NEWS

Darker and Edgier Chapter 1: Prelude OOC and Introduction.

• 258 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #225 on: <01-12-17/0016:43> »
Bears are nice!
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #226 on: <01-12-17/0031:01> »
Maybe, but surprisingly that's probably the last thing I think about Sky.
Hell, I would have gone for a halfway decent name... Next time I'll propose something.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #227 on: <01-12-17/2230:47> »
I have no negotiations and my charisma is 2.  If you are going to assist anyone with negotiations it will probably be Elena...and I'm sort of in the dog house with Gunderson
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #228 on: <01-13-17/1035:49> »
LOL  And Elena rarely if ever tries to negotiate a better deal.  She is almost always content with what is offered.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #229 on: <01-13-17/2057:43> »
Feel free not to negotiate =D
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #230 on: <01-20-17/1128:17> »
Well if this is 'blowing off' the job then yes Tedd will not go on a new thing before he finished the previous one.   Somehow I did not get that sense of urgency. I mean we meet at 10 am in some place only to go talk to someone else.  Gunderson knew about that thing at least from the night before - so what is another half a hour?  Ritual magic is also measured in hours -so... sorry i do not see the terrible urgency to spend half a day chanting or whatever it is people do in ritual magic.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #231 on: <01-20-17/1156:56> »
I dunno looks pretty urgent to me.  He mentioned you were I pressed for time at least twice and he bumped up your payday by 5k "if you go now".  I think if you take into consideration stuttrs multiple "are you sures" you might be asking for trouble.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #232 on: <01-20-17/1319:20> »
Some rituals only take minutes, not hours.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #233 on: <01-20-17/1617:31> »
We met at 10... Anyhow no biggie for Tedd to be seating another one out.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #234 on: <01-20-17/2127:01> »
Accepting a run then blowing it off may have worse repercussions than just sitting one run out., but okay.  Since Teddy won't be joining you I'll have Gunderson hire an NPC and we will just go back to the Solo threads then.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #235 on: <01-20-17/2128:02> »
Alright.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #236 on: <01-21-17/0112:17> »
Don't bother with Teddy's thread - I'll quit, it's been a bit shaky for me to say the least, but sometimes it happens with characters.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #237 on: <01-21-17/0115:15> »
Are you sure?  I can come up with something.  If you'd prefer to create a different character...one you think might fit in better you are free to do so as well.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #238 on: <01-21-17/1007:53> »
no it is okay... I think it is us not the characters. I mean we just blew a story of what appeared to me as a minor detail but after waiting months for resolution of one epic car repair I wanted to finish RPing it before doing something else. I find this whole expirience unsatisfying.

I mean it would have been okay if that long while was filled with trying to find time to work between runs. But after waiting so long doing nothing because I was proactive and wanting to fix a car... I just wanted to finish that story.  Perhaps it is just our approaches to these things that frustrates me so much.

I felt rhe same frustration on my first posts where Oz was refering to Tedd as Teddy and Tedd could not return the favor. we view things differently but for example I did not see why they shouldn't be friends. You had another view of their relations and well it was okay but felt bad. I think it is the same as here insted of writing people get angry waiting for Tedd you invent some Npc that can replace him in 0 time.  I mean he could have been annoying but you chose to make it considerably more dramatic and write him off the story.

I honestly meant for him to be obsessed about that car and a bit obnoxious. Not to go awol on the run. There are many ways to make things meet and I feel like I need a bit more of a flexibility especially as I often interpert things differenly.
« Last Edit: <01-21-17/1034:32> by gilga »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #239 on: <01-21-17/1309:11> »
I tried to make sure you understood that Gunderson would not see it as a minor detail without making you do something you didn't want to do.

I offered you a number of opportunities to do other things than work on the car, granted I didn't think of sending you on a run while you were following your own story but you made it pretty clear you were only interested in fixing the car, then again the moment I throw a wrench into your plans you blow off the run.  I understand you were frustrated with having to wait a bit while others were catching up to you but I tried to explain that things were going on in the background and I needed you all on the same basic timeline.

The Ted with two D's kinda confused me so I mixed it up a little, if that bothered you you should have mentioned it.  I certainly don't recall admonishing you for calling Oz anything but Oz though I might have asked if you were referring to Oz just to be sure.  I always felt like Oz was friendly towards you but he's a bit gruff (low charisma) so if that put you off I'm sorry I try to give my NPCS a personality to explore.  I don't see anything like what you describe reading back over your solo posts.  As for the NPC replacing you I know Gunderson is going to be pissed and will replace you ASAP I fully intend to roleplay out that people get mad at you, but you have quit before we have been able to get to that.  As it is Sky will be getting an earful but won't be held responsible.

You are free to play your character in whatever way you want.  I understand you felt left out for a while and I'm sorry for that, communicating your frustrations and expectations can help me make the experience more fulfilling for everyone.  You are welcome to keep playing Tedd or create another character now that we (hopefully) understand each other better.