NEWS

Enemy Quality from run faster 5e

• 7 Replies

Crey57

• Newb
« on: <10-22-17/1817:03> »
So in my games I use the life moldules for character creation. no bggie but every time a player ends up getting the enemy quality I have no idea how to address it cuase I cant seem to find it in any of the books how it is addressed or if there is any other limits (does it goes up like addiction) but if its been dropped I haven't found it. so any help would be great.

Thanks in advanced

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-22-17/2157:15> »
Enemies are like contacts in reverse. They represent some npc(or npc group) that has a hard-on for the character. They have connection and loyalty. The trick is that loyalty represents how much of a hard-on they have for the character.  Example: connection 12 "anti loyalty" 1, you cheesed off some AAA bigwig but he's not willing to throw his weight around much. This would be worth 13 points.

Granted this is almost not explained at all in 5e material, being an import from 4e, with catalyst's usual editing prowess.

Player and GM should work together to flesh out the npc into a fully built character. 

Crey57

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-23-17/0830:25> »
right on thanks for the reply I didn't know if it was a thing from fourth or not but that does make sense.  seems pretty useful. now to contact that player to flesh out that npc.  again thanks so much for the info!Q

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <10-23-17/1038:38> »
Also if I remember correctly from 4th ed. enemies are meant to be recurring obstacles that makes the pc's life harder. How much harder is of course tied to their point value. Obstacles can be anything from spreading rumours about the PC to actually hiring other shadowrunners to foil the pc's runs..etc. The obstacles should never be insurmountable but neither should they be trivial.

Crey57

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <10-23-17/1420:42> »
Thanks Rosa so if my player wanted to say increase it from ten to 15 it would be doable we would just have to figure out appropriate things they would do if I am understanding correctly?

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <10-23-17/1834:38> »
Also just going and shoot the enemy, might very well end with them gaining two more instead who are pissed their poker buddy is now gone...

Crey57

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-23-17/2128:15> »
Again thanks guys for being so helpful I struggled with this negative quality in the past that I used to omit it from my games now with you alls insight I think I feel a lot more comfortable adding to the list again

Rosa

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-23-17/2241:12> »
Thanks Rosa so if my player wanted to say increase it from ten to 15 it would be doable we would just have to figure out appropriate things they would do if I am understanding correctly?

Yes exactly.  Also I think you get the best use of enemies if they don't get over used, but every so often they make the pc's life harder,  often enough that the player develop some paranoia about it.