NEWS

[OOC] Recruitment thread for "15 minutes of fame" (closed)

• 35 Replies

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« on: <10-10-10/1623:51> »
I'm looking for a few folks interested in taking on a run to deal with a situation in the sprawl of Seattle, namely a snuff studio that's into blacker then black labeled vids and having made made one too many enemies.

This is intended to be a high RP, low system thread.

The initial meet will take place in the woods themselves of Council Island, 15 minutes out from downtown Seattle, though if folks are interested in meeting up earlier and then going over as a group to the meet site, it's quite doable.
« Last Edit: <10-19-10/2247:39> by FoxBoy »

Yun

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-10-10/1646:08> »
I'm definitely interested, probably with a face of of some kind.

Anything particular we'd have to consider regarding character creation?

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <10-10-10/1807:02> »
I'm planning to play most of it by ear, so if we get a group of 5 sams going in, then it'll be combat heavy. If your bringing a face in, then I'll definately throw a little face time in there.

Just remember, runners are deniable assets, not flash and bang. Bring too much attention and J's might categorize you as expendible assets instead.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <10-10-10/2318:06> »
I'm interested!

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #4 on: <10-10-10/2356:58> »
I sort of want to do something with my VU93 guy on account of how a possession mage could end the run by having the snuff producer beat to death by possessed sex toys.  Though, I don't think he would necessarily be a good fit..  and I'd likely have to cut off all his karma to keep his power levels in line.

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <10-11-10/0133:39> »
The J is going to want the guy alive for something too, so that wouldn't work quite that well.

If you want to bring'em in, feel free. Shadowrun is nice in the way that unless we're talking like hundreds of karma difference in between one runner and the next, they can still mix and match just fine.

If your interested, feel free to post up either a link to a character sheet or the sheet itself. I'm going to go by the honor system here so I won't be checking every roll for validity.

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-11-10/0413:37> »
I'm certainly interested.  I wouldn't mind resurrecting a character from a previous game or two that died.

What year are you setting this in for backgrounds?

Even though you are playing it loose with the rules and focusing on RP are we limited on any books or other aspects?
« Last Edit: <10-11-10/0417:48> by Horsemen »
Agent #191 Catalyst Demo Team

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #7 on: <10-11-10/0601:53> »
If you want to bring'em in, feel free. Shadowrun is nice in the way that unless we're talking like hundreds of karma difference in between one runner and the next, they can still mix and match just fine.

If your interested, feel free to post up either a link to a character sheet or the sheet itself. I'm going to go by the honor system here so I won't be checking every roll for validity.

Well, not hundreds.. but, about a hundred, and around 80k in net earnings.

I can shoot you a quick breakdown in a PM if you'd like, but looking to keep the sheet private.  Role playing works better if strangers are strangers.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #8 on: <10-11-10/1815:07> »
Id like to help, but not sure how much I can do. My main alter ego, well is, and I can say this by virtue of having to retire him twice, is a bit of a Prime runner. If you could use some intell or maybe logistical support, Im game.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <10-11-10/2131:00> »
@Mystic
If folks want to send their character sheet to me instead of posting, then that's cool. Intel and logistics is always good to have in my book.

@Everyone,
If folks really want to bring in someone they can, but I'll be asking folks keep it to around 100 karma or so as the upper limit. A little over isn't a bad thing, just don't go crazy, 'kay? Nuyen, I'm not so bothered about.

I do intend to throw a bunch of sub-plotline ideas out there, but the main one I can already predict will be going overseas to chase someone down.

@Horseman
Starting time for this run is as soon as we can get organized, just in 2072 as opposed to 2010. I.e. if it takes a week to get started then we might be starting on Oct 18, 2072.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #10 on: <10-13-10/0333:45> »
PM sent.. dunno if it lets you know these things.

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #11 on: <10-13-10/0835:16> »
Well I'm interested not sure what I'll play though.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

FoxBoy

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <10-13-10/1412:01> »
I have right now in my inbox, two invisible trickster shamans... someone's in trouble.

Field's wide open Codac if your interested. I do have a need for at least one hacker who knows a bit about how BTL's are produced if your looking for ideas.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-13-10/1512:35> »
Mine's a possession spirit Lukumi tradition, so it's not total overlap.  I can submit another one though if need be.

Yun

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <10-13-10/1536:30> »
Field's wide open Codac if your interested. I do have a need for at least one hacker who knows a bit about how BTL's are produced if your looking for ideas.

I'm still wavering a bit regarding actually going with a face but this is a role I'm definitely not going to fill.