NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1845 on: <11-29-13/0814:30> »
Wow, i just wanted to post, and realized that invisible castle is down. Know any other site for rolling?
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1846 on: <11-29-13/1325:32> »
@Ren:
For situations like these just roll some physical dice and use that and we'll use the honor system until IC is back up.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1847 on: <12-02-13/0513:19> »
Sorry, for some reason I remembered I already posted the healing, but obviously not. I just made up for that.
Bulldog
Stake

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1848 on: <12-04-13/1020:24> »
Ok, UB 9 is done!!!  Karma awards on the way!!!.......You guys can OOC discuss what you guys want to do and what character development you'd like to complete.  UB10 will just be a continuation of the story.

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1849 on: <12-04-13/2059:22> »
Sweet! That was a really fun session. I'm stoked to see how the team develops, feels like Stake was a really good addition, especially in the role-playing department. A grumpy dwarf, a surly ork, and a twitchy drug addict elf. What could possibly go wrong??  :)

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1850 on: <12-05-13/1113:33> »
I did have fun!  We had a few idle spells there but such is the nature of PbP.  It's a great line-up :)

-base of 5 Karma for everyone for sticking with it to the end.
-Everyone gets 3 Karma for getting a good lead on the mystery behind the drone attacks.
-Everyone gets 2 Karma for some great role-playing all-around.

Zach: gets 1 Karma for some good shooting. 
Storm: gets 2 Karma for really messing up some drones
Stake: 3 Karma for taking out some drones and some great hacking and matrix searching.

Everyone has 1 MVP Karma which they can award to someone other than themselves so just post who you are giving it to.

I'm assuming you guys are all continuing but just in case let me know for sure that you are in for UB10 since I've had some other players ask if they could join but I want to keep it to 3 players for now.  You guys get first dibs. 

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #1851 on: <12-05-13/1117:52> »
I am in.
And as I dont feel I deserve any reward for shooting as  it was done in gnpc mode, Id love to give that extra point to Storm as I love that masochistic gameplay and she unleashed her destructive mojo this time

GM approval?

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1852 on: <12-05-13/1536:12> »
I very much enjoyed the game, so i'm definitely in for the sequel.

I'd like to award the MVP karma to Storm, for making Stake interested enough to get in without any kind of payment. As for development i have to think it through.
Bulldog
Stake

Thermo

• Omae
« Reply #1853 on: <12-05-13/2324:34> »
I'll give my bonus point to Stake, he did a great job on the drone and really helped set up the scene

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1854 on: <12-05-13/2333:31> »
Awesome!  So I'll start up the UB10 thread soon and we'll get back to it!

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1855 on: <12-09-13/0614:20> »
I’d like to take the Biotech skill group at rating 1, or Mechanic skill group if you deem the Biotech not fitting. The rest I’d keep for later (increasing Logic, hacking, or the Electronics group is pretty steep).

As for further steps, i’d like to take the following:
-   Call my contact with the bad news as soon as we are safe, and try to work out some agreement to compensate her for the damage in her warehouse.
-   Rest for a few hours to heal the remaining stun damage (or at least part of it).
-   Put the chip in a Faraday-cage, so that even if it comes online earlier than expected, it won’t compromise our position.
-   Repair the matrix damage in my cyberdeck.
After we rested for a bit, I will try to get all the info one can gather from the matrix on the Hospital. Question is, what we want to do, get in and try to grab whatever was the target of the signal from the chip, or watch the place for a time and try to gather more info, like if there is a difference in traffic from a normal hospital, or if the people visiting show any special characteristics. So, the big decision is if we want immediate action or surveillance, and Stake votes the latter. If they have a virtual fortress despite being a somewhat disregarded institute, I’d hate to run into their physical security without proper prep work.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1856 on: <12-09-13/0742:32> »
It would take some time to figure out the way in, either disguise or b&e way, ssoZach is all right with some recon time. Lets say...2 hours max. We need to move before they do.

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1857 on: <12-09-13/0757:04> »
Sichr, if you are talking about 2 hours from when we left the warehouse, Stake won't be in any condition to go. He still has 1P, 8S, 3M damage, which will take more time to heal and repair, even if not fully.
Bulldog
Stake

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1858 on: <12-09-13/1103:50> »
2 hours after we reach the Hospital. Anyway...if Stake is not able to climb the walls, sneak through vents  and stay out of LOS under most conditions, I don`t see too much resons why would he go inside, if he can use Zach as proxy when it comes to hacking...correct me if I am wrong but it is possible for you to stay safe out of LOS and support infiltration with your tools...am I wrong?

Edit: Also... I recall UBs being brutal, threatening and most of it struggle for survival. I know you want to be all green for the next part, I just dont think we would have such comfort. Just from Zach`s experience. Bu I may be surprised.
« Last Edit: <12-09-13/1106:25> by Sichr »

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1859 on: <12-09-13/1539:54> »
I don't have a problem with a more struggle-like game style. Still if looking at the problem realistically, Stake won't be able to do anything with the hospital system in his current condition. Just for the math: with LOG 7 and Hacking 6, i roll 15 dice if i'm on the same grid as the host i'm hacking and not in hidden mode, to get access; against this, the hospital uses its Device Rating 7 and Firewall 10, for 17 dice. Even on my best day, with full Edge pool (currently empty), it is a stretch to spend time in there. When wounded (-2 to all checks), near impossible. I'd still try it if Stake weren't wounded, because i'd have a chance, it might just be i'd have to bail very quickly.

I also don't know if it is possible, but we should try to get some "help" to access. Nicking an employee of his commlink which might have access data, examining the tag and trying to extract credentials, all could possibly help (there's no game mechanics for that, i figured Inca would tell me if i'm going at it the wrong way). I think all of these would take time. And don't forget that we still have a protected file, which i can try to crack again after some rest.

@Inca: i changed my mind, instead of the skill groups, i'd like to improve my hacking skill to 7.
Bulldog
Stake