NEWS

Bladerunner

• 50 Replies

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« on: <08-31-11/0923:33> »
Bladerunner is one of my all time faves.  There's talk of having a prequel or a sequel to it with Ridley Scott directing it.  I would prefer a sequel of sorts or a generation after the Bladerunner events.  Ridley must direct it.  Anyone's elses' thoughts?  Below is the article.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/ridley-scott-direct-another-blade-runner-won-t-220747839.html

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-31-11/1059:02> »
Prequel actually sounds pretty interesting...would love them to explore what the characters were doing prior to the events of Bladerunner.  That being said, I would ALSO like to see a sequel, much as you decribe... ;D

AJC

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #2 on: <08-31-11/1104:48> »

Ah, Bladerunner. How I adore thee.

Sequel doesn't really work, for various reasons:[spoiler]

1. Deckard leaves, for real this time. He was quit at the beginning of the movie, but he's twice as quit at the end.

2. If Deckard really IS a Replicant (I say no, Ford agrees with me...Ridley Scott says he is) how long would he live? No one knows.[/spoiler]

3. I don't want to see Harrison Ford in a sequel. He has played some of my very favorite characters, but...I still haven't forgiven him for the last Indy movie.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #3 on: <08-31-11/1229:35> »
The briefly mentioned Semi-Prequel to Alien interests me more actually.

I wouldn't mind if Ford came back, if only as a memorable cameo.
« Last Edit: <08-31-11/1241:20> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <08-31-11/1513:27> »
Maybe as the genetic basis for Deckard?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #5 on: <09-01-11/2323:17> »
Maybe as the genetic basis for Deckard?
Ooo, I like that.
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-11/1239:51> »
Personally, I would very much welcome a chance to revisit the setting with another movie.  Although a sequel would certainly be interesting, I think I'm going to have to say I'd prefer a prequel myself -- I'd be interested to know more about Rick Deckard's past, and Blade Runners in general.

Side note: Pris was insanely cool.

That is all.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Fnord

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-06-11/1723:50> »
I would, to be honest, be even more interested in a movie that remains more faithful to the book that it is based on. While Blade runner was a really good movie, i feel that some parts that they decided to not include would have made it even better. The whole sheep on the roof thing would have been good in order to give you a better idea about what actually drives the main character to do what he does.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #8 on: <09-15-11/1655:50> »
I can only say it'd feel frigging weird listening to the first discussion between Deckard and his wife about Mood Dials.

Cause that's about as far as I've gotten so far. ;D.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-16-11/0558:25> »
Ridley Scott is one of those directors that, in my opinion, is a hit or miss. Hits...Alien, Blade Runner, Legend, Black Rain, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven. Misses...Thelma and Louise, G.I. Jane, Black Hawk Down, Matchstick Men, 1492: Conquest of Paradise.

In several critical respects he backed into Blade Runner's success. He disliked the narration in the domestic release and I thoroughly believe that it adds to the movie greatly helping cement it as Flim Noir. He didn't like the ending either, which I thought was pretty vital.

It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #10 on: <09-19-11/1232:32> »

Totally agreed on the narration and ending.
[spoiler]
I also don't agree with Scott's assessment that Deckard is a Replicant. Yeah, he was the Director of the movie, but I still disagree.  :P[/spoiler]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #11 on: <09-19-11/1747:18> »
You thought GI Jane was a miss? I enjoyed that movie.

John Schmidt

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <09-19-11/1814:27> »
Mason...

Did you enjoy the movie or...Demi Moore? I think actors/actresses that we are fans off can obfuscate a mediocre film.
It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about.

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #13 on: <09-19-11/1816:12> »
I can only say it'd feel frigging weird listening to the first discussion between Deckard and his wife about Mood Dials.

Well, I'll just change the setting on your Mood Dial, so that you feel normal about discussions about Mood Dials ;)

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #14 on: <09-19-11/2150:57> »

Well, I'll just change the setting on your Mood Dial, so that you feel normal about discussions about Mood Dials ;)
See. That shit right there, that's what I'm talking about.

John Schmidt: If Demi Moore screaming at a man in millitary garb to suck her dick is wrong, I don't wanna be right.