NEWS

Character Expansion Pack 1 question

• 6 Replies

grodd1016

• Newb
« on: <07-29-14/1242:50> »
"Character Expansion Pack 1 has character cards with new art, a starting deck for each character that includes one new piece of art per deck, and a full set of upgrade stickers."

So am I reading that right, and that we will get 4 new starter decks. Does this mean, in theory the game could scale up to 8 players?

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-14/1539:59> »
You'd need the appropriate Mission to play an 8 player game.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

grodd1016

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-29-14/1650:58> »
I was more interested in playing 5-6 players, it just sounds like you would have an extra set of starting cards for a Decker, Mage, Face or Samuari.

Tsevrah

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-18-14/2113:42> »
Just got my expansion at GenCon this past weekend. You get 4 more of the basic cards, 1 each with different art, not 4 more starter decks.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #4 on: <08-31-14/2230:08> »
I really hope there are plans for expansions containing story-driven missions with texts to read/role-play between scenes and with obstacles/events setup that are suited for the story being played. The online mission "Close the Portal" is a nice step forward, but more things need to be done...

In fact, this is the main con for my group of players : they like the game a lot, but they were hoping for story-driven missions.
« Last Edit: <08-31-14/2243:10> by Jamelfr »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-01-14/2204:13> »
We just make up our own story for the missions. Considering the amount of times we need to play the missions, coming up with a new story each time seems to be the way to go!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« Reply #6 on: <09-02-14/1923:08> »
We just make up our own story for the missions. Considering the amount of times we need to play the missions, coming up with a new story each time seems to be the way to go!

You are right and this is what I do with the missions already available. But the Shadowrun universe has great authors (and a great lot of past and recent materials) and I am just wishing that "story-driven" missions will be avalaible in the future.

Oops, I've just realized that another thread was created on that subject, sorry for not posting in that one first : http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17812.0.

I like your sig btw.  ;D