NEWS

Tangled Currents - Grunt

• 298 Replies

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #15 on: <03-28-16/1507:08> »
"Thanks." He says while he takes the card. "Right, I watch him too, when he is around."

"You have a guy for everything, Ilike it. I'm looking forward to meeting him too."

As he receives the notification, he sets his commlink to wake him up in time.

"Yeah, I'm going to sleep too. Although I have one more question: Who is Garrett?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <03-28-16/2223:15> »
Cinnamon laughs.  Garrett is the tailor we have been using up here.  We can go see him to get you the clothes you will need when we go out."  She smiles at you and turns to go to her room, once again giving you a nice look at her ass before she disappears through the door.  She turns just before shutting the door behind her.  "It ought to take about thirty minutes to get there so wake up about 1400.  See you out here about then."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <03-29-16/0043:21> »
"Yeah, right. I should have guessed that." He laughs too. As she leaves the room, he admires the view before him, *Don't be so immature, you jackass*  and turns to the bedroom,when she left. "Thanks, will do." he says when Cinn turns back and adjusts the alarm on his commlink, so he can do a small wake-up workout and take a shower before they meet. "See you here!"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-29-16/0055:48> »
Your room is fairly standard, with a nice queen-size bed, a bureau, desk and chair, and two more chairs arranged a small table.  A couch that probably converts to a bed is against one wall with a coffee table in front of it.  A trid screen is on the wall opposite the couch and a nightstand sits next to the bed.  You plump the bed and it seems as if it is comfortable enough.  You are not too tired, but have learned from experience that it might be a good idea to at least try.

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <03-29-16/0556:26> »
*This room is a nice change after my apartmant in Redmond, even if it only lasts for a few month.*

He makes the room as dark as possible, then takes off his clothes (aside from his underpants) and lays his gun under the pillow. When the prepararations are ready, he lays in the bed and tries to sleep or at least rest a few hours.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-29-16/0804:45> »
Your alarm wakes you on time and you can dress and go out to the living room, where you find Cinnamon sitting on the couch, still reading the same magazine.  She looks up at you and smiles that radiant smile.  "Hey.  Right on time.  Just got out here myself.  Are you ready to go?"

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <03-29-16/1000:32> »
"I will never let you finish that magazine, it seems!" He says jokingly and smiles back. "Yes, I'm ready. Let's go."

*I could get used to that smile. Whether she really means it or just fakes it,  it's a welcome addition to this job.*

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-29-16/1014:06> »
Cinn nods and rises, leading you out of the room and down to the hotel garage.  She walks to the row of parked motorcycles and pushes a button a fob she pulls from a pocket.  A sleek Mirage purrs on, waiting for the two of you to climb on and take control.  She looks at you as she wheels the bike out of the parking slot and mounts it.  "I hope you are not nervous about me driving?"

She waits for you to climb on and wrap your arms around her before heading off out of the garage onto the street.  She is a careful driver, but does exhibit a tendency to want to cut it loose on occasion.  Her estimate of the time to get to the store is pretty close and she parks in front of a large building.  The tenant list include "Garrett's" and she walks in with you, heading for the bank of elevators.  You are met by a nicely dressed young woman who asks how she can help you.  Cinnamon motions to you and says, "We have an appointment to get Mister Simmons fitted for some suits and daywear."

The woman looks you over and smiles.  "Leave him to me.  Come this way, please, Mister Simmons."

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <03-29-16/1132:30> »
"Nice ride, it suits you. I have no problem with you driving, I trust you can handle my extra weight."

*Of course she can handle it. She knows what she and her ride capable of. I like that. * He adds to himself as they drive to the store.

* Now this is the kind of place I don"t usually visit. *
"Nice to meet you" - he greets the woman and follow her.

*Please, don't make me look like a clown!*
« Last Edit: <03-29-16/1136:58> by PRabel »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-30-16/0041:13> »
The woman walks you through several racks of suits and casual wear items and motions to them.  "Anything on these racks interest you?  Please consider the colors only, as none of those are for you."  She lets you tarry if you find something you like then leads you through a locked door and into a totally different world.  "Now, this is where we will take care of you, Mister Simmons.  Please remove your shoes and stand here so that I can get some measurements.  I would like you to consider what you want the suits to be able to do.  I can work just about anything into a suit, limited only by the ability of the suit to take the adaptation."

She walks around you with a device, taking measurements and noting them down on a pad.  When she is finished, she looks at you and waits.

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <03-30-16/0251:14> »
He doesn't tarry for long, only looks at a few gray and black suits, nothing fancy.

*Custim fitted armor with some extra goodies and style. This must be my lucky day.*
He takes off his shoes and while the women takes measurmants he says:

"Well, aside from the ability to stop bullets and such, I like having my gun at my side. Hidden, but easily accessible. However, I don't like catching on fire. Those electrical weapons are pretty annoying as well, it would be nice, if I don't have to worry about them so much. On the other hand, they are good to have around, so if you could add some kind of shock- glove or something, that would be great. Oh, and and auto-injector for antidotes could also come in handy.

I know it's a long list, but I hope it is possible to squeeze everything into the suit."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-30-16/0845:08> »
The woman nods seriously.  "We will do our best for you, Mister Simmons.  It will be difficult to get all of that into one suit.  Do you have a preference for which of fire or electrical has a higher priority or are they of equal measure?   will send you a suit to your hotel this afternoon, but it will not have all of the bells and whistle as that takes a bit of time to work in.  The others will be more in line with what you have requested.  Do you have any questions of me at this time?

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <03-30-16/1003:24> »
"I prefer electrical resistance. If it makes the job easier, you can leave the fire resistance out from the suit entirely.
 That would be all, thank you very much."

He takes his shoes and leaves to meet with Cinn.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-30-16/1014:51> »
Cinnamon is waiting out in the lobby, sitting on one of the chairs and reading that fragging magazine.  She closes it and stands as you come into the room.  "Everything taken care of?  If so, would you like to grab a quick bite to eat?  There is a small diner a couple of building down.  Don't even need to move the bike.  If not, do you have easily portable stuff at your doss that we can go pick up?"

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <03-30-16/1152:42> »
*What is so interesting in that magazine? I'm surprised they even care to print them. Everything is on the matrix. Maybe she just can't stand the AR. I heard that some people are sensitive to it. Makes them dizzy or something.*

"Yeah, they deliver them to the hotel, when they are ready. But I think I've given them a bit of a headache with the suit.
Good idea. I haven't eaten anything since breakfast. Maybe after that, we can pick up some of my stuff. But only those, that we can conceal. Some of them are not exactly permitted to carry around or own.

Oh, and I hope you don't mind going to Redmond. I live in one of the nicer parts, but it's still pretty close to the Barrens."