NEWS

Women out there

• 88 Replies

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #30 on: <09-21-10/1403:18> »
I don't know how lucky it is.  I get blamed for everything that goes wrong.  Though I'm not sure how much of that is because I'm the only guy and how much is because I'm the GM.  Probably both.

Another scary/amusing question I've gotten:
HER: How much damage can I do with a metahuman body?
ME: I don't know.  Why?
HER: Because I want to hit that asshole with his dead friend.  That's why.
ME: Okay then.  Let me check.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-21-10/1411:30> »
There's already been discussion of Dad fastball-special-ing me.

Or using our face as a club if he gets too uppity.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #32 on: <09-21-10/1414:32> »
Sweet! My Half-orc barbarians favorite ranged attack is throwing the monk in our D&D game.

@Monky: Wait. Your gaming group is all girls and your the GM? I hope that if what Chaotic Insane says ever happens, you plan on skipping the game that week for a night at the ice cream parlor... ;)

<looks around thread, ducks & runs for cover>

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-21-10/1422:00> »
As long as you invite all of them and offer them all chocolate. Or else they will all get pissed at you. The boys just putting up with ME is bad enough. XD Though apparently I get nasty enough to count as more than one. I just get downright mean... er...
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #34 on: <09-21-10/1424:57> »
There's already been discussion of Dad fastball-special-ing me.

Or using our face as a club if he gets too uppity.
Nice.  When my group gets too uppity (or fails to pay attention) I usually just threaten to crush their characters with arbitrarily falling satellites or explode them with mysteriously explosive garbage trucks parked in front of their houses.

Sweet! My Half-orc barbarians favorite ranged attack is throwing the monk in our D&D game.

@Monky: Wait. Your gaming group is all girls and your the GM? I hope that if what Chaotic Insane says ever happens, you plan on skipping the game that week for a night at the ice cream parlor... ;)

<looks around thread, ducks & runs for cover>
Lucky for me I can outrun them all, huh?

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-21-10/1429:39> »
Dad just gives us a good whap upside the head with the campaign or whatever rulebook is closest. It works. Usually. Doom just sits there all quiet and creepy like 'till we notice.

I haven't decided which is more intimidating, actually.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #36 on: <09-21-10/1432:53> »
I've threatened to hit them books too.  My gf usually just glares at me and threatens to punch me in the testicles.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <09-21-10/1441:06> »
And this is why gaming with your girlfriend is usually not the best idea. I mean, it CAN work, but if you're the DM? Noooot so much.

"I'm making you do point buy."

*to the DM's fiancée* "Tell him we're not doing point buy."

"We aren't doing point buy."

"But I want to make you d-"

"And I want to make you sleep on the couch."

"... ok you can just roll."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #38 on: <09-21-10/1443:40> »
She actually likes point buy.  Whenever we roll for stuff she usually ends up with nothing over a 7 or something, swears at her dice, then goes off on a ten minute rant about the "gayness" of random chance in gaming.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <09-21-10/1447:36> »
That's me. Doom actually overrided my rolls once because they were just that horrible. Difference is, I don't really mind. It's funny.

Or I just say forget it, roll dice, ignore them, and pick a decent stat line myself. I almost always play RP characters of mine who already HAVE defined stats that are balanced so meh. I haven't run into a DM that made me roll for them after I showed it to them.

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <09-21-10/1452:02> »
Another testament to the awesomeness of my gaming wife who for now must post through me as proxy:

As an anniversary gift she just now presented me with a nice hardcover Seattle 2072. Just to make it easier for me to make their running lives miserable. Now that's love.   ;D A thanks to juxtamon for the assist.  :)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #41 on: <09-21-10/1502:03> »
Aww, how sweet.

It's becoming a yearly tradition for my gf and I to buy each other sourcebooks and/or dice for birthday and Christmas presents.

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <09-21-10/1537:53> »
It is good to see that many of you are realizing just how sadistic we women can be.  And any male GM willing to run a table full of women I would love to meet.  As for you FastJack, just remember that women have long memories.  You can run, but you will just die tired!  LOL  :P

And woo hoo my thread made it to 3 pages, even if the guys have taken over except for me and Insane!

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <09-21-10/1544:41> »
Yes, but the rabies only lasts for about a week. After that I'm lucky if I can remember why I was so furious at so-and-so. Though I do really feel guilty with as much as I bitch at them about other people >_<;; they don't deserve me shit-talking their friends for the littlest offences in hormonal rages.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #44 on: <09-21-10/1554:15> »
It is good to see that many of you are realizing just how sadistic we women can be.  And any male GM willing to run a table full of women I would love to meet.  As for you FastJack, just remember that women have long memories.  You can run, but you will just die tired!  LOL  :P

And woo hoo my thread made it to 3 pages, even if the guys have taken over except for me and Insane!
My brother-in-law (that's been trained to be a police sniper) has a t-shirt that says something similar. And, we're not trying to take over. Just trying to improve our Etiquette skill points... ;)