NEWS

Monad Starting PC?

• 10 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <05-17-17/1446:03> »
I doubt it can be done exactly with sumto10 but how would you go about modelling the various elements of CFD whilst sticking to RAW char gen? It may be easier to 'get infected' during play but I'm interested in a Monad who has full control of their new host...

Any ideas appreciated!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-17-17/1509:00> »
Hm, in essence you'd have to create an AI character and it's host and treat the host like a drone body.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-17-17/1722:57> »
Once in a host Monads are kind of stuck there aren't they?  I was thinking more along the lines of some damage resistance and / or healing qualities plus some free nanites that become part of lifestyle to maintain... need to read Lockdown again to remember what other powers are attributed to CFD...

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-17-17/1754:37> »
Well, if you just want to play a CFD victim, it's really up to the GM how he allows that. As in, how much that'd cost you (probably karma gen, as that's gonna be expensive).
It's essentially a high rating, fully adaptive nanoware system with integrated hive, nearly impossible to detect, non-degrading, and with some bonus functions somewhat equivalent to a pain editor or adrenaline pump.
And in Boston, they are also improved technomancers with the equivelent of biological hardened armour and regeneration.
The AI+Host thingy can probably be done with Data Trails AIs and a BTL-Junkie, but CFD... well, more than even infected and dark magic it's just not supposed to be played; I believe it was in it's entirety a plothook to try and retcon overpowered nanoware from 4th Ed. Really crushing suspension of disbelief in the process.
I'd rate it's usefulness at ... way over 200 karma, to be honest.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-17-17/1847:01> »
Having now reread Lockdown I'm not sure it's that good!? At least the vanilla variety. Attribute boost and a way of staving off some stun and staying conscious in to overflow...bioware can do this in the rules so could simulate CFD without unbalancing everything...

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-17-17/1908:43> »
Well, the standard variety is not that good. Still probably as good as the most expensive infected abilities; Staying conscious into overflow is rather unique and you get a free, high rating nanoware system that (though I have't found exact rules for that yet) supposedly can act as any other kind of nano system, most of which are 12F or higher, coming with it's own hive, free of essence cost.
Wouldn't know how valuable that is exactly, but it'll be expensive.
The Boston Variety, however, basically turns you into a better technomancer with regeneration, on top of all the above bonuses. Which I think is too obviously mini-boss to be played. YMmV.  ;)
Again, not trying to discourage you here, I thought about the same in the past. I just never did it.
« Last Edit: <05-17-17/1914:08> by UnLimiTeD »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <05-18-17/1745:39> »
I think the rules for prototype transhuman with a lvl 1 adrenaline pump and lvl 1 orthoskin is probably a close enough approximation of vanilla CFD without diving in to regenerating TMs. Brief boost to attributes, no wound penalties and stay conscious even in stun overflow... it even has drain. It's hardly unbalanced and if we can play ghouls or vampires or even naga, why not CFD?  :o ::) ;D

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <05-18-17/1814:03> »
Well, no, it's not a far stretch, though staying conscious into physical overflow could be rather significant on, say, a troll.
However, that is also a significant point: Prototype comes with a free disadvantage, which a CFD victim should also have. Probably something about being socially inept, or a personality disorder.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <05-18-17/1820:12> »
Sorry, just staying conscious when stun CM monitor is full is my reading of adrenaline pump... and I was thinking Wanted, by just about every corp :P
« Last Edit: <05-18-17/1824:47> by Aria »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <05-18-17/1835:06> »
Well, it is, which is why CFD is stronger at it. That's pretty much what I'm saying.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <06-16-17/1235:41> »
Here's my initial attempt... still got 20K nuyen or so to play with.  Comments welcome!

Dark Hope               

CFD Infected Caucasian Human
Role Infiltrator / Samurai / Future Combat Decker?               

*Age* 18/55    *Sex*  F    *Height*   Average     *Build*  Slight               
*Nationality*  EVO                              

*Race* E *Attributes* B *Magic* E *Skills* B *Resources* A               

*Attributes*               

Body:   3   (   3   )   
Agility:   6   (   8   )   
Reaction:   4   (   7   )   
Strength:   2   (   2   )   
Willpower:   3   (   3   )   
Logic:   5   (   5   )   
Intuition:   3   (   3   )   
Charisma:   3   (   3   )   
Edge:   3            
Magic/Resonance:   0   (   0   )   
Essence:   6   (   1.7   )   
Initiative:   7   (   10   )   
Initiative D:   1D6   (   3D6   )   

Physical Limit:   6            
Mental Limit:   6            
Social Limit:   4            

Phys CM:   10            
Stun CM:   10            

Composure:   6            
Judge Intentions:   6            
Memory:   8            
Lift/Carry:   20kgs            
Movement:   16            

*Positive Qualities / Racial Bonuses*               

CFD (Prototype Transhuman w. Adrenaline Pump [1], Orthoskin [1], Wanted [EVO])                
Catlike               

*Negative Qualities / Racial Penalties*               

CFD (Allergy Uncommon Severe (Electricity, -4D actions, 1 box unresisted damage)               
One of Them               
Prejudiced (EVO & NeoNet citizens, Biased)               

*Skill Groups*               

Cracking   5            

*Skills*               

Automatics (ARs)   5   (   13   /15)   
Clubs   1   (   9   )   
Escape Artist   1   (   9   )   +1D ware
Gymnastics   5   (   13   )   
Locksmith (Maglocks)   6   (   14   /16)   
Palming   1   (   9   )   
Sneaking (Urban)   5   (   15   /17)   +2D catlike
Throwing Weapons   1   (   9   )   
Pilot Ground Craft   4   (   11   )   
Etiquette   1   (   4   )   
Negotiation   1   (   4   )   
Perception   4   (   7   )   
Computer   4   (   9   )   
Cybercombat   5   (   10   )   
Electronic Warfare   5   (   10   )   
First Aid   1   (   6   )   
Hacking   5   (   10   )   

*Knowledge / Language Skills*               

English   N   (   N   )   
Mandarin   1   (   4   )   
Russian   1   (   4   )   
Combat Cant   2   (   5   )   
Computer Science   3   (   8   )   
Small Unit Tactics   4   (   9   )   
Tradecraft   3   (   8   )   
Matrix Hacking Exploits   4   (   7   )   

*Cyber & Bioware*               

Adrenaline Pump [1] *               
Orthoskin [1] *               
Muscle Toner [2]               
Enhanced articulation               
Wired Reflexes [2]               
Reaction Enhancers [1]               
Datajack & Smartlink               

Nanite Trauma control system [4]               

* CFD Nanites               

*Gear*               

DroneMaster RCC [DR4, DP4, Fi4(5)] w. eWar [4], Stealth (Kanmushi, Flying Eye, Noiz) [4], Swarm, Encryption, Virtual Machine w. Wrapper, Signal Scrub                
5x Shiawase Kanmushi [H4, Sp2, Ac1, B0, A0, Pi3, Sn3], 4x NoizQuito [H 4 SP 3R Ac 2 B 1 A 0 Pi 3 Sn3], 2x Horizon Flying Eye [H4, Sp3, Ac2, B1, A0, Pi3, Sn3] w. flashpak & smoke grenade               
Transys Avalon [DR6] w. Modified Firewall +1 DP -1, Hardwired Program Carrier w. Virtual Machine, Wrapper, Agent [4], Hot SIM module, Trodes, Fake SIN [4], 2x Fake Licence [4]               
Micro Transceiver & Subvocal Mic, Respirator [4], Lowlight Flashlight, Metalink Disposable Commlink, w. Fake SIN [1] , Fake Licence [1], Local Area Mapsoft, AR Gloves, Bug Scanner [6], Tag Eraser, 10x Plastic Restraints, Medkit [3], 2x Stim Patch [4], Trauma Patch, 2x Tranq Patch [6]               

Softweave Catsuit [9] w. Thermal Damping [4], Non Conductivity [6], Sensor Array [5] w. camera w. vision magnification, flare compensation, directional mic w. audio enhance [3], motion sensor 25m, olfactory sensor, ultrasound 50m, radio signal scanner 20m               
White Noise Generator [6], Area Jammer [4], Ultrasonic Noise Generator [4]                

Shiawise Arms Light Model 73* [5(7), 8P, SA/BF/FA, R3(4), 50(c)] w. Shockpad, smartlink     *Ares HVAR               
Walther P118 [A5(7), 7P, SA/BF/FA, R3, 24 (c)] w. Electronic firing, gas vent [2], smartgun, safe target system, biometric safety, extended clip               
3 Thermal Smoke, 2 Flashbangs, 1 CS Gas Grenade                              

*Lifestyle*               

Urban Loft [Comforts & Necessities: 3 Security: 3 Neighborhood: 4 Entertainment: 4 Assets: Grid Subscription, Patron of the Arts (Seattle)]