NEWS

Replacement Archtypes for 5th

• 28 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <06-14-17/2146:16> »
So, we know that the archetypes in the book leave a lot to be desired, as such I have decided to place on my web page some replacements.  First one is up, tell me what you think of the Street Sam

http://jawedel01.wixsite.com/kountry-gaming/copy-of-shadowrun-critter-2

The Shadowrun page itself is here

http://jawedel01.wixsite.com/kountry-gaming/shadowrun

JmOz01

• Omae

The Dyslexic Won

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-15-17/0924:53> »
Looks nice JmOz, thou it would be nice to see some that are Shadowrun Missions ready.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #3 on: <06-15-17/0935:07> »
I'd be slightly more specific and write in init values using the focus concentration and improved ref. New player may not understand how that works.
Second why include a laser sight, with a built in smart gun system?
Lastly a Helmet.

Otherwise I like the mage. 
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-15-17/1204:14> »
I'd be slightly more specific and write in init values using the focus concentration and improved ref. New player may not understand how that works.
Second why include a laser sight, with a built in smart gun system?
Lastly a Helmet.

Otherwise I like the mage.

Default on the gun...

I might go in and add a note on the use of Improved Reflexes...

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-15-17/1207:44> »
You might also want to list out how the starting karma was spent. The mage looks like she has 1 Attribute point too many but I'm guessing you improved Charisma with starting karma.

If these are for starting characters then you might want to call out certain bonuses, like what the advantages are for Dragonslayer. (I'm guessing the mage is using the +2 to Etiquette, as she doesn't have any other social skills.)

For the mage, what's the goal of having Pistols 6? If she wants to kill something she should be casting spells at it. If she wants to kill something without having to cast spells, she should at least use a heavy pistol. If she just wants to look less like a mage, she might prefer Automatics and suppressive fire. Those are valuable skill points that could be put toward Perception or Sneaking, or Logic-based skills (like First Aid) to leverage her Logic 6.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-15-17/1220:09> »
Looks nice JmOz, thou it would be nice to see some that are Shadowrun Missions ready.

I don't do missions, could you review and tell me what is not missions and I will see about changing it?

The Dyslexic Won

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-15-17/1310:19> »
Hero lab has a check box to set the rules up for missions

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hb8l8d8vbp3ss19/SRM%20Chicago%20FAQ%20Ver%201.2.pdf?dl=0

for the full list

Qualities are the only thing I'm really seeing as non-mission
The combat mage has Combat Junkie and Records on File

drakir

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <06-15-17/2116:14> »
Replacement Archetypes should only be using Qualities from the Core rules. The Samurai is using Run Faster qualities and Run&Gun armor. The Combat mage is also using stuff from other sources like Hard Targets.

I like the initiative, but using more than the Core book is "cheating". A group that has access to all rules probably wants to create their own characters anyway. The examples should be for new players using only core book. Making them Mission legal is a bonus that can't be that hard to fulfill.

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-15-17/2132:19> »
Replacement Archetypes should only be using Qualities from the Core rules. The Samurai is using Run Faster qualities and Run&Gun armor. The Combat mage is also using stuff from other sources like Hard Targets.

I like the initiative, but using more than the Core book is "cheating". A group that has access to all rules probably wants to create their own characters anyway. The examples should be for new players using only core book. Making them Mission legal is a bonus that can't be that hard to fulfill.

I can see your point in this.  But I do disagree.  I feel that replacing the archetypes is in part about updating them to current.  What does everyone else think?  I can defiantly limit to the main book, but do you all feel this would help or hinder the project?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #10 on: <06-16-17/1042:15> »
I think it's fine ether way. They're your visions on archtypes, there are certainly plenty of things that have been added it would be better to have access to.
« Last Edit: <06-16-17/1750:23> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

The Dyslexic Won

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <06-16-17/1044:29> »
I would like the Replacement  Archtypes to be noob friendly starting places that are ready to be used, say in a game at a Con.
books, well, staying with the Core Books and not just the Core Rule Book would work wonders.  Mostly if the sheet  has the info needed to run the Archtype or if the Qualities are worked in already.  Jake of all trades is not something you need to know how to use at the table if it has been worked in to the karma costs on the write up.

lets see that would be
Chrome Flesh
Data Trails
Run & Gun
Run Faster
Rigger 5.0
Street Grimoire
added to the Shadowrun: Fifth Edition Core Rulebook.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <06-16-17/2320:47> »
A combat mage doesn't have to be an Ork Poser to look like that. Physical Mask yo!
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

drakir

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <06-19-17/0435:37> »
Here's an Occult Investigator for your collection.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_uo4RmLfLw3SElkc3Z2dmRwXzA

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <06-21-17/2300:49> »
Question: The Face I built is an Adept, do you think I should redo her to use cyber/Bio?