NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #270 on: <11-11-16/1359:31> »
Getting to Enzo's is no trouble, the food smells delicious and Whitman had in fact a standing reservation as Anna found out when she was guided to the table. Charles wasn't there yet, but arrived only 10 minutes after Anna, wearing a very handsome and very expensive tailored suit.

"Hello, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long. Have you ordered your drinks? If not let me recommend you the 2061 Avignonesi, straight from Tuscany. It's one of the main reasons I love this restaurant.

So Anna, I have to say you look marvelous..."

And thus begins the evening with a remarkable charming Charles Whitman. He is considerate, gentlemanly and surprisingly well educated in regard to art - almost a bit to much, but nothing a bit of fast talk couldn't fix...

[spoiler]
One Con+Cha test please  ;)

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #271 on: <11-11-16/1448:48> »
Anna is actually quite knowledgable about alcohol and is therefore able to appriciate what she drinks. She enjoys the conversation and the wine. Anna does her best to not appear as ignorant with regard to art and to look interested. She feels that her mind deduces bits and pieces about art, and beutifully assembles them into convincing opinions.
[spoiler]
knowledge alcohol: 8d6t5 2
con plus charisma: 13d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-11-16/1452:05> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #272 on: <11-11-16/1500:10> »
As it turned out, Whitman hadn't promised to much: The 15 year old wine was remarkable and Anna was quite aware that one bottle of this easily cost over 200 Nuyen.
The wine topic did help to steer the conversation away from to much talk about art and when the evening drew to a close, she had him firmly on the hook.

So it came as no surprise when he said: "How about we take this outing to a more private venue - I have a nice penthouse suite at my disposal where I'd like to show you some pieces of my art collection."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <11-11-16/1653:17> »
"It will be a pleasure, where do you live?" said Anna with a smile promising a night of passion.
Whitman will probably take his car to the meet tomorrow, so perhaps the car is easier than the wallet. So many ideas, so little time. She was looking for a chance to plant the drugs, but did not mind if the night would take her to his penthouse. If Anna is unable to rig the man's wallet she'll make sure to undress him in his bathhouse and then use the same bathhouse for some alone time, where she'll be able to plant the drug.

« Last Edit: <11-11-16/2234:53> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #274 on: <11-12-16/0744:44> »
"I'll show you. My car is parked outside." While they walked there, Anna became aware of a little snag in her plan: If she demolished his car Charles probably wouldn't use it to cross the border, for this to work she would have to hide the drugs in the man's wallet, or if that wasn't possible  his coat pockets or better his shoes, since that was the one piece of clothing he would most likely reuse the next morning.

Charles loved his car - that became clear when he began driving through the streets of Seattle at an amazingly fast pace, while traffic lights seemed to change in his favor. With a grin he said: "One of the perks working for crash cart, you get access to the emergency priority on Grid Guide."

He parked in the underground garage of the building and led Anna to the elevator that took them all the way to the top of the building into a lavishly decorated penthouse suit: The exterior walls were made up exclusively from glass panels, giving the whole suit an appearance of being a wide open space. All around she found expensive looking sculptures and paintings - quite a lot of them explicit and erotic, probably to get his female guests into the right frame of mind.

"Another drink?" he asked while gesturing to a well equipped bar.

talk think matrix

Qwikfix

« Reply #275 on: <11-12-16/1104:41> »
To be fair, Krestov had not imagined in his wildest dreams that his simple plan would go over so well.  So as he is sitting with Kite, speeding off, the text manages to make the stony troll rumble out a chuckle.  "Mission is good. Thank you for help, Kite.  I did promise dinner for help, da?"  While that was being worked over, he sent a courtesy text to his contact in the KE.

<<Thank you for letting me know.  It sounds very entertaining.  I will look for it on the trid>>

Some time later, his comm gave him a ping, telling him one of his nicknames was being used in the group chat.  Having been focused on his mission this whole time, he admitted to being a bit confused as to his role.  So, he replied in the chat honestly..

<<bnc, what is it you had in mind with me and Tschernenko?  My part is taken care of, so I can be available, but if time is a factor, may have issues.>>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #276 on: <11-12-16/1144:56> »
Anna figured out the flaws in her plan and decided to improvise, it was a bit risky but she hoped to get away with it, she used the drive to secretly stash some bliss in the car. Waiting for a moment where Charles is preoccupied to seed the car.

[spoiler]
Palming: 11d6t5 3

[/spoiler]

When they got to his apartment Anna took a drink and then walked around to admire the paintings, she seemed really intrigued by the erotic of them, and even took some ideas for things that she wanted to try. Then she stopped at some random painting, and angrily splashed her drink at that painting. As if it was not enough, she shattered her glass at the painting and cried madly "Die Die! Kasinsky! You ruined my life."

