NEWS

New expansion coming really soon?

• 58 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #30 on: <05-21-15/1003:03> »
Much more info now. Only thing mission is a release date, info that will come soon according to this Tumblr post : http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/119482852606/a-shadowrun-crossfire-expansion-is-coming

Quote from that page :
"High Caliber Ops is a massive expansion for the award-winning Shadowrun: Crossfire deck-building game. How massive? How does two new character roles, more than a dozen new Black Market cards, fifty new obstacles, and a large bundle of new Karma upgrades sound? On top of that, we’ve got five brand-new missions, and a set of basic cards with new art."

I am really looking forward to it!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-21-15/2116:32> »
As you guys have already beat me to it, will just post up the snap shot of the cover:

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-26-15/1709:17> »
Work is progressing...from FB:

Just need some flavor text, then the first of the Crossfire OP materials heads to layout; now for some Valiant card game flavor text. rnb

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <05-26-15/1945:26> »
Find myself deeply curios if the two new roles are alternate colours, or new colours.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #34 on: <05-28-15/1041:37> »
Questions to the developpers (if they can answer them at this point of course):

1. How many cards the expansion will have? I would like to buy the same sleeves than the the ones I am currently using and I would like to know how many.

2. What are the "difficulties" of the new missions? Is it the same difficulty than The Ork Underground (i.e. 30 karma) or as in Dragon Fight (70 karma+)?

:)

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <06-01-15/2024:09> »
Find myself deeply curios if the two new roles are alternate colours, or new colours.
We asked ourselves the same question, my group and i, and we came to the conclusion that it will probably be the same colors because adding new colors would render obsolete every obstacle already in the game.
Also, it is a little bit logical to have, for example,  a Rigger using hack cards or a Shaman using spell cards. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #36 on: <06-08-15/1719:31> »
So I demoed Crossfire non-stop this week at Origins (Literally, I rarely had more than 5 minutes between demos, and usually had no time between, all weekend, and I ran non-stop from the time the hall opened till it closed all four days.  Fantastic interest in the game still.)  And I was given a few tidbits of info to share with folks I demoed for, and that I can now share here:

First off, we're hoping to have the game at Gen Con.  Of course, that is barring printers exploding, delivery and transportation malfunctions and strikes, etc.  So it's not a "We WILL HAVE THIS at Gen Con!" but a "Should the stars all align and favor us, we hope to have it at the con."  So no one is allowed to get upset or lynch me if it's not there. :)

Anyway, there are two new roles.  From what I was told, these are a hybrid role utilizing the existing role colors.  I may have the names slightly wrong, but I believe the roles are a Social Adept and a Combat Rigger.  So a Red/Blue hybrid and a Green/Black Hybrid.  The exact makeup of the starting deck, I don't know, but that's how they were explained to me.

Beyond that, there are supposed to be new cards all around:  New crossfire events, new obstacles, new Scenarios, and new Black Market cards.

So it should be a really nice expansion. :)

TheIrish

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <06-08-15/1940:50> »
Nice!!! but I want it now

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <06-09-15/0058:52> »
nice, thanks for the insight Bull!

And yeah.... I think almost everyone wants it more now :P
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <06-13-15/2025:54> »
Thank you Bull for those news. This indeed looks like a really nice expansion.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <07-11-15/1136:49> »
I thought I would share some links since maybe not everyone visit the other sections of the forum (you should! lol).

AJ shared announcements about the new expansion (similar to what is already known, but now there is a thread about it in the general products hehe) : http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21291.0

Also, a new character expansion pack is coming with characters from Shadowrun metaplot, which might greatly interest me: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=21288.0

Thanks to AJ for sharing info :) 

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <07-21-15/0004:40> »
Just to add to the new expansion pack rumors, i saw somewhere entries for Shadowrun: Crossfire Mission Expansion Pack 2: Corp Raid and Shadowrun: Crossfire Character Expansion Pack 2: Street Legends saying it is scheduled to ship in October 2015.
Product number CAT-27702 for Corp Raid and CAT-27704 for Street Legends.
(Again, this is not a confirmed information, just some digging on my part)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <07-21-15/0025:03> »
Some pre-release copies should be available at Gen Con.  I should be running demos with them. :)

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <07-21-15/2239:15> »
Some pre-release copies should be available at Gen Con.  I should be running demos with them. :)
Damn it. Now i wish i knew someone who's going the Gen Con.  :(
Do you know if there is gonna be some exclusive stuff like at GAMA?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-22-15/0013:50> »
Do you know if there is gonna be some exclusive stuff like at GAMA?

You mean GTS, the GAMA Trade Show (GAMA is the company, GTS is the convention :)) in Las Vegas in March or so?  Not sure.  I know last year there was a Vegas exclusive set of cards and stickers that was only available there.  Dunno what they'll have this year.

And while there may be some promo stuff at gen Con (I don;t know what we have yet), the sets mentioned above are strictly an early release, not an exclusive (Basically, we're having the first X boxes of the print run rush-packed and express shipped before the rest of the run is printed/sorted/boxed to have it available at the show.)