NEWS

Value of BioCompatability

• 19 Replies

Beansidhe

• Newb
« on: <09-16-10/2013:25> »
Reading the Quality it seems worthwhile to me for a Street Sam character.  I'm just wondering if it seems that way to me because I am new, or really is worthwhile. 

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-10/2024:54> »
Good quality, also great as a surge quality! you could take Type O system for 30 BP and Surge class 1 for 5 then take Biocompatibility (Cyber) for 10 points.

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-10/2026:30> »
In combination with alphaware it is. Get alphaware first, then compatibility. This will allow you to build a powerful razorguy.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-16-10/2033:26> »
I am thinking that you take the Quality first...then you take gear.

Edit: either way the math comes out the same!

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-16-10/2048:53> »
What I meant by that was:
Alphaware>Biocompatibility
Alphaware removes 20%
Compatibility is 10%

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-16-10/2049:54> »
Sorry I think i knew what you were saying, but wanted to make sure it was clear....have a nice day sir :)

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-17-10/0134:01> »
What I meant by that was:
Alphaware>Biocompatibility
Alphaware removes 20%
Compatibility is 10%
Which stacks to a 30% reduction.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Beansidhe

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-10/0136:24> »

I believe it would be a 28% reduction.  The AlphaWare rate is what you would modify, not the rate of a piece of gear that isn't being placed in your body. 

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-10/0145:27> »

I believe it would be a 28% reduction.  The AlphaWare rate is what you would modify, not the rate of a piece of gear that isn't being placed in your body. 
Last line developer and couple of other devs have stated that your supposed to add all the essence cost reductions together before applying them(just like discounts to initiation/submersion)
Augmentation errata should make this clear, as well correct the essence cost of suites to match this, assuming we ever get it and it hasn't been radically changed.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-10/0151:55> »

Good quality, also great as a surge quality! you could take Type O system for 30 BP and Surge class 1 for 5 then take Biocompatibility (Cyber) for 10 points.

Ähhhhm
Type O and Biocompatibility is incompatible (at least in the German Books !!)

and Mäx is right with 30% you add the Boni/Bonusses together

HokaHey
Medicineman

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Beansidhe

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-10/0253:23> »
For those of us who read English and only have the English PDFs is there a location that we can be directed to to check this out?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-17-10/0256:54> »
For those of us who read English and only have the English PDFs is there a location that we can be directed to to check this out?
Sadly the english errata for Augmentation has never been released.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #12 on: <09-17-10/0357:40> »

Why stop there at 30%? After a games save up 30,000 nuyen and go for the Adapsin Gene treatment. That'll be another 10% to stack.  ;)
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-17-10/0412:58> »
It is insane how much ware you can fit on a person. Asked by a friend if I wanted to do a solo game online but he would provide the pc. I said sure and found my self with a guy that was one step away from going cyber zombie. 9.8 million in delta ware, but here's the catch before you think cheese, I had to bust out of the Corp, then make my way across country north to Seattle and try to start a life. Now this sounds easy till you figure that there is a price on my head, and I have no clue how much but I am figuring allot. I have made it so far into the barrens but I am telling you this is really a hard game, 0 contacts, no friends, almost no cred and I am running low on ammo. All up it maybe one of the better roleplaying experiences I have had and he says this is just a start :)

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-17-10/0627:57> »
It is insane how much ware you can fit on a person.
More then there are in the books, especially if taking evererythink thats possible as bioware/of those implant that do the same think)