NEWS

Skill Choices & Skillwires

• 17 Replies

The Bald Man

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <05-06-17/0900:34> »
I don't recognize the Ares Sigma - what is that?  SMG?
Heightened Concern gets you a penalty reduction of 1 at the cost of a complex action.  What penalty are you trying to overcome that you know about far enough ahead of time that you have a spare complex action?  Armor seems to be a priority so maybe Mystic Armor.  There are a lot of good .5PP and .25PP powers. 

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #16 on: <05-06-17/1412:36> »
I don't recognize the Ares Sigma - what is that?  SMG?

Heightened Concern gets you a penalty reduction of 1 at the cost of a complex action.  What penalty are you trying to overcome that you know about far enough ahead of time that you have a spare complex action?  Armor seems to be a priority so maybe Mystic Armor.  There are a lot of good .5PP and .25PP powers. 

Ares Sigma-3 is a SMG from Gun Haven 3,  it looks more like a Grenade launcher due to the 50 round drum magazine.
Its my Supressive Fire weapon :)

Thanks for pointing out the limits to HC.
I've been using it for so long on my 6 Magic characters to maintain a spell buff that I forgot there are actual "rules" to it since I just think of it as Up to 3 point distraction ignored.
What I was planning on using it for was to ignore penalties from damage that I take.  But the limits of it mean I will probably change to something else.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <05-06-17/1450:19> »
One thing to consider is that you cannot use Edge on skills you're using skillsoft for.
Which I find hilarious since 4th edition had the expert system that let you.