NEWS

New rigger supplement books?

• 5 Replies

zeththeadeptork

• Chummer
« on: <05-03-15/2050:37> »
Any idea if we are getting a dedicated rigger book? I want ways to mod vehicles and a more plentiful supply of drones to choose from.
"Speech" Matrix Thought Astral

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <05-03-15/2103:15> »
AFAIK,  the Decker book & the Augmentations books are what are in the works. 
Rigger book always seems to be last. 
Which is why I think the basics of "Hidden Weapon Mount" really needs to be in the CRB since that seems to be the #1 most important thing that people need to do. 

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-03-15/2104:56> »
Is it coming? Yes... but no ideas when or exactly what's going to be in it at this stage.

For now there are a few tidbits out there.

Stolen Souls has some Mirrored Shades/Black Trenchcoat style vehicle mods, not a whole lot of stats involved but good for making sure your vehicle blends in.

The enhanced fiction Nothing Personal features a new drone, the FB Bumblebee, a heavily armored Roto-Drone that comes standard with a M202 MMG.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #3 on: <05-04-15/0712:36> »
Last I heard was around the start of the year, when Jason Hardy was on the Arcology Podcast and said the rigger book would be out about a year from then.

It looks like Data Trails is next (Gen Con release?  We saw art from it here), then the augmentation book (Chrome Flesh, according to a 25 April post on the Shadowrun FB page, maybe sometime this fall?), then the rigger book (I haven't seen a title yet, but early 2016).

I agree:  Riggers needed more love in the CRB than they got.  And I've always thought the coolest thing about a rigger was driving around a vehicle that isn't "stock".
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-04-15/0832:12> »
*winces* lets face it.. riggers section was a dog's breakfast. Mostly because they didn't try to classify drones as their own separate thing, but rather made them straddle the line between a metahuman and a vehicle and just left them a confusing mess.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <05-04-15/0903:19> »
Plan is to have Data Trails at Origins and while Chrome Flesh is well underway, nothing firm yet for release dates.