She looked at Charles that was probably caught by surprise and said in a combination of self awareness and embarrassment  "I am a failed artist and will never be as big as Kasinsky, this is why you have him on your wall and not me, A life wasted... "

« Last Edit: <11-12-16/1158:06> by gilga »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #277 on: <11-12-16/1252:43> »
To be fair, Krestov had not imagined in his wildest dreams that his simple plan would go over so well.  So as he is sitting with Kite, speeding off, the text manages to make the stony troll rumble out a chuckle.  "Mission is good. Thank you for help, Kite.  I did promise dinner for help, da?"  While that was being worked over, he sent a courtesy text to his contact in the KE.

<<Thank you for letting me know.  It sounds very entertaining.  I will look for it on the trid>>

Some time later, his comm gave him a ping, telling him one of his nicknames was being used in the group chat.  Having been focused on his mission this whole time, he admitted to being a bit confused as to his role.  So, he replied in the chat honestly..

<<bnc, what is it you had in mind with me and Tschernenko?  My part is taken care of, so I can be available, but if time is a factor, may have issues.>>
Slobbertooth woke up from his stupor. Oh thank god someone can help me with this. Slobber had been slightly panicking about how to accomplish this without resorting weapons discharge. Ha. Discharge

<<I'm still watching her. Maybe I you can arrive just in time to remove the presence of an Orc yelling in Japanese and claiming she stole her ideas from his artwork?"
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #278 on: <11-13-16/0526:18> »
[spoiler]Remember: The conversation with Krestov is around noon.[/spoiler]

"Krestov: I repeat. Our Anna, let's call her Yael for simplicity's sake, is going to meet up with Whitman at a bar called Enzo's tonight. There she wants to seduce and drug him.
The other Anna, let's refer to her as Tschernenko, will most likely have an alibi with the night. Slobbertooth is overwatching her with increasing passion.
My plan is to send an invite from Whitman to Tschernenko to come to Enzo's. That way, we know where she's going and we might have a calendar entry on her phone saying she's going to meet up with Whitman. What's more important: When Whitman claims that he's met up with some Anna Tschernenko, she will be able to confirm. I don't think that the investigating forces will find out in less than a day that there was a third party involved.
Some time on the way, you come into play. You kidnap Tschernenko and make her vanish. If you can erase her memory, better so. In the morning, we drop her some place and let her go.

This way, we deal with both of them simulataneously without drawing any attention to the possibility that there's actually someone else involved.
Sounds straight?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #279 on: <11-13-16/0808:09> »
Anna figured out the flaws in her plan and decided to improvise, it was a bit risky but she hoped to get away with it, she used the drive to secretly stash some bliss in the car. Waiting for a moment where Charles is preoccupied to seed the car.

When they got to his apartment Anna took a drink and then walked around to admire the paintings, she seemed really intrigued by the erotic of them, and even took some ideas for things that she wanted to try. Then she stopped at some random painting, and angrily splashed her drink at that painting. As if it was not enough, she shattered her glass at the painting and cried madly "Die Die! Kasinsky! You ruined my life."

She looked at Charles that was probably caught by surprise and said in a combination of self awareness and embarrassment  "I am a failed artist and will never be as big as Kasinsky, this is why you have him on your wall and not me, A life wasted... "

Hiding the drugs in the car was no problem. In the side compartment of the passenger door it would be easy to find during a search. And just to be sure she sprinkled a bit into the vents, so the drug sniffer was sure to get the scent.

Everything went great until the moment she vandalized the picture. Where Charles had been charm itself a moment before he now became enraged. With unexpected speed and force he went up to Anna, grabbed her hair and smacked her face, stunning her for a moment before wrenching her head back:

"YOU STUIPID WHORE. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THIS THING COSTS?"
Not waiting for her answer he swung to punch her again.

[spoiler]
Surprise attack: Subduing attack (Subdue: 10d6t5 5 [10d6t5=6, 5, 1, 6, 6, 1, 3, 1, 1, 5]
Anna Defense: Defense: 10d6t5 4
STR+Net successes are greater than Anna's Phys Limit:
She is subdued:

Whitman Ini: Ini: 8+1d6 12

(Whitman has 4 in all attributes, Unarmed 4 + Specialization (Grappling) - and no, this isn't the first time he hit a woman)

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #280 on: <11-13-16/1422:45> »
As Charles turned from prince charming into a psychopath, primal fear grabbed Anna and that fear made her feel excited, alive and sharp. Anna narrowly escaped the grapple and run as fast as she could. She quickly dashed behind the bar, breaking line of sight and using the invisibility spell. That should buy her some time, but how much ?

Anna needed a plan, she needed to get out of there.  She remembered that the elevator was activated by Charles, and required his approval to use. Anna looked around for some exit, anything even a balcony or a window seemed like fair game at the moment.  As Charles approached the bar, Anna quietly changed position to behind a David like statue - but unlike the original that one had a very large erection.

[spoiler]
Invisibility F4: 11d6t5 4
drain: 10d6t5 5
no drain.
Stealth roll: walking quietly. 
stealth: 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

At that moment Anna probably had a few seconds to spare, so she texted, bnc >> Get me out of here!!!  Hack elevator.
« Last Edit: <11-13-16/1425:35> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #281 on: <11-13-16/1536:06> »
[spoiler]
Resist Physical Illusion: 8d6t5 1
Perception (Sound): 8d6t5 0

Lucky girl...

