NEWS

Horrors

• 649 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #30 on: <09-09-10/1107:02> »
Update to my previous post Darke (Oscuro's) Horror servants included "Crawlers" & "Gun Toads" that showed up in H2 and Threats 1. 
(Whats the rule for using official art on an official forum?  Wouldn't mind being able to post pics from books for reference.)

EDIT: Crawlers used two tentacles to strike at target and remove reaction.  Gum Toads oozed slime and pounced on you to create a "binding" effect.
Well, all I can say is that I grabbed the pic in my sig from SR4 20th and no one's yelled at me yet (at least not about the content...).

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <09-09-10/1409:01> »
Insect sprits were the Invae from Earthdawn...a precursor spirit to the Horrors arrival but not horrors. (It's there arrival that got the IE's and Dragons in a huff and alerted them to the "bridge" I believe.)

The only statted horror like creatures in SR were the two types of creatures that attended Mr.Darke (Oscuro) in the Harlequins Back adventure.

If insect spirits are a precursor to Horrors, then I suggest researching the Chicago quarrentine. Also, there has been a lot if activity in Hong Kong recently regarding Ares Firewatch Teams. Being that Hong Kong's astral energies are extremely unstable, because of corp manipulation, this might explain some of the rumors about The Yama Kings who inhabit Kowloon Walled City. With all the spikes and astral shallows appearing and dissappearing all throughout Hong Kong, I would take a guess that Horrors have began to return...

[Update]: The Ares Firewatch teams, specifically the bug hunters, were called in when the Hong Kong police conducted raids recently.
Also, there seem to be named Yama Kings, or Horrors, working their powers in Kowloon Walled City.
Chih-Shiang: judge of souls, makes residents of Kowloon Walled City believe they are there for bad karma from past lives.
The Ebony Queen Lam Vy: teaches her followers to hide from the Yama Kings, until they hide so well they become roaches.
Fu Mang, the Serpent of the Setting Sun: Promises wealth to those who bring him 44 hearts of family and friends, removed when the victim is alive.
It is speculated that between 10-20 of these Yama Kings reside in Kowloon Walled City. All this info is from Runner Havens.
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/1844:36> by Bisharian »

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <09-09-10/1952:12> »
 I believe the Yama Kings are 'shadow spirits', not Horrors - Ghost Cartels labels the one the 'runners can fight (Chin You) as one.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #33 on: <09-10-10/1757:39> »
If the Horrors are coming back, I'm going to start building my kaer.  *Looks around*  Now where did I leave my copy of Rites of Protection and Passage?

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #34 on: <09-10-10/1810:22> »
Bah just take one of the ones thats still here!
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #35 on: <09-10-10/1812:20> »
Good point.  It's too much work to build one.  But it's still probably a better idea than what those chumps in Parlainth tried.

bobo69

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <09-10-10/2313:26> »
Personally I think the Yama kings or the so called "Shadow Spirits" are horrors albeit weak ones.

The looks and powers of the Yama Kings and Shadow Spirits are very similiar to the horrors.

Faradon

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <09-10-10/2353:56> »
If the Horrors are coming back, I'm going to start building my kaer.  *Looks around*  Now where did I leave my copy of Rites of Protection and Passage?

Bah, frak that noise, I'm building Vault 13... just have to remember to have plenty of spare water chips...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #38 on: <09-11-10/0012:58> »
Bah, frak that noise, I'm building Vault 13... just have to remember to have plenty of spare water chips...
Good luck with that.  It may keep out the gnashers and other low power Horror wannabes, but the big boys will tear it apart.  And that's ignoring the Vault's total lack of astral protection.

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <09-11-10/0023:25> »
 Ah, but nothing says 'magical background count' like lots of radiation...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #40 on: <09-11-10/0024:40> »
Have fun with the toxics.  I'm sure they'll love you.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <09-11-10/0257:29> »
Afk (moving my stuff to fragging MARS!)
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Bisharian

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <09-11-10/1627:16> »
Are there any powerful "good" spirits? Or are we suppose to prevent the horrors return by being good ourselves?

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <09-11-10/1702:52> »
Well... the Passions actively fought the Horrors during the last Scourge (some went mad over that, some died...), but if they are around this time to help metahumanity again is unknown.

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <09-11-10/1703:57> »
I don't think you can prevent them from coming back just by "being good". Everything I can remember leads me to believe that the Horrors return is linked only to the rising and falling of the magic level of our world. The Ghost Dance only speed up the cycle and created a spike in the magic level, that in turn made an outcropping in the astral rift between our side of the metaplanes and the Horrors. In this, the cycle was sped up by like 2500 years. But I'm a little fuzzy on this. The Dragon Heart Saga are the novels to read to get the rest of the story, as well as the adventure Harlequin's Back.( The events that take place in that happen before the Dragon Heart Saga)

-Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-