NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Qwikfix

« Reply #360 on: <12-06-16/0951:09> »
If he were in a less hampered state, Krestov may have intervened on this little spat, but at this point in time it took everything jus to remain focused.  He shot bnc a look at the jibes and chuckled at Slobbertooth''s antics, but before he could react the two women had separated.

Sighing, he leaned forward and pinched his brow.  "Krestov know job.  Look big, make sure opposito on not want start violence.  Can do that"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #361 on: <12-06-16/1407:58> »
bnc raises an eyebrow as Flatline steps forward. "You care to contribute anything to this run before you tell yer chummers how ter lingo their mates? Just do your job. I damn sure did mine 'til now, doc."

bnc shuts her eyes. For an instant she may seem to avoid Flatline, but whoever has their AR sight turned on, can see that her persona leaves to check the mentioned place. "negative. Nothing online there. I can open the doors for you."

bnc, too, rises. "You seem to be fine 'bout tomorrow. Wake me up before you go-go. I'll take the evening off, then.
Uhm, Mike. Are we allowed, y'know, leave for a club or something? Don't tell me the only male roughly my size is Sir Systemic Family Constellations."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #362 on: <12-06-16/1506:38> »
Mike shrugged: "Dr. Schmitt didn't specify that. But he probably assumed you all would try to get some sleep before the mission so you'd be well rested. At least that's how it was on all the team runs I've been part of.
But again: I'm just the janitor, I don't care as long as you don't make a mess and jeopardize the mission by leading some muggle to our base."

Mike yawned: "Speaking of which, I'm gonna hit the sack too. I'll have all your stuff ready before you leave. If you need any suits pressed or other stuff ironed I have loaded the drone swarm with a household soft. Just give them the command and they'll take care of your wardrobe."

With that Mike left for his room.

The next morning was grey - mist had rissen from the lake and now was in the process of freezing over every surface outside. The gate crackled as it moved upward. A fine day for a shadow run. 
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #363 on: <12-07-16/0003:48> »
Slobbertooth woke up in time, or more accurately stayed up long enough, to join the rest of the team for breakfast. Even when he was splitting a home with the team, Slobbertooth had been a bit nocturnal, and his stay in the Barrens hadn't exactly helped much in that regard. He had spent most of the night running laps and going through some AR shooting drills with his SMG, rifle and pistol. It had been a long time since he had a quiet just to himself and Zelda. While Wolf often gave Josiah praises for his behavior in the Barrens, Josiah was happy to trade fewer plaudits for quiet and climate control.

He moved his equipment over to the side of the kitchen table and brewed some cups for soykaf for Mike and the team as they filtered into the kitchen for breakfast.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #364 on: <12-08-16/0819:07> »
"Ugh, whatever. Du brauchst nicht mit dem ganzen Zaun winken... I'm not part of it anyway. Whatever. Cheers, mates, mate and cheer."

Next day in the morning, it takes bnc a while to get up. The others might in fact have already left, if nobody cares to wake bnc up. There's little she can do during the part of the action, so she'll just relax and enjoy the show.
When she comes down, still in her pyjamas, she takes a bowl of honey muesli out of the fridge, then joins whoever there is left to join.

[spoiler]You can't really translate what she was mumbling. Basically it's something like "Jeez, I got it", but with a chunk of German sarcasm.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #365 on: <12-08-16/2206:30> »
Devon wakes up for the breakfast meeting, puts on the comfortable suit that had been selected for him and continues to quiz himself on golf notes he made for himself.  He wasn't happy with the idea that things had ended so badly the night before, but he figured he was working with professionals and things would go fine for the rest of the day.

When he saw bnc sitting in her pjs he stopped, "Are you getting ready?"

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #366 on: <12-09-16/0912:09> »
"So, you guys still think it makes sense for me to come along? Ugh, if you insist... I can eat in the car, I guess."

Not really sure why her presence makes any sense, bnc decides for avoiding yet another argument. Instead, she slips into the dress Anna has chosen for her, puts on some quick make-up, brushes her hair, and returns no more than fifteen minutes later.
"Finished!", she announces with badly feigned brightness. She then sets some of the household drones to the task of bringing her most important stuff (she forgot it upstairs and doesn't like the idea of stepping steps again).
If the others aren't finished, she returns to the couch to finish her yoghurt, carefully paying attention not to spoil the dress.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Qwikfix

« Reply #367 on: <12-09-16/0930:32> »
Krestov was thankful for the rest, able to work off the effects of all that vodka whilst the drones pressed his attire for the meet.  Upon waking, he stepped by bnc's door and offered a quiet knock to wake her before setting down, only his tie askew as he took the caf graciously.

In the clean armored suit and coat and a good pair of shades,  the troll looked every bit the overwhming show of force that was his role for today.  His mind ws still swirling over the infighting, but at his point he had no grounds to intrude.  Wouldn't solve anything, just redirect the anger...hm

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #368 on: <12-09-16/1115:15> »
Mike appeared a little while later, handing out packages, containing IDs and burner commlinks of high quality + the required licences and other stuff the team had requested.

"Alright. While you guys have fun on the island, I'll go and get the sub. Slobber, do you still want to accompany me, or would you rather go with your team instead? It's fine either way.
Oh by the way: A friend at KE just gave me a heads up that a Mr. Whitman got caught with a surprising amount of drugs in his car at the border crossing. So good work and good luck."
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #369 on: <12-09-16/1333:53> »
Mike appeared a little while later, handing out packages, containing IDs and burner commlinks of high quality + the required licences and other stuff the team had requested.

"Alright. While you guys have fun on the island, I'll go and get the sub. Slobber, do you still want to accompany me, or would you rather go with your team instead? It's fine either way.
Oh by the way: A friend at KE just gave me a heads up that a Mr. Whitman got caught with a surprising amount of drugs in his car at the border crossing. So good work and good luck."

"What the hell am I going to do at a fancy party? Lets' go get the boat."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #370 on: <12-10-16/0423:31> »
Yael locked her door turned wireless functionalities off and once she relaxed with the guitar she entered the shower. She indeed had too much repressed sexual energy inside her for what seemed to be a streak of bad luck in partners,
from not joining the threesome with her roommate, to trying to bed that emotionally unstable Decker girl, and then with Whitman that should have been a great fuck and all but she trashed his freaking painting... to make Whitman press charges on Anna - but in the meanwhile Anna took care of herself - "that drunk artist...  I sort of like her without even meeting her."

"Darn it, I could have fucked his brains out, leave with a happy smile in the morning and never discover about that man anger management issues."  She lowered the shower head between her legs and allowed it to wash away all her frustrations and thoughts. 

In the morning Yael took a long time to prepare, she showered again, and quickly pocketed all evidence of her leisure activities. Stashing her personal items in their places piling up her dirty clothes in her laundry bag, once her room was spotless Yael had time to get dress. She order a very nice looking black Zoe dress, and wore it. It was elegant but within the price range of her new identity. She carefully set her her, and applied just the right amount of cosmetics to get that glamorous look that aimed to be natural like she was not even trying.

When Yael left her room she looked perfect, she picked up an apple and satisfied with that for breakfast. She greeted the rest with a wide smile and apologized on her behavior yesterday, justifying it to herself that she indeed becomes edgy, sensitive and emotional when sexually repressed. She nodded at Slobber and Mike as they were going to get the boat. Saying "Good morning" with a smile.  It was evident that Yael was a morning person.

She spotted bnc in her new dress and she said "Looking good, sexy!" . She took a seat in one of the sofas next to Flatline and asked him "Did you sleep well, Mr. Thyme? Or are we more informal in Africa?" Clearly she asked him how he wanted her to refer to him.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #371 on: <12-10-16/1357:25> »
"I slept well, Roberta thank you.  I think we should follow standard corporate protocols, like we just did, you should handle all interactions with Ruth and Mr. King and do introductions, and I will interact with you and any of the principles.  I think I can adequately pull off that much and leave the majority of the social grease to you."

Standing, Flatline said,  "That said, we should get a move on, we do have a breakfast meeting, and I think it would be a poor showing for Mr Justin Thyme to be late."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #372 on: <12-10-16/1740:01> »
Despite her prejudices against dresses, bnc actually chose the one she picked with Anna. It looks awfully wrong on her, if you knew bnc. People know her in band shirts, hoodies and sneakers, with tattoes and teenage hairstyles. Now she is wearing an elegant business dress, silver earrings and a push-up bra. Her hair is blonde with a hint of ginger, curling down her shoulders. She looks in the mirror with a hint of regret. Gone is the Anna's magic, and she wasn't sure whether it wasn't gone for good after how she treated her yesterday.

bnc is just as obvious no morning person at all. She looks worn-out and dizzy, but at least she's still too tired to get grumpy.

Quote from: Flatline
"I slept well, Roberta thank you.  I think we should follow standard corporate protocols, like we just did, you should handle all interactions with Ruth and Mr. King and do introductions, and I will interact with you and any of the principles.  I think I can adequately pull off that much and leave the majority of the social grease to you."

"Eh, what? Handle all interactions with Ruth? I wasn't supposed to interact with anybody. Believe me, chummers, it's better that way. All the magic of the world couldn't make a good convo partner outta me."

bnc grabs her handbag with all the technical equipment stuffed in. With a nod, she signals Flatline that she's ready to go.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #373 on: <12-11-16/0834:58> »
Mike nodded to Slobbertooth: "Great. Get your coat and a weapon. Johnny Threefingers sometimes needs a reminder to keep to the terms of our agreements. I hope you know how to deal with the Irish Mafia."
He started the GMC and waited for the other Ork to get in before driving away towards the Barrens.

The rest of the crew minus Kite got the Rover and reached the bridge to council Island within minutes. All in all it took half an hour for the border guards to finish their search of the car and checking their fake SINs. But the disguise held and the visa got their virtual stamps.
Once on the island it was as if they had entered a different world: For one thing there was a lot more green around. Trees and bushes had been planted all over the place. The buildings were a lot lower and in many cases newer than in surrounding Seattle. Also the iconography of the NAN territory made the matrix look severely differently.
Despite all this, the grid guide got them without delay to their destination: A small harbor for midsized, motorized boats. Their target were the six, almost identically looking sheds, jutting out into the water like the tines of a giant fork.
The cold made the water vanish under a wall of mist and deadened the usual smell a freshwater lake inside a large city had.

It was still an hour before the official start of the tour, but already two cars were parked on the premises: A Chinese made limousine and a fat Mercedes.
According to the GPS, Crow's domicile was only one kilometer away.
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #374 on: <12-11-16/1439:22> »
Slobbertooth grabbed his jacket and helmet, slid his Ruger into his holster and some ammunition into his pockets.

"I'm not one for flowery language and I don't have experience dealing with the Irish Mob, but I can encourage them to keep the deal," He slung the Yamaha Raiden's gunbag onto his shoulder.
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"