NEWS

Apprentice Questions

• 2 Replies

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« on: <08-01-17/1031:20> »
So hey, long time no see, been a couple of years. Hahahahah.

So I've recently gotten Forbidden Arcana and a couple things crossed my mind regarding one of the 'new' types of Awakened, the Apprentice. The first has to deal with the Apprentice's relationship with Ritual Spellcasting. Is it considered like Health or Combat where the apprentice specializes in it, are you allowed to get ritual spellcasting but only specific types of spells that correspond with the spell type you choose or are you allowed to get any of them if you choose?

The next thing deals with the Tarot Card Tradition and the summoning ability they get. Is this, in any way, hindered by the Apprentice's deal with only being able to summon 1 element? My gut says that since its a separate power that you have to invest time and karma in, plus have the deal of chance dictating what card is drawn, I feel like this is fine, BUT! I can also see wanting to keep with the one element rule if it needs to be there.

Thank you for your time, hope to see you in the shadows soon Runners.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-01-17/1538:22> »
By strict RAW apprentices are only able to use spell casting and summoning and can use assensing.
A generous GM might allow you to add binding, banishing, counterspelling and ritual spellcasting for rituals that contain a spell or spirit of your chosen category.

Tarot Card summoning requires a metamagic investment, so that should be no problem even for an apprentice to access. 
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-17/1759:25> »
Thanks, wanted to make sure I understood the feel of what a normal Apprentice is like.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"