NEWS

New GM about to Start SRM 03, any help?

• 3 Replies

Demonthresis

• Newb
« on: <07-30-12/2235:45> »
As the title implies, I'm a brand new GM and I'm going to be starting Shadowrun Missions season 3 with 4 of my friends.  I've been playing for only about 5 months now and two of my players are first time Shadowrunners.  Luckily, the other two players are not only vets, but one of them is the GM of our main campaign.  I've seen a couple threads like this pop up, but none of them have talked about the concerns I've seen going into this so I apologize for starting another thread along similar lines.

Session one will be this Wednesday where I will run the into mission "Everyone's Your Friend."  After that, I'm not sure if I should run the missions in print order or mix things up.  I have heard switching "Block War" and "Ready, Set, Gogh!" though I'm not sure I'll do it or not (probably will).  Are there any speedbumps I should be aware of or mission order to rearrange before I get deep into this season?  I've already found a couple hiccups in the intro run since the Fixer tells you to meet him at 17th and Broadway in the first scene and then in the second scene the runners enter Manhattan which is kind of backwards to me.  To fix this I'm just going to have everyone meet off the island.

I'm sure there are other things I haven't found yet so that's why I'm begging for any help from the seasoned vets out there.  Thanks in advance for any assistance you might be able to give.
« Last Edit: <07-30-12/2237:26> by Demonthresis »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <07-31-12/1706:28> »
I recently ran them in order, and everything was just fine.  In fact, there are a few adventures that assume you'll be running them in order, and have recurring NPCs, refer to prior plot points, etc, etc.

Demonthresis

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <07-31-12/2147:26> »
Cool, thanks for the feedback.  I was confused because of Gary Deltona showing up in the run right after you rob his place.  I know that the runners shouldn't get caught robbing him, but he doesn't even acknowledge that he had just hired you to steal something for him.  I'll probably have to add lib something there.

sanage16

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-29-14/0657:41> »
nice and good post
sara