NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <10-11-16/0919:03> »
"Better get comfortable with it. Yeah, the boss calls me his service technician, but personally I've no problem with the title Janitor. I've been with him on all assignments since our little underwater adventure went sideways. Not much sense in keeping me out of the loop since I'm neck deep in it anyways.
But I won't hold it against you if you keep your secrets - good operational procedure to keep things on need to know basis."

Mike kept working while he talked, proving that he had extensive hands on experience with electronics and mechanics but no formal education since he exclusively used slang terms and tech speak. The system itself she learns is not very powerful beyond the ability to notice what's going on within and outside the base: No drone defenses beyond the brain and no automatic locks beyond the exterior doors.

Showing good survival instinct, he finds something to do somewhere else as the two young women meet again.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #91 on: <10-11-16/1033:06> »
Almost forgot, Kite mused as she pulled away from her meeting place with Haley, her BTL dealer. If I’m gonna be stuck in that safehouse for months I’m gonna need a resupply. Haley had been able to meet her in the wee hours of the morning, on short notice, with a baker’s dozen dreamchips. Kite bought them all.
She pocketed the contraband and went directly to the safehouse from there.

[spoiler]Kite is coming equipped with everything on her character sheet, minus her aircraft, plus 13 additional dreamchips. She’ll spend up to 2,000 nuyen on them, so let me know if she buys less than that, Jack.

Also, what does the safehouse have in terms of mechanics’ tools? She has an automotive kit with her, but does the garage count as any kind of facility?[/spoiler]

She backed the Trailblazer into the open garage door, taking a prominent space inside but leaving room for Mike’s van to get out if and when it needed to. Kits jumped out of the Jeep and landed heavily on her booted feet, punctuating her arrival.

When Kite arrives Anna welcomes her "Good morning" and asks "Do you need a hand with your things?"

“Good morning,” Kite replied, briefly regarding Anna with a smile, still wearing her green lipstick from the night before. In response to her offer to help, Kite popped the back door open to reveal some greasy, heavy-looking tools. “Looks like we can find a home for all this.” She unloaded Tonto first, handing the drone some equipment to go set down somewhere out of the way.

Once the Jeep was unloaded (whether or not Anna decided to help), almost as an afterthought, she took her duffel bag full of clothing and personal effects upstairs and picked out a room. Dropping the bag on the first available bed (probably the one across the hall from Slobbertooth), she went back downstairs to finish setting up the garage that by now was clear she’d claimed as her own.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #92 on: <10-11-16/1055:32> »
Anna sighed and said "Yes, I arrived last night. I had a terrible night out so I decided to spend what was left from the night here just to avoid the smug look of my flatmate after she got herself well slotted.  You look rested, did you sleep well?"  She looks with curiosity on Zelda and asks "Is she... safe?"
When Kite arrives Anna helps her to unload the jeep, but she is not very good at it as she is afraid to break anything.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <10-11-16/1103:13> »
[spoiler]
The garage counts as special work area for the Electronics and Engineering group as well as Armorer and has the necessary equipment to count as Shops too.

[/spoiler]

By now the floor was strewn with packaging material and cardboard. Workbenches with gleaming new tool walls had been created as well as a desktop forge and a CNC/3D-Printer combo. Three small drones with articulate arms drove around, controlled by a cheap RCC.
Mike explained to Kite when he saw the Proletarian: "Ah, nice to see the old model's are still around. You can add him to the little network there. Clever Smurf..." he pointed at the only red painted drone "has an upgraded pilot. I'm using the swarm program to share that capacity between the three as well as the roaches." At that he pointed at a small box with 9 Kanmushi drones.
"We've got all the good autosofts for them. Give them a task and they'll teamwork it almost by themselves. The roaches are really useful to work on machines without taking them apart. And don't tell your medical mage, but the roaches are also excellent surgeons, although it's really creepy when they work on you.

Have fun with your toys."
talk think matrix

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #94 on: <10-11-16/1314:01> »
"Is she... safe?"
Slobbertooth shrugged, "I think so. I've only had to use my Ruger and shoot her with stun ammunition once."

"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <10-11-16/1321:55> »
Anna scoffed a bit frustrated and asked "Once a week, or once in a life time?" for some reason everything Slobber says seems bad-ass to her.

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #96 on: <10-11-16/1333:19> »
"Only that one time two triad mages used her body channel a spirit. Some kind of a firey dog thing."

Slobbertooth turned to Zelda and spoke as if he was speaking to a toddler, while making a mess of her soft face. "I could never shoot this big sweet girl. No I couldn't. Nooo I couldn't!" Zelda barked loudly in appreciation. 
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <10-11-16/1345:46> »
Anna said "Poor thing, must have been terrified." and then attempted to approach Zelda as much as she dared considering how big she was, looking at the happy dog with curiosity. So you geeked the mages and took their dog?"

« Last Edit: <10-11-16/1347:38> by gilga »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #98 on: <10-11-16/1425:15> »
<@Slobbertooth <awesome whats my prize? you got candy4me?>

[spoiler]Assuming Slob found time to get the reek off himself.
I split up different interaction at different times to save some time.
[/spoiler]

Slob

Once bnc finds Slob in the hall, she grins widely and moves up to him. "Sempai! Bastanto grande to see you again. You're as ugly as you used to be" She hugged him fiercely - well, that is, as fiercely as she can. If he's not wearing more than a T-shirt, he might actually notice the hug.

