NEWS

How do you get High Availability Gear?

• 87 Replies

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #75 on: <02-17-16/1759:00> »
Woof.

Those changes are welcome, but underwhelming. You need to get what I consider to be a sky-high Street Cred rating for it to make a real difference. The example uses 55 street cred. I've never seen anyone in a Missions game that broke 10.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #76 on: <02-17-16/1910:05> »
Dont forget 1 Street Cred per 10 Karma gained... by the time a character earns a Prime Runner promotion that's -15 to availability.

Edit: Wait no... thats 15 Street Cred... so -1.5 rouded up to -2 on the availability.
« Last Edit: <02-17-16/1913:26> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #77 on: <02-17-16/1943:06> »
Woof.

Those changes are welcome, but underwhelming. You need to get what I consider to be a sky-high Street Cred rating for it to make a real difference. The example uses 55 street cred. I've never seen anyone in a Missions game that broke 10.

The example given is my primary personal Missions Legal character who has not played every single SRM/CMP/PM.  I'm still missing a lot of them.  391 TKE which translates to 39 Street Cred.  The remaining 16 come from Street Cred received from playing Missions.  I've also bought off every single point of Notoriety I've ever earned, so my Street Cred would be even higher if not for that.

I've been at tables with characters who have had more TKE and Street Cred than me because they have played every single one and have taken advantage of Working for the People.

The objective was not to make it easy to get higher availability gear, just easier.
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

falar

• Omae
  • The Fourth Jesse
« Reply #78 on: <02-17-16/2038:35> »
As someone who gets to play Missions games once or twice a year, this basically means that any meaningful augmentation upgrades are going to require spending 100-300% more to get the dice pool required to find them. And, playing a half-dozen sessions a year means I'm best off just not planning on advancing unless I go for a magic archetype.

If that's the design idea, that's fine. It was just not my impression.

schenn

• Chummer
  • Divillian Lesterat
« Reply #79 on: <02-18-16/2303:34> »
With Missions, as long as you complete the mission correctly you should earn at least 1 street cred for every mission.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <02-19-16/1322:48> »
Woof.

I have a 79 street cred.

Drudenhaus

• Newb
« Reply #81 on: <03-21-16/1256:36> »
As someone who gets to play Missions games once or twice a year, this basically means that any meaningful augmentation upgrades are going to require spending 100-300% more to get the dice pool required to find them. And, playing a half-dozen sessions a year means I'm best off just not planning on advancing unless I go for a magic archetype.

If that's the design idea, that's fine. It was just not my impression.

You can (and should) have a face-type help you acquire gear.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #82 on: <03-21-16/1321:42> »
There's a Connection 6 out there.  Between him and a decent Street Cred, Availability ~18-20 gear becomes trivial. 
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Haranek

• Newb
« Reply #83 on: <03-26-16/1638:17> »
Ok, let's see if I have this straight. I want a piece of gear with a 20f availability. My street cred drops that to 18.  Page 418 in the core book says it's an opposing roll. So I have our face with high chr & negotiation try to find it for me. Have whoever the gm is roll the 18 dice as opposing & the face rolls his dice. I can then spend 1/4 of the price of the item I want to buy hits up to