NEWS

SR Fiction - Legends

• 135 Replies

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <08-11-16/0121:22> »
Great book with an ending that I did not predict until it was tight in front of me. The new cover art is a great choice for this book

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <08-17-16/1044:46> »
This week, Blood Sport, by Lisa Smedman:

Let The Games Begin

Mama Grande streaked through Leni's life like a bad dream. She arrived out of nowhere, claiming to be the ex-Lone Star detective's grandmother. She prophesied rivers of blood and an earth in flames. But her murder was even more bizarre: she died at the hands of two Yucatán missionaries hiding a secret of the Gods.

With combat biker wannabe Rafael in tow, Leni dives into Mama Grande's past... and hurtles into the dark heart of Aztlan - where human sacrifice is all the rage, and where ancient ceremonial games could trigger the end of the world. Are they crazy cultists of true harbingers of doom? The closer Leni and Rafael get to the answer, the nearer they move to the brink of oblivion. Either way, their futures could be cancelled...

Note: This digital edition includes ePub and Mobi (Kindle) versions of the novel.

BattleCorps

DTRPG
« Last Edit: <08-17-16/2205:14> by AJCarrington »

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #77 on: <08-22-16/1212:58> »
The last couple of Legends releases didn't ring a bell -- turns out these particular novels were never translated in French. So for me it's like discovering a brand new SR novel  ;D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <08-23-16/0754:19> »
The week, Technobable, by Stephen Kenson:

A MEGA-BYTE BLOW-OUT IN 21ST CENTURY BOSTON

He awoke in a body bag, his brain fried, a black hole where his memory should be. If not for the cool carbon-fiber blade concealed in the bones of his arm, he would've been dead for sure. But Michael Bishop--a.k.a. Babel, messiah of the Matrix--is back in the game.

Renraku Computer Systems has defied the accords of the Corporate Court. Now they must decipher the secrets of the otaku--and Babel is the technoshaman reborn for the job. But Netwalking in the shadows of the electron jungle means initiation into deadly megacorporate intrigue--and discovering more about Babel's own team than he fears he should know. As allies become adversaries, Babel breaks through the dreaded black ice security to find a doorway to the future--and signs of a corp war looming on the horizon--one that could destroy the technoworld and beyond...forever.

Battlecorps

DTRPG
« Last Edit: <08-30-16/1349:03> by AJCarrington »

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <08-30-16/0210:39> »
Just saw that Clockwork Asylum is available on DTRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/192154/Shadowrun-Legends-Clockwork-Asylum
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #80 on: <08-30-16/0726:24> »

Clockwork Asylum by Jak Koke

In this second book of the greatest epic in Shadowrun history--the maelstrom of cyber-magic and political intrigue following President Dunkelzahn's assassination rages out of control. Ryan Mercury, Dunkelzahn's secret agent, is torn between his duty and his desire to find a killer. But when a spirit wrongly concludes that Ryan is working for the enemy, he anoints a cyberzombie to carry out a hit of its own. Now with an impressive arsenal of allies, weaponry, and the Dragon Heart, Ryan just might pull off the save of the century--if he doesn't lose his life first!

Battlecorps
« Last Edit: <08-30-16/1350:08> by AJCarrington »

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <09-06-16/0347:00> »
The new Legends is available: Crossroads, by Stephen Kenson.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/192680/Shadowrun-Legends-Crossroads

(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #82 on: <09-06-16/0721:44> »
Adding on to Marzhin's post:

Battle Beneath the Streets of Boston!

In the magical world of 2060, street mage Tommy Talon has hit the big time. He's a member of Assets, Inc., one of the best shadow-teams in the business, but now he's drawn back to his home town of Boston by secrets from his past. Secrets that lead him into conflicts with megacorporations, yakuza gangsters, and a powerful spirit that's hunting for him. Talon must call on all of his magical powers and the abilities of his shadowrunning friends to unravel the mystery. Along the way, he finds out some unexpected things about his past, himself, and his true enemy: someone very close to him indeed...

