NEWS

Permanently high

• 2 Replies

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« on: <08-04-12/2008:21> »
after starting "Power at a price" i had a thought.
what kind of drug could a character stick in a chem gland with slow internal release and not have their lives severely disrupted by the experience?
here are a couple of my thoughts:
if you've got money to burn and are looking to squeeze that little bit extra from agility, you can fork over 130 grand to get your blood permanently infused with Oxygenated Fluorocarbons. far more expensive than any other option out there for +1 agility, but if you've already got everything and still want more without the hassle of just getting the treatment every week then i suppose it could be for you.
G3. i'm not entirely sure why you wouldn't just pay the 5 nuyen a day for this one, but if your GM feels that it does bestow longevity then i can see this being a cheap and cheerful alternative to genetically increasing your lifespan.
Betel. what? haven't you ever wanted chewing gum additives in your veins 24/7?
Snuff. this one actually gives quite a good bonus for its cost, though as noted there may be long term side effects. its comparatively short duration makes it a solid candidate for a chem gland.

any other suggestions? what would your characters use?
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #1 on: <08-04-12/2231:41> »
I would rather use a nanite hive and use the oxygenation nanites so I can go to a meet and just STOP BREATHING. Then use cybereyes to STOP BLINKING. Now, just stare unendingly at the Johnson. Freaks 'em out every time.

Anyway, if I were going to make permanent drugs, I'd grab a street drug and roleplay a major junkie character, and then decide what my group role is after that. I wouldn't build a character's statline around that implant, in other words.

valavaern

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-05-12/1244:39> »
I've actually been toying around with the somewhat dirty idea of a large group of metahumans all having eX chem glands.  :x

Also, I'm totally with Mason on the Oxy-rush nanites, there's SO much fun to be had with those... though I always wondered how long it takes them to 'recharge' after you use them... :x
~~~~~
"Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide." - Xykon
~~~~~