NEWS

Shadowrun Community, iPad Fail!

• 9 Replies

Dimmer

• Newb
« on: <02-09-15/1625:25> »
Ok ladies and gents heres the skinny short an' sweet. With todays "Technology" where are all the electronic enhancements for my damn game. I mean really? I'm posting on my deck to this matrix (iPad with bluetooth keyboard that makes it into a touchscreen laptop) and thats about the only device I have found out there. No Character creators for 5e, no programs for your comm device so you can run really cool shit and blow players minds. As it is I require everyone to turn off their phones due to they get sidetracked with RL texts and calls. I'm currently working on a private "Matrix" (website/forums/chat program.) This way I can have players actually see the 3D floorplan of the building they have to infiltrate and use their commlinks, while decking in VR to over-ride those pesky security drones. Yeah I know, daunting task and if not done just right totally gakked up. So all of my fellow Shaowrunning "super nerds" the guantlet has been tossed, challenge put forth. Hell D&D 5e already has a couple fan built programs for DM and Players that I'm using. (No not codename:dipshit!) ((I wass so pissed at Hasbro/WoTC when they fragged that deal. It was a sweeeeeeet concept that would have taken D&D as a whole to an all new level. Hey maybee somone could show this to a Catalyst employee they know and they could get the morningstar people on intergrating SR 5e into their system and us finally getting the Matrix we all deserve.)) Anywho, thats the challange, Someone PLEASE make our lives as GM's easier. Spending three weeks on a two to three hour run is spaztastically stupid, but i'm doing it until someone decides they like "Technology" in their Shadowrun game. I have been waiting since 2nd Ed for today. I'm getting impatient.   :P
« Last Edit: <02-09-15/1722:02> by Dimmer »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <02-09-15/1638:03> »
Hello troll, would you like some candy?

I don't think you even bothered too look for any of the tools that are out there.  On this forum alone there is Chummer 5, Hero Lab, and a slew of character sheets and character generation tools lovingly compiled by me for the community to use.  There are Android apps for dice rollers, initiative checkers, and more.  There's a whole section of these forums called GM's toolbox which has a literal pile of goodies for the GM to use.

But if all that's still not enough for you, how about you not criticize the community and instead do something about it?  It's real easy to sit on your ass and write pablum on the internet.  It takes real balls to actually do something to affect change.  So grow a pair and contribute.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Dimmer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-09-15/1650:52> »
Apologies to anyone I offended, that was not my intent. As for the tools on this forum, I'm looking for them. Thanksfor letting me know your the author of some. Mucheasier to find. As for looking, Yes, I have. "Android" is fine, buuuut I do believe I mentioned that i thingy that I use. Sorry, I don't have Android so no good there.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #3 on: <02-09-15/1653:17> »
Apologies to anyone I offended, that was not my intent.

You named your post a "Community EPIC Fail!" and you expect anyone to think your intent was not to offend?

As for the tools on this forum, I'm looking for them. Thanksfor letting me know your the author of some. Mucheasier to find. As for looking, Yes, I have. "Android" is fine, buuuut I do believe I mentioned that i thingy that I use. Sorry, I don't have Android so no good there.

I can't help you with iOS stuff - some of the Android apps are also translated to iOS so you might be able to find them anyway.  Still, before you post anything disparaging of other people, you might want to first look around.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-09-15/1657:43> »
Apologies to anyone I offended, that was not my intent. As for the tools on this forum, I'm looking for them. Thanksfor letting me know your the author of some. Mucheasier to find. As for looking, Yes, I have. "Android" is fine, buuuut I do believe I mentioned that i thingy that I use. Sorry, I don't have Android so no good there.

Since you use iPad, you have the possibility of getting the tablet version of HeroLab--which they haven't seen fit to include for those of us Android users as yet.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Dimmer

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <02-09-15/1702:22> »
Hello troll, would you like some candy?

But if all that's still not enough for you, how about you not criticize the community and instead do something about it?  It's real easy to sit on your ass and write pablum on the internet.  It takes real balls to actually do something to affect change.  So grow a pair and contribute.

p.s. umm thanks for the invigorating welcome to the community there slick. First off haven't been a member of the forum long enough to be a troll, but then again one of my favorite characters was a troll so, meh, thank you?.?.? Umm pretty much stated I am currently working on something to contribute so I guess my pair have grown in. Although I really don't think it's politically correct to suggest that you have to have nuts to contribute. I know some females who are very creative so lets not exclude them anymore, eh?

Dimmer

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-09-15/1720:46> »

Since you use iPad, you have the possibility of getting the tablet version of HeroLab--which they haven't seen fit to include for those of us Android users as yet.

Well, not jailbreaking my iPad so any tablet version of hero labs won't work. They do have Hero Labs app for Pathfinder. All you have to do there is crack open the program remove all of the PF info and replace it with SR info then button it back up and tweak until you get it to work again then pay lots of money to whomever they send to collect from you as you just blew the EULA by "changing part or all of this program." Naw, i'll keep working with the little bit of tools I have thank you.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <02-09-15/1741:04> »

Well, not jailbreaking my iPad so any tablet version of hero labs won't work. They do have Hero Labs app for Pathfinder. All you have to do there is crack open the program remove all of the PF info and replace it with SR info then button it back up and tweak until you get it to work again then pay lots of money to whomever they send to collect from you as you just blew the EULA by "changing part or all of this program." Naw, i'll keep working with the little bit of tools I have thank you.

Oh, yeah, I forgot that they hadn't finished the other systems for it yet.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <02-09-15/1835:14> »

LWD has said that, well not on the currant schedule, a SR add on for their HL-Pathfinder app would be the first to come to market. The more people that support HL and offer a civilized voice for this expansion the faster it will happen.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <02-10-15/0830:38> »
Question asked and answered, thread close before the flaming really starts