NEWS

Tangled Currents - Revenant

• 95 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <07-19-16/0311:36> »
'Shit, astral projecting, manifested support. I'll need to cruise through a toxic zone to get rid of any trackers.'
"You've got to be kidding me, right? I mean, sure human trafficking sounds like something those guys do, but food? Do they cater for Ghouls and Wendigos?
I'll ignore your gender centric delusions for the moment, but I'd ask you to keep those comments to a minimum, for the sake of a civil conversation. Otherwise I'd be forced to call you a fucking hypocrite.
And just to be clear: We are talking about kids, age 14 and below, who are against their will in this situation? I have to ask, because it was that kind of overblown statement that brought me into this mess in the first place.

And now tell me the other reason - the one you don't write on your propaganda pamphlets, or whatever you use. Human trafficking of minors is nothing the Koreans have a monopoly on. There has to be a reason you are targeting them specifically. Did they abduct someone from your ranks? Are you after some spiritual valuable piece of real estate?
And don't tell me there isn't. Sooner or later its always about money and power - especially with you mage types. 
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #91 on: <07-19-16/0536:40> »
The druid's white face turned pink, bordering on red, and she started, "You know, I think it's very telling that even though you've lost..." and then her body shifted, almost as if she'd been physically shoved. Another annoyed sidelong glance and she took a deep breath. She moderated her tone, but the anger was clear in her eyes.

"Yes, there is a higher agenda. There is absolutely no way I can tell you what that is at this point. If you help us, though, we lay it all out for you. We want you to help us rescue about a hundred kids. And while that's not our only goal, it's a real one - just for itself, nothing else. Yeah, they're all young, all unwilling. Their buyers will rape them, torture them, or eat them. No ghouls though. Ghouls don't have money. Help us get them out. Help us help them. It'll mean going against the Korean-Americans...Please."  Her eyes softened in sincerity. "Please. There are so few we can call upon. You can't know how few. And your capabilities. We need you."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <07-19-16/0604:34> »
"Fair enough if you can't reveal your agenda, but I want to know how you know about those kids and how reliable those infos are. That includes the data itself: Where are they being held, when are they to be sold and where do you intend to bring them. Finally, why aren't you cooperating with KE on that count? Despite everything else, KE likes to do raids that increase their public image. And child abuse as well as cannibalism is the last big taboo our society has. No way they would ignore that - especially if you have proof you could sell to the media. Or did you just not think about that angle of attack?

I'm not unsympathetic to the fate of those kids. But I mistrust you and your little club.
You want my help? You'll pay me. Standard fee. Back stab me and you can be sure I'll retaliate.
Since I am currently tasked with finding out about you, I offer you the chance to plant whatever false information you want the Koreans to have. If it's juicy enough they might let slip other information, that might help us to rescue those kids."
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #93 on: <07-19-16/0658:20> »
Thursday, 21 November, 1124; A field in Snohomish

The woman stroked the arm of her earthen protector and whispered, "Thank you sweetie, but I think I'm alright now. Go and join your friends to make sure we're not observed." She looked into its muddy eyes and it seemed to John that some further communication was shared, included a pointed look from her to him and back to it. Then it sank back into the earth from which it had arisen.

"Well, I'm kinda glad you don't trust me, ya know, cuz I don't trust you either. But my mistress does, and that's all that counts, really. Money doesn't have to be an issue, just send your invoice and credit transfer to my 'link here. Some of your other questions are harder, but I'll do what i`can to fill you in."

She stroked her owl's chest and considered her words carefully. We know about the operation because it's been going on for months. But they're very good at keeping it quiet, and we've never been able to stop the transactions from taking place. We merely, um, observe them in the past. It's a magic thing, you wouldn't understand. Not something that can be recorded, and we wouldn't if we could. It's not even something that any one of us has access to - our information gathering is, um, disseminated. So we know it is happening the way we know the sky is blue. Take it or leave it."

She started playing with her commlink as she talked. "We still don't know where the current lot of them are being held, or even if they're in the 'plex yet. We do know that this batch all comes from the CAS. We think they harvest from all over the place so as not to attract too much attention, but that Seattle is where they've got a buyer - the Japanese-American criminals - they have access to the sort of wealthy clientele the Korean-Americans don't. So this is where the transactions take place. We do have feelers out with the pigs, but we have to tread very lightly. Part of the reason is that we think some high-level people are being paid off. We are working with some of pawns on an individual basis to access their resources though. So as you can see, we don't have anything we can really take to the screamsheets. And just sharing what we do know would tip our hand."

She took a breath, kept playing with her commlink with one hand, and pulled what appeared to be a marijuana cigarette from a pocket. "Sorry, man, this whole thing really stresses me out." She lit up and sucked deeply. "Okay, we don't know yet exactly when the next buy will be, but it should be soon. We do know that it will be at one of two locations. We have recruited some other people that are down with the cause - you'll need to work with them. They know what the two locations are. I don't - we're very compartmentalized, ya know, like cells and all that. Sort of. I don't even know where the others are - people have been trying to kill them and they've gone to ground. But you start heading back to civilization, I'll send you meet details once I get them. And good idea about lying to the Korean-Americans. We'll be in touch on that, too. Can I get your commcode, man?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #94 on: <07-19-16/0734:39> »
"You got it. But don't take to long - I'll have to report in tonight and I need to doctor my recordings accordingly."
If he was honest, this was actually not bad. Working with other runners, getting actually paid and having a reason to stick it to those Koreans. But John didn't entertain for a second the illusion that those hippies were really that altruistic. Furthermore the vagueness of their intelligence gathering method would make it a necessity to conduct investigations of his own. Nachthexe at the very least would have something to laugh - for months most likely.
"Vaia con dios, or whatever other deity you prefer."
John started his car and began to drive back into Seattle proper.
talk think matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <07-21-16/0934:49> »
It took a while to get back to his home. He visited the harbor, crossed over into the barrens,  visited Glow City to finally return to his garage. He felt drained - his body needed maintenance and he himself needed realignment - AI sleep. He debated with himself for a while before he finally called Nachthexe for an update:
<<Hi, it's me.>>
<<John, how are you? You've been out of signal range for a very long time. Any luck on the job?>>
<<I wouldn't call it luck, but I meat one of those mages and even managed to talk to them without violence and only a selective number of threats.>>
<<So what did you talk about?>>
<<I asked why they are killing Koreans, they told me a load of bullshit and that they were fighting them because of their human trafficking.>>
<<Let me guess, you immediately offered to help them, little white knight.>>
<<Hey, I resent that remark. But yes, they ask me to help them stop selling children as sex slaves and food supply. They want me to work with some other runners on that.>>
<<Hm, won't you have some tiny conflict of interest with your current employers? I don't think they'd take lightly to such disloyalty.>>
<<Bah, fuck them. They hardly gave me a chance to say no. I'll report back to them and try to find out what I can about that deal. I should mention that those hippie mages are actually paying me, so they have that going for them over the Koreans.>>
<<So what are you going to do then?>>
<<Wait and see. And after that maybe shoot some Koreans or hippie mages, depending on who gets on my nerves more.>>
<<With that attitude you should start to save up for a replacement body.>>
<<I'm already on it...>>
talk think matrix