NEWS

OOC: Urban Brawl

• 2168 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #30 on: <12-14-10/0508:54> »
Oh, and don't wait for me with your actions. I'm living in the +1 timezone, so that would mean i'm already asleep when you enjoy your evening. :)
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <12-16-10/1542:43> »
@Stryker
Did you not get the most recent addition to my last post?  There's a third one that's LOS with you, wanna redo your post?

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #32 on: <12-16-10/1550:42> »
Oh hell. I'm probably going blind, or something. And i'm stupid to cast Combat Sense instead of Increase Reflexes. Damn.
If that's the case, let's say i'll spend a point of Edge to act in the second pass. I'll still be last to act, but at least i can do something...
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <12-16-10/1555:19> »
Well are you keeping your actions from your last IC post?  If so please change the map so that our maps are consistent with each other.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #34 on: <12-16-10/1557:37> »
Look at the post, i've changed it a bit. I hope that goes well. And i'm changing the map now.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <12-16-10/1600:40> »
Since you only have 1 IP, you can't use edge to be able to act during the 3rd IP. 

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #36 on: <12-16-10/1606:19> »
Then i won't. We'll see when next turn comes. I hope i can survive that long.
I'm starting to think i'm having a bad week.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <12-16-10/1648:24> »
@Kot:
As for your edits, I would say Enemy doesn't really affect you adversely too much if you're mainly doing just combat scenarios.  I'm going to say that you just stick with the qualities you have and try to do the best you can with them.   Add an OS to your commlink, otherwise i'll say it comes with a built-in Sys:1 Fire:1 system by default. 

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #38 on: <12-16-10/1650:54> »
Let's say it's crap and has only that. Seems plausible, as he doesn't have any contacts or computer skills.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #39 on: <12-17-10/0830:14> »
Do i apply the -2 Sustaining penalty to Damage Resistance rolls? I'm sure i made some number errors in my rolls.
Damn it, i'm exhausted. I need some serious rest. This calls in for a vacation. My first free weekend in a while.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <12-20-10/1729:39> »
Sorry I been gone the last two weekends....the whole holiday season is going to be pretty busy so don't think that the thread is losing steam if I don't post as often as I normally do!!

Make sure to fill out the "notes" section in Invisible castle for each roll you make so that it is very clear what the intention of the roll was before you made the roll and then it's always going to be linked to that roll.  If you roll correction rolls (like say you made your DP too small accidentally) then just roll the dice you want to add and make a note what the correction is for in the notes section.  Then i'll look back and see if it's a legit correction.  Of course if instead you made your DP too big, you can just strike out the last die on the list as if you never made it and just say that in your post.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #41 on: <12-20-10/1751:56> »
Well, i didn't apply the -2 penalty to Damage Resistance rolls, but there were no hits on the last two dice, fortunately.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <12-20-10/1832:22> »
damage resistance rolls don't have modifiers on them.  Only defense rolls do.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #43 on: <12-21-10/0424:43> »
Okay. And it seems i'm running out of luck. And my character sucks at combat... He's screwed. Well, maimed actually.
Looks like at least 3 IP's are a Must-Have.

Edit: A noteworthy rule from War!, is that Composure test are called when the Fear power is used.
« Last Edit: <12-21-10/0854:14> by Kot »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <12-22-10/1145:02> »
Yeah, it's a contradiction.  Since the rule of resisting with Willpower only is both in SR4A and Running Wild, i'll rule that we're using just Willpower.
Also another thing, Kot, you don't seem to be linking your roles correctly to Invisible Castle.  You just need to copy the BB code at the bottom of the page that displays the results of your roll.

Don't worry, you can still do well, just try to use more strategy.  The hellhound that attacked you was also only going for a submission.  He won't start to do damage until his next round and each complex action you have you can attempt to break the submission.  You can also cast spells at the hound though, but I'm gonna say that you need to succeed in a Reaction + Agility (2) to obtain line of sight in order to cast an LOS spell.  You can definitely cast touch spells though.

That's what one of the reason's why we're doing these types of scenarios, so that you learn how to tweak your character.