NEWS

Market Panic is now live!

• 74 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <03-04-16/1451:54> »
*jots that down*

Any other errors, or possible errors, that you hit, as always, put 'em in the thread. I'd wager there won't be a hugeneed for errata, but you never know.

Nightmare

• Chummer
  • Freelance merc, runner, and assassin
« Reply #31 on: <03-04-16/1521:21> »
*jots that down*

Any other errors, or possible errors, that you hit, as always, put 'em in the thread. I'd wager there won't be a hugeneed for errata, but you never know.

Will do...I'm going to spend the weekend digging through the book anyways so I'll see if anything else pops up...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-05-16/0231:19> »
Anyone notice that UCASTrak is mentioned as both a Shiawase and MCT subsidiary?  Thought it was only a Shiawase sub?
CBC is also mentioned in the Renraku chapter even though it's also listed as an MCT subsidiary.

/whistles absently.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-05-16/0248:26> »
Of course, the Japanacorps are known to sometimes "white knight" for one another and pass ownership between them to keep things out of teh hands of others.

So, not *neccessarily* a mistake.

*juggle juggle*

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <03-06-16/1407:17> »
Under the Aztechnology Reprisal in the first chapter it mentions Novatech as being part of the Omega Order in 2044...should be Fuchi as Novatech didn't exist then.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <03-06-16/1518:54> »
*jots*

Thank you! More errors for thefixit  pile.

bull30548

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <03-06-16/2153:56> »
I would like someone to explain the artwork on the Corporate Court "What the FRAK is Harlequin doing up there with the Justices?"  I don't think I am revealing anything since it was posted up previously in tumblr posts.  So how about some data here folks I am baffled.
GM Guy
Catalyst Game Labs Agent

Nightmare

• Chummer
« Reply #37 on: <03-07-16/1523:22> »
I would like someone to explain the artwork on the Corporate Court "What the FRAK is Harlequin doing up there with the Justices?"  I don't think I am revealing anything since it was posted up previously in tumblr posts.  So how about some data here folks I am baffled.

I think it has to do with the idea of the fake judge Hiro...the idea that someone could create an AI that they could control.  Not a hundred percent sure but that would seem to be it...

deville

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #38 on: <03-08-16/1547:18> »
Weird request of the day: Would anyone care to give feedback on the story bits before each corporate chapter? Any that you like? Any that you didn't?

Finally finished reading Market Panic and I have to give an overall thumbs up to the story  bits. While I still don't quite get the Neonet story, even after reading it a couple of times, I think they all did a good job setting up the  chapters. Especial favorites were the stories for Courting Disaster, Saeder-Krupp and Shiawase. This is a good book for background material and  for anyone trying to design their own shadowrun stories. There's so much material here, you could run campaigns for years without depending on the published modules,

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-08-16/2001:32> »
Thank you!

As always, we encourage reviews for the books. WHat you like, what you didn't like, and if you'd reccomend it for others, of course.

When you're happy, we're even happier. :)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <03-10-16/0503:17> »
Weird request of the day: Would anyone care to give feedback on the story bits before each corporate chapter? Any that you like? Any that you didn't?

I enjoyed the stories; the first about Karl was originally my favorite, especially since it was expanded in the news article. It also confirmed something I had wondered about since 1st Edition in regards to simsense.

The NeoNet story took me a bit to process, until I remembered everything they've been going through and realized how it was affecting her. I imagine there are going to be many employees with the same issues as her, trying to cope in the same way.

The Renraku story turned out to be my favorite overall; not what actually happened in the story, which severely ticked me off, but more in the fact that it had me caring enough about her in a short time to actually care what happened.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #41 on: <03-10-16/0621:06> »
I see I wasn't the only one getting severely pissed after reading the Renraku story. Aside from that the fiction is of high quality and the day in the life of a drone was amazing.

Overall I find that Market Panic is a very good product although the SK section could have used a little bit of proofreading. For example the head of finances Mesut (first letter of last name is a X in a square)ashin.

But there are plot hooks over all the place. So this book will deep me busy ^^
« Last Edit: <03-10-16/0625:24> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <03-10-16/1032:44> »
The Renraku story's mine, so I thank you bth verymuch. I keep killing people in intro fictions tho, so my next one *really* needs to be about fluffy kittens or something. My karma's in the crapper here.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #43 on: <03-10-16/1036:32> »
Any case of a list and or even better a piece of art displaying the color schemes of all the security services the AAAs use? I remember being a pair of page with that in the very first Seattle book (the Troll from LS was God-Like!)

This picture here:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=3523.msg42766#msg42766

A new version would be awesome and should include all ten
« Last Edit: <03-10-16/1040:29> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #44 on: <03-10-16/1529:54> »
The Renraku story's mine, so I thank you bth verymuch. I keep killing people in intro fictions tho, so my next one *really* needs to be about fluffy kittens or something. My karma's in the crapper here.

Who ever said Tomoe is dead? Never kill a perfectly good plot hook. No body, no death.