[/spoiler]

Charles rounded the corner with murder in his eyes, only to stare confused at Anna - completely fooled by the illusion. He looked around, searching for Anna, stalking from hiding place to hiding place.

"I should have known you were to crazy to be let in here. Always trust your instincts.
Show yourself and take your punishment. There is no way you are getting out here. This is an executive penthouse with the best security money can buy.
Come out now, or you will learn just how angry I can get."
talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #282 on: <11-14-16/0055:12> »
Damn slitch, didn't I fucking tell you to invite me to your commlink to spare me time when I have to save your well-shaped asshole?

"Invite me to three marks instant. I don't know where you are."

Using the time until Anna can react, she immediately starts to attack Whitman's commlink, the only thing she knows for certain to be involved.

[spoiler]

Initiative roll: 4d6 19
I don't know her exact initative but I don't think it's necessary. She'll get three passes during the first combat round.

1st pass:
Free Action: text Anna
Complex Action: Hacking on the Fly
I'm not entirely sure that bnc is able to access his commlink as she cannot see the icon. On the other hand, she knows his commcode andn should be able to locate it via the code.
Using standard stealth configuration as used repeatedly, I roll for Hacking. I subtracted 2 dice for noise. Using a satellite link, that should do.
Hacking on the Fly: 17d6t5 7

I will post later as soon as I know whether you allow me to access Whitman's commlink. Also, please let me know how long it takes until Anna has time to send me the invites. It's a Simple Action. Since she's hiding, I assume that she will be able to do it instantly, unless one of you two tells me different.
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #283 on: <11-14-16/0106:26> »
Anna left the comlink in conversation mode, in order to keep bnc aware of the situation. Her inner bitch, hoped that bnc was recording it as it might give the team some leverage on Whitman.... but for that she needed to get the hell out of there and the place, the beautiful erotic place was also a fortress. Charles was physically superior and the only way Anna could defuse the situation was her spirit, but that would completely take the mission sideways.

Just moments ago, Anna flirted with the idea of sleeping with the man.  Curious to find out if he was as good in the sack as he was charming. That rapid transformation from charming to an horror movie villain, made Anna glad that she still had her panties on.  Sure, she provoked him but that was the reaction she expected from criminals and thugs not from rich doctors.

She was cornered, trapped like a mouse and the only thing she had going for her were being invisible. It was a stalemate for now as he could not see her, and years in the street have taught Anna to walk and breath very quietly. There is always someone bigger and stronger and in Anna's youth - 'bigger and stronger' described pretty much everyone. Her heart was pounding with excitement and terror as she thought. "come on Sprinklers... get me out of here... just open a window or the elevator... give me something...  "
Time seemed to move very slowly and every moment seemed like an eternity, Anna did her best to remain hidden.

"But it would feel so good to vandalize something else..."

For the time being, Anna resisted the urge to tilt over one of the expensive status. She felt that Charles was mad enough, and she did not want him to grab some firearm...  In addition, although Anna could feel the excitement growing, she is still too terrified to risk exposing her location. Heck, she is not even sure if Sprinklers can really hack the elevator... or open a window for that manner.

[spoiler]
 bnc - already has marks on Anna's link. (she requested and Anna complied)
 Anna's link is muted and active in a call - so bnc should hear what happens.
 Anna is unlikely to type - but she should see with her glasses whatever bnc types to her. So it is not that she is ignoring bnc but rather that without a DNI she is too scared to start texting with that psychopath playing hide and seek with her.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <11-14-16/0110:45> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #284 on: <11-14-16/0408:39> »
[spoiler]
One Matrix perception check from bnc to find Whitman's link and all the periphery
Matrix Perception: 13d6t5 5
The man has a Transsys Avalon active - it's not slaved to his companies host - it is currently making a call - the penthouse has lighting, alarm, sprinklers, door locks and elevators slaved to the building's host (R6 A6S7D8F9)
If you want to open them, you need a mark on Whitman's link and use spoof command to get the elevators to open (Whitman has legit Ownership of the doors, elevator and lighting despite them being slaved to an host)

Whitman Hacking Resist: 10d6t5 4

bnc has a MARK on his commlink and can see the message he just sent

[/spoiler]

bnc found Whitman and his penthouse on the first attempt. As expected, security was high: He used a top of the line commlink and the utilities of his living quarters were matrix active but slaved to the security host of the building.
Just as she had gained access to the man's commlink she became aware of an ongoing conversation he was having with a contact named Zodi Yak
<<Zodi, I have a little problem. There is a crazy lady hiding somewhere in my penthouse. She already ruined one of my priceless artworks. Do me a favor and trace her link so I can get an AR marker on her.>>
<<Hi Charles, you always have the funniest guests over. No problem. Just in case I'll also block her outgoing messages - you never know if those "crazies" won't try to accuse their host of rape or something.>>

talk think matrix