BattleCorps

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #83 on: <10-12-16/0743:11> »
Just released:

The Burning Time by Stephen Kenson

HOT ALL OVER

Low-level programmer Roy Kilaro wants nothing more than to become a Seraphim--an elite corporation operative--and experience some real action in the shadow ops between the megacorporations. He gets more than he ever wanted when a routine business trip to Boston lands him at ground zero of a running battle for survival. The combatants: a group of hardened 'runners trying to finish a job, the ruthless anti-elven terrorists known as the Knights of the Red Branch, and a powerful sorceress who wants revenge upon them all...

BattleCorps

DTRPG
« Last Edit: <10-23-16/0843:13> by AJCarrington »

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <10-18-16/0411:32> »
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #85 on: <10-18-16/0636:48> »
Also available at BattleCorps

LIFE SPAN: 12 MINUTES

It started out as a simple Matrix run, but now five deckers are trapped inside a nightmarish virtual landscape where jacking out is an impossibility--and what waits has all the hallmarks of the afterlife: tunnels of brilliant light, greetings from long-dead friends and family...and the terrifying sense of being juggled between Heaven and Hell. But in this computer-generated netherworld, there is only one thing that can be trusted. And it isn't the senses....

...THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

It's the uncommon experience the deckers have in common: a near brush with death. It has brought them together in this hell-raising realm and under the influence of a twisted intelligence with diabolical plans for the unwary travelers in grid-time. Having their minds and souls extinguished before the Matrix-scape crashdown is only the beginning of the puzzle. Discovering why will be the end. A dead end.
« Last Edit: <10-23-16/0844:19> by AJCarrington »

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #86 on: <10-27-16/0624:45> »
The new Legends is on DTRPG : http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/196819/Shadowrun-Legends-Headhunters

It's Mel Odom's Headhunters. A bit strange to release it before Preying for Keeps though.
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <10-27-16/0644:12> »
Ninja'd by Marzhin  ;)

A little more info:

Shadowrun Legends: Headhunters by Mel Odom

NEVER TELL A DEAD MAN YOUR SECRETS

Somebody aced the dragon Dunkelzahn, and one of the mysterious links to the assassination is flat on his back in slab city: a double agent with two identities--both out of commission. Now he's the most-wanted carcass in Tacoma. Jack Skater's mission? Sleaze past the high-tech funeral security, outwit the Knight Errants, cop the stiff, and keep it on ice long enough to get the answer to the shadowrunners' life-and-death question: what's so hot about a stone-cold corpse?

And that isn't all that's dropped Skater elf-deep in drek--the UCAS Secret Service is also after the dead man's secret--and the government blue crews are prepared to liquidate anything in sight to get to it first...

BattleCorps
« Last Edit: <11-05-16/0748:20> by AJCarrington »

Mephisto

• Newb
« Reply #88 on: <10-27-16/2145:28> »
</blasphemy> The re-release of all these old novels (covering the old timeline) made me wonder...if some larger entity with more resources for things like basic editing or adding indexes to their books that still cared about/loved the SR universe was to aquire the SR IP, do you suppose it be viable to "reboot" SR to the beginning of the timeline (or start over with the events of 2050 now occurring in 2078 - still a 61 year gap - though at that point I'd go for an even 60 (2077)...) using a 'fixed' 5th Edition released as "6th Edition"? In this scenario, I'd go back to some 'fixed' form of wired matrix with a sub-optimal wireless, get rid of things like Crash 2.0, CFD, etc. and fix most current issues but leave the more streamlined core of 5th intact but bring all the old great world events back to new?<blasphemy>

I'm not trying to start a flame war with this, I just want to get people's thoughts, and perhaps the "Legends" sub-forum isn't the best place, but it is these books that gave me the idea, after all...

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <10-28-16/1517:43> »
There is a 2050 source book for 4a...might be an interesting resource if you want to go down this path.