NEWS

Shadowrun for Xbox 360

• 35 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-04-10/1350:32> »
*sigh* As long as MicroDrek has the license for Shadowrun video games, we're going to be stuck with things like the 360 game.

Saint

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <09-04-10/1508:33> »
As of 10/15/07 Smith and Tinker licensed Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, and Crimson Skies from Microsoft, so if a future Shadowrun game is released it should be improved, considering Jordan Weisman's previous involvement with FASA and those Intellectual Properties.

-Saint

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #17 on: <09-04-10/1519:34> »
Oh, I knew they got the MechWarrior license, didn't realize they picked up the other two as well.

Saint

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <09-04-10/1521:59> »
Glad to be of service.

-Saint

burntheartist

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <09-04-10/1533:39> »
Was playing this online about a week ago the game will run server on someone 360 in the group, not really shadowrun but not a terrible game.

Not a 360 user now so what bit of second hand info I heard may be false. Wikipedia isn't very clear on this saying they were pending a closure in 08?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <09-04-10/2247:20> »
As of 10/15/07 Smith and Tinker licensed Shadowrun, Mechwarrior, and Crimson Skies from Microsoft, so if a future Shadowrun game is released it should be improved, considering Jordan Weisman's previous involvement with FASA and those Intellectual Properties.

I don't have a lot of faith that S&T will get the BattleTech game developed past the teaser stage. Sadly, I have less that they'll get an unannounced Shadowrun game going.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <09-05-10/0514:43> »
I'd kill for a good SR game.

Not anyone we know, of course.  And definately not a puppy.

I'm not that heartless and desperate.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #22 on: <09-05-10/1640:32> »
First off I'll say this I didn't read this thread.

However my thought is after seeing people play it (I never did) it's a first person shooter not an role-playing game.

I am a Demo Team Agent this game is playable at my firebase (local comic/game store) I asked some of the players what they thought the answer was the same it's an ok/good shooter but it's not Shadowrun.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-07-10/1059:56> »
Was playing this online about a week ago the game will run server on someone 360 in the group, not really shadowrun but not a terrible game.

Not a 360 user now so what bit of second hand info I heard may be false. Wikipedia isn't very clear on this saying they were pending a closure in 08?

Well I cant speak for the pc users but on the 360 all the matches are handled with the server being someone playing (means if they drop out or leave the game ends and you have to find a new one).

If the game had been supported it might have been more then just a passable fps but hey ho.
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Hand Amputation

• Newb
  • GUNK!
« Reply #24 on: <09-09-10/1308:25> »
I'd kill a man to see a Fallout 3-style Shadowrun game.

I would love to see a Bethesda-made SR game.

or, (puts on flame suit) a "World of Shadowrun" type game. I'm just dreaming of a MMORPG.

On topic: I still play the 360 SR game with friends online. I like it for what it is, rather than hating it for what it isn't.

Lord Scythican

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <09-24-10/2040:28> »
Nope.  The SNES one and the Sega one were quite different.

The Sega one was more faithful to the old SR rules, but I always thought the SNES was more faithful to the feel and style of SR, and had a more interesting storyline.

Both were good, and worth playing.

Bull

I had no idea that the Sega one was different that the SNES. I might have to try and acquire a copy of this game...

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <09-25-10/0010:58> »
Though I had a LOT of fun with the SNES version, they went a bit over the top.  By the end of the game you were a street samurai decker mage.

Though I have to admit, it DID appeal to my inner munchkin at the time.   :)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #27 on: <09-29-10/1647:37> »
It's kind of sad that ShadowRun's been so hosed on games.  The world is perfect grounds for amazing games.  Oh well, that's when you get when you combine laziness, greed, and ignorance about the source material.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <09-30-10/0314:56> »
I would say the reason why its been let down in the computer game department is mostly due to the complexity of the game world. When you have multiple roles that can be completed by a range of people and builds the variation can be a nightmare.

Hell in a normal face to face game it can be a tricky balancing out the matrix with the real world, in a computer game the seperation would be even greater.
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #29 on: <10-01-10/1927:43> »
Try running a single encounter with Matrix, meat world, and Astral all running at the same time.  My head almost exploded.