NEWS

Nice to see the site

• 20 Replies

The Dyslexic Won

• Newb
« on: <05-26-17/1735:56> »
Did I miss something? was the site down?

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-26-17/1834:33> »
It appeared that way.  I couldn't access it for about two days.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

adzling

« Reply #2 on: <05-26-17/1837:59> »
yeah it was down, at least for me.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #3 on: <06-10-17/1301:23> »
finally back after the hack and shutdown, it seems.  Would have been nice to have had some communication about what was going on, but for now I'm just glad it is back.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <06-10-17/1337:55> »
I have the feeling they restored from a back-up, as the last posts are not there.  The last post I noticed in a PbP game I'm in is from May 28th and I'm sure I posted after that date (I have rolls on the dice roller site from the 29th).  But at least it's back and we have access to our characters again.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <06-10-17/1501:03> »
Probably a weekly backup.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #6 on: <06-10-17/1806:12> »
Yay It's Back!!
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <06-10-17/1828:15> »
finally back after the hack and shutdown, it seems.  Would have been nice to have had some communication about what was going on, but for now I'm just glad it is back.
Yeah... a mention on their Twitter, tumblr, Facebook, blog, website, or anything would have been nice.

The developer communication black-out is getting a little unnerving.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <06-10-17/1835:31> »
I call it damn lucky, that there is a back up at all.

Got to do the same an finally pull some of my characters to offline storage...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #9 on: <06-10-17/1934:44> »
Yeah... a mention on their Twitter, tumblr, Facebook, blog, website, or anything would have been nice.

The developer communication black-out is getting a little unnerving.
Developer communications are scheduled for after the Technomancer book.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #10 on: <06-10-17/2014:27> »
Shadowrun Rule #1 No communication or point of contact with fans.
This seems to include when products are released as well.  Ripping Reality dropped and if hadn't been on Drive Thru for something else wouldn't have caught it.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <06-10-17/2121:49> »
My bad, I left Kane in charge for one minute while I had to rescue some newb's hoop from Renraku Red Samurai. Next thing I know, site's blown to bits, no one can get a hold of Bull, and I'm receiving spam from 1999 about something called a Blair Witch? Anyway, it was hard to get a hold of everyone since the contact info we have for you was in the quarantine, and not sure how to make a public SocMed post about a tenth-grader hacking the board's code without it sounding like we're inviting others to try.

But we're back, baby!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #12 on: <06-11-17/0126:45> »
My bad, I left Kane in charge for one minute while I had to rescue some newb's hoop from Renraku Red Samurai. Next thing I know, site's blown to bits, no one can get a hold of Bull, and I'm receiving spam from 1999 about something called a Blair Witch? Anyway, it was hard to get a hold of everyone since the contact info we have for you was in the quarantine, and not sure how to make a public SocMed post about a tenth-grader hacking the board's code without it sounding like we're inviting others to try.

But we're back, baby!

Dammit.  Glitch was on "vacation" somewhere in the South China seas, I was dealing with an unexpected issue involving a certain clown-faced asshole, and we left Slamm-0! in charge and he...  Umm... Was at a ball game?  What kind of excuse is that, Fred??  Ghost help me, teach me to go take some personal time...

Sipowitz

• Omae
  • Smile for the camera
« Reply #13 on: <06-11-17/0244:41> »
This is why you never trust 'Runners, when the shit hits the fan and they're caught with their pants down, it's all excuses and finger pointing.

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <06-11-17/0729:00> »
It's back and as fast and responsive as ever... [/sarcasm]