Janitor

"That's fine by me. I find it a lord easier to trust someone I can effetivo lingotext with. Especially if he can set up an isolated 'trix sys."

Anna

"Yah, kind of, I guess. I wouldn't get too close. She's un poco shy. Me too, by the way, when I'm sober. Except you're a rigger..." "Good keyword!"

Kite

"Good morning, Kite!", bnc yells towards her, definitely in a better mood than the night before. "I can help you with your pockets. I'm not half as well equipped as you are but you mighta noticed that I'm wired, too. I promise I won't touch a frag without you allowing, but may I ask you to show me your toys? Um, not wanting to be a nuisance on the first day... Just ... Just un poquito wired up 'bout drones."
« Last Edit: <10-11-16/1428:14> by Volker »
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Qwikfix

« Reply #99 on: <10-11-16/1457:56> »
Well, this is going well...  throughout the dinner, Krestov mainly kept his mouth shut, the job of Intel better left to the experts.  This allowed him to mull over the objectives...and the team they had, now almost doubled in size.  When the dinner came to a close, the giant of a troll rose up, bowing his head in thanks to their job provider before departing with Slobbertooth to acquire their gear.

Attaching his own bike to the rover, the Russian took the rear guard to arrive at the safehouse, it seemed.  Pulling up, He Noted that their new rigger was already setting up shop.  Parking just outside for now, he grabbed his bag of gear and head in, nearly bumping into the aforementioned rigger.  "Ah, please pardoning.." he rumbled out, stepping against the wall before the doorway was clear.  Stooping his head, he entered and saw Slob, bnc, and Anna are say cinversin, huddled around Zelda who made a "boof" at his appearance.  Offering a smile, the quiet troll shouldered his gear, wandering to find a room was already picked for him.  "hm..."

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #100 on: <10-11-16/1503:56> »
<@Krestov <glad u're back, 6862. i took the liberty 2 book u in next 2 me in case u need a shoulder to lean on ;-) >
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #101 on: <10-11-16/1519:27> »
Anna took bnc's advice and kept a bit of distance from the dog,  she may follow her on the 'becoming a rigger' advice as well - though it would take a long time and getting into the girl's panties did not seem like a priority at the time. She helped Kite unload the jeep and was very careful not to break anything, there was so much technology at the place that she just watched it with awe.  Anna did not know much about technology - it was just there and just worked.  The only one missing was the super mage, that follows the Protector. Anna remembered that he had some personal things to discuss with Schmidt so she was not sure if he'll be there.  Having the entire magic department on the shoulders of a rookie like her seemed like a big responsibility, so Anna really hoped that he would come. 

She welcomed Krestov, when he came and allowed her eyes to feast on his body one more time. She tried to be appropriate, but as a person that has never actually seen a handsome troll before she stared a little bit despite herself.  She could think about worse fate than being locked with him in a safe house for a month and nothing to do... If he was single that is... He might as well be Bianca's significant other... Or worse, he could be gay.

« Last Edit: <10-11-16/1524:11> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <10-11-16/1548:14> »
At around 10.30 Schmitt appeared, driving a Rover of the same model and make as the one Slobbertooth had driven into the building.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm pleased to see most of you already have arrived. I hope Mike has given you the tour and you have chosen your rooms. If you'd be so kind to follow me." Schmitt walked over to the two basins and hit a switch on the wall to open the door towards the lake. Most of the morning mist had gone away and another bright, sunny day gave a clear view over the lake on council Island.
"This base is pretty exactly 1.25 kilometers away from our target. You can even see it if you look closely- it's the taller building that isn't native style but colonial. Since the Sidhe took over Council Island they have replaced most of the architecture with their own, only few such buildings remain.

As you probably know, Council Island is a fortress - all roads to the island have checkpoints with SIN-scanners and the guards a pretty strikt: Searches are thorough and at random. Luckily I have some submersible drones that can smuggle all necessary goods from here to their and back again.

To do this safely, we need to rent a boathouse on the island. That will be the first step of this operation: Two or more of you will drive over there with the visa I prepared and get the lease. This will also establish a reason for all of you to regularly cross the border. Your cover identities will establish you as managers of Meteor Enterprises, a small African company with good contacts to the Sidhe Council.

Any volunteers?"

talk think matrix

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <10-12-16/0123:59> »
"If no one else will, I'd go. I can go undetected more easily than others. Still, I'm not strictly speaking a people person, so I'm happy if someone else does the talking.

Also, I've got a related issue to address. As you might be aware of, I have a cyberdeck implanted into my skull. I do have methods to prevent it from being found but they are last resort. Maybe you have dealt with a similar kind of situation before. Do you know a solution?"
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <10-12-16/0223:42> »
Anna said "I am good with words and can pull off rich cooperate lady. I can leave my gun in here to minimize the risk of security. My only concern is my SIN that may not be sophisticated enough for international border crossing."