NEWS

Missions contact list uses

• 5 Replies

pathogen

• Newb
« on: <02-23-16/2121:51> »
I wanted a confirmation regarding the contact list.

Is that list designed for players to pick from when choosing their contacts?

I plan to start my gaming group over and play the missions campaign from the start.

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <02-24-16/0904:59> »
It is a fairly comprehensive list of what contacts you can earn in missions play.

But yes, you are allowed to start with them if you choose, if you do, you have to purchase them at their established connection rating, any leftover contact points may be spent on loyalty to a max of 4 in most cases, there is an older contacts PDF that had different loyalty max for some of the contacts but I don't remember where to find it, and as memory serves, you couldn't hit the max at start after buying the required connection rating anyways.

You may also start with your own contacts, as detailed as you'd like, but anything they do in their fields of expertise will still base their die pool on Connection x 2 + loyalty.
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <02-24-16/1610:57> »
Ohh... I didn't realize these could be taken as contacts at chargen.

In the circumstance that a character already has one of these contacts and party actions would make said contact available, would this instead cause an increase in loyalty?
« Last Edit: <02-24-16/1613:45> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <02-24-16/1626:55> »
Well, the Contact List was actually just meant to make it easier for GMs and players to see the uses, where they first appeared, and their Connection Rating.  A single list made the most sense to me as they are spread out fairly broadly throughout the SRMs/CMPs/PMs, etc.

I hadn't considered allowing all of them to be taken at character creation simply because many of them are not Chicago based.  I don't have a problem  if y'all choose one of them during character creation as long as your background story explains it.  For example, if your character grew up in Chicago and never left, how would you have a contact based in the CFS who has never been to Chicago?

To answer the previous question:  yes, if you already have one of the contacts and the GM says you receive that one as a Contact, then the Loyalty increases by one up to the max of 4.  There's a little blurb in the Missions which says "receive as contact/increase loyalty if already a contact".
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <02-24-16/1633:43> »
Still, sounds good. A nice way of adding a bit of flavor to characters and their contacts, there's not many ways of doing that in Missions play.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #5 on: <02-26-16/1948:52> »
...we are allowed to take contacts from the list at Chargen, but of they are based in Chicago.  Also the maximum you can spend in contact points on any one contact is 7 (not 8), so if the contact has a connection rating of 5 the loyalty rating can only go as high as 2 (though can later be increased if you complete a mission for that particular contact).

Those who need a good source for weapons, ammo, armour, and vehicles should consider Goober.

Those who are awakened might consider Lothan the Wise (who also oversees the only magical group spellcasters and adepts may join).

Dr Martin Tate is the only contact through which you can acquire Beta grade bio and cyber, as well as pharmaceutical grade drugs.
Forsaken daughter is watching you