Author Topic: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK  (Read 7473 times)

Necrogigas

  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #360 on: (03:56:54/06-23-17) »
O'Connor shrugged, "Even before that elephant monster showed up, we were kicking the drek outta these guys. I think we can handle a few more of these jackasses if push comes to shove. We might want to rest up before that though. Sammy, you see any place between here and there that'd be usable?" He then motioned to the two prisoners, and looked to Jane, "If we can't squeeze them for info, and I doubt that they have value as hostages, what do we do with 'em?"
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3813
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #361 on: (06:40:21/06-23-17) »
"Not really," Sammy said, "it all looks the same, at least on the astral plane.  And it's not all that far to the coast anymore.  Judging distances is a bit tricky on the astral, but I think it's about 10 to 15 klicks to the coast.  Of course, the road can wind a bit making the distance we have to actually drive longer."

She turned to O'Connor.
"I would suggest we try diplomacy first," she said, "while shooting people might get us a boat, I don't think any of us can actually drive one, so it's in our best interest to have a boat with a crew to run it.  If half of what I've read about Lagos is true, you'll have more than enough opportunities for combat later.  Which doesn't mean I won't prepare a bit before we reach the coast."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2881
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #362 on: (10:01:28/06-24-17) »
Jane still seems to be trying to take it all in as to what happened while she was out.  She finally seems to reach a decision, "We should move down the road a bit, before any scavengers come lurking around, we will take the boys with us and rest up there, but we realy need to get moving to Lagos.  That sound good to everyone?"

With Ahmjay back behind the wheel of the ailing MaxxPro and the two boys packed in as well, you find a suitable clearing with a small stream up the road.  From the signs, you can guess that this is where your ambushers must have been based before their unfortunate encounter with your group.

There is nothing unusual to be found, just a good place to rest up and get yourselves ready to deal with the pirates.

Mercy Merchant

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6427
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #363 on: (09:49:58/06-26-17) »
At the stop, Snow makes a check of all the injured to change bandages and do whatever she can to help people in their recovery and is sure to repack the medkit from the supplies she has brought.  When done, she gets what rest she can between her turns on watch.  She is fairly quiet, but she does thank each of the others for their efforts after the crash and during the brief fight.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Thvor

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 990
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #364 on: (10:18:30/06-26-17) »
Sam was still feeling a bit woozy, so he was glad of the chance to rest. When they found the clearing, he took a look around, then went to the stream, splashed water on his face and took a drink, then looked for a shady place to lie down for a while.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 3813
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #365 on: (16:21:06/06-26-17) »
Sammy was glad they could rest up a bit, although she didn't really like this location. 
"I'm going to rest up a bit," she said to the rest, "so I can summon a spirit to hide us during the night.  You know, we've done it before, but since I'm on my own, we will have to stay in the truck and then I'll conceal the truck.  It has to be that way since I can't summon up a spirit that can conceal all of us."

She tried to rest up as much as possible even before nightfall in order to get rid of her headache, before she tries the summoning.  As soon as it was dark, she summoned a spirit.  At first she didn't get any response, but her second try got a spirit of air.
"Okay, everybody in the truck and then I can conceal it," she said, "because if you stay out, you will probably not see it anymore."

As soon as everybody was inside the truck, she asked the spirit to conceal it until morning and as a second service to materialise and warn if people or large critters noticed the truck.

[spoiler]
I assume that I have at least 2 heal rolls for stun damage before night falls.
stun healing rolls: 2#8d6t5 4 4
That would give me no more stun damage

summon force 5 spirit of air with additional Fear power
magic 5 + summoning 3 =8: 8d6t5 2

spirit resistance roll: 5d6t5 2
no services, 4 drain.
Forgot I had wound penalties, but it doesn't matter here.

willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 3
1S

try it again, but at force 4
magic 5 + summoning 3 -1CM =7: 7d6t5 2

spirit counter roll.
spirit counter roll: 4d6t5 0
2 services, 2 drain (minimum value)

willpower 4 + logic 4 + centering 1 =9: 9d6t5 3
no drain.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1477
Re: [IC] New Beginnings DUSK
« Reply #366 on: (23:11:53/06-26-17) »
O'Connor tried to relax in the clearing, but was rather wound up. He couldn't tell if he was being paranoid or not, but if felt like there were dozens of eyes on their little encampment. There always seemed to be a small shift of movement in his peripheral, and every little gust of wind sounded like the breath of some wild beast. O'Connor was a veteran survivor of the Barrens, a literal concrete jungle, but out here in nature he was far out of his depth. More than just wild, impossible looking creatures, O'Connor was waiting for reinforcements from the pirate cove to attack at any moment.
« Last Edit: (00:33:00/06-27-17) by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters