NEWS

Women out there

• 88 Replies

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <09-15-10/1244:08> »
My DnD groups have tended to have at least 2 women if not more as well.  The reality is there are more of us out there than is realized.  I think we just need to realize we can be proud to be gamers and be able to think outside of the box.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <09-15-10/1315:34> »
Heck, scariest player I've ever seen was at GenCon '09. My friends and I sat down to play Munchkin Cthulhu and there was a girl that couldn't had been older than 9 years old. Not only did she whip our buts at the game, but she did it with a cute smile and singing songs about Cthulhu and other ... unmentionables.  :o

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #17 on: <09-15-10/1418:28> »
Geek children are scary sometimes. Goes double for females...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-15-10/1537:48> »
*waves* I are female. Never play one ever, but I am one. Only one in my group currently since it's just me, Dad, and a couple friends of mine.

And yes. Gamer children are terrifying. I've been playing battletech since I was 6 years old and I whooped everyone's ass at a bloodname tournament (for KERENSKY) when I was 7. My father was my first kill. A requested headshot was my last. In between rounds I was playing with beanie babies and the Thomas The Tank Engine display they had at our local hobby store.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <09-15-10/1743:48> »
*waves* I are female. Never play one ever, but I am one. Only one in my group currently since it's just me, Dad, and a couple friends of mine.

And yes. Gamer children are terrifying. I've been playing battletech since I was 6 years old and I whooped everyone's ass at a bloodname tournament (for KERENSKY) when I was 7. My father was my first kill. A requested headshot was my last. In between rounds I was playing with beanie babies and the Thomas The Tank Engine display they had at our local hobby store.

We're drifting from double X chromosomes to tiny chromosomes, but I can't help but add to it. I taught my eldest son the game recently. Four games and I've had my head handed to me four times. I shudder to think what happens when my youngest gets into it, as he's way smarter than my elder.
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <09-15-10/1809:30> »
Ah the joys of training the new generation.

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-15-10/1830:44> »
My little boy learned Dragon before Mommy......cool thing is he learned it from the Komodo dragon we go and look at in the Seattle Zoo, though now he knows Fantasy dragons as well lol.    O and he has learned Mommy as well, which has made Kat's day :)

street.mage

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <09-17-10/2100:06> »
Aside from my wife playing, we have two other couples (yeah, 3 couples that game together; REGULARLY!) in our group.  One of the guys always runs the game, but the 3 ladies play. 

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <09-18-10/1331:41> »
Very nice..  As I said in another thread, THe couple that games together stays together. DarkLloyd and I have a blast gaming together even though our styles are different.

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <09-19-10/0215:04> »
I think SRun is one of the games that is more welcoming to female players.

Apart from D&D, Shadowrun is the only other RPG my wife will play. And she's had quite a few options. (Actually, that's not entirely true. She's run Og and Kobolds Ate My Baby in the past and introduced us to Battle Cattle.) Though she keeps threatening to run Project A-ko again.

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <09-20-10/0033:36> »
So get her on the forums to join the rest of us in causing havoc.  :P ;D

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <09-20-10/1501:07> »
Turns out I'm full of drek, as my wife promptly reminded me the instant I showed her the above. She was also a very sporting Vampire the Masquerade player and was quite supportive of our brief foray into Aeon before it had to be renamed Trinity.

She has no interest in joining another board at this time but her power is such that she can still make me correct myself in a public venue even when she will likely never double-check to see if I have complied.

So while she's not signing up at this time, rest assured she is already causing havoc!  :'(  ;)  ;D

TranKirsaKali

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <09-20-10/1513:04> »
ROFLAMAO that is great!   ;D

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #28 on: <09-21-10/1336:50> »
I'm the only guy in my group.  And lord help me.  Some of the stuff those girls come up with is horrifying.  Other times, horrifyingly cute.  "Can I headbutt the dragon?"

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-21-10/1339:30> »
That's right up there with "TAZE THAT BEAR! DO IT DO I- that did not work."

*next respawn*

"GO FIST FIGHT THAT BEAR."

And you're either an incredibly lucky man to have a table full of girls... or they'll sync and you'll become crispety dead.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning