-20-16/1520:13> »
Looks like this is in the channel...my copy looks to be en route ;D

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #107 on: <07-22-16/1902:23> »
Mine too!  ;D

Along with Market Panic.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: <07-22-16/1917:08> by Mephisto »

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #108 on: <07-28-16/1916:06> »
Son of a frag...! The online shop I ordered from screwed up my address on the package and now it's floating around in the "undeliverable address" metaplane...  >:(

And it wasn't even Battle Shop... :P

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #109 on: <07-29-16/0137:25> »
And now magically the box appeared on my doorstep this evening (with the right address). Yay, lazy postal workers!

At least I have the books...

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #110 on: <08-16-16/0831:42> »
The in-character drake text seems inconsistent with previous material.

There's a drake in Clutch who is so powerful that an Adult Dragon pledged their loyalty to him.

Different writers seem to have different ideas/ vision. Or maybe the status quo presented in Clutch is no longer supported by Line Dev/ staff/ writers.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #111 on: <08-17-16/0906:52> »
The in-character drake text seems inconsistent with previous material.

There's a drake in Clutch who is so powerful that an Adult Dragon pledged their loyalty to him.

Different writers seem to have different ideas/ vision. Or maybe the status quo presented in Clutch is no longer supported by Line Dev/ staff/ writers.

If you mean Ryan Mercury and Azadeh, I don't think the drake is in the superior draconic position. Ryan is powerful for a drake, but he can't match a full dragon. They're both/each in service to the same legacy. Time will tell how long it lasts, given the enemies they've racked up.

Whoops, just looked it up. The dragon is Rainwalker, not Azadeh. And 'sworn fealty' seems pretty clear. My mistake.
« Last Edit: <08-17-16/0919:31> by Longshot23 »

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #112 on: <08-17-16/1051:30> »
Which is patently ridiculous on the face of it, but whatever.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-16-16/0817:11> »
I feel like some of the descriptions were written for people who knew stuff from previous editions and just wanted the latest stats.  .

Agreed, I've finally had to come to the conclusion that this is CGLs vision for 5th Edition, updated rules for the veterans... if you're not? Too bad, go buy our previous edition books so you'll ahve some idea what we're talking about.

Howling Shadows was the end of my Shadowrun game, I've had enough of being treated like a 4th class customer (1st class played previous editions and read German, 2nd class played previous editions, 3rd class are new but read German).

I admit I've stopped buying the books at this stage beyond an occasional cheap curiosity (like the seattle one to look at Arcology fluff) its just not worth the money for someone who hasn't played the previous editions. The number of times I've had to question something and the answer has relied on a previous edition now this feedback. Normally I'd probably buy a critter book just for the critter info but the editing has just been so bad I don't feel I can justify it.