NEWS

Hail, and Well Met

• 2 Replies

Popestar

• Newb
  • Are you on the square?
« on: <05-07-17/1400:36> »
I'm not sure where else to put this, so I think General Discussion is probably the best bet.  If it's not, I'd ask that a mod or an admin please move this introduction thread to the appropriate location.  :)

Anyhow, I'm Popestar, and I'm semi-new in these parts.  I say semi-new because I had an account here a LONG time ago, but I have since forgotten the exact spelling of the username, the password, and I no longer have the email account that was linked to these forums (my Yahoo account got hacked and I had it deleted several years ago now).  So instead of trying to remember everything, I felt it better to start fresh.  I hope that's ok?

I'm here looking for some 4E PBP action, as well as learning more about 5E.  I've been playing 4E for quite a number of years, but I've not had much exposure to 5E.  And the other sites that I frequent are either defunct (what the frak happened to Dumpshock?), or don't really "do it" for me in terms of SR goodness.  So I'm here, again, looking to scratch that 6th world itch.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #1 on: <05-07-17/1425:45> »
Dumpshock is still around, mostly.  But it has been down a lot over the past month or two.  Not quite sure what has been happening with it.  Also has been pretty quiet except on the play by post board.

Popestar

• Newb
  • Are you on the square?
« Reply #2 on: <05-08-17/1210:42> »
Yeah, I just tried to hit Dumpshock again this morning, and I'm getting the "DNS not found" error.  So my guess is that it's either a DB issue or something much more involved.  Could just be that I'm trying to hit it at a time where there's a lot of load on the server too.

Either way, it's not that important.  I just was trying to get there cuz I know there's PBP there.  But we've got PBP here too, so I will just stick around here and wait for a game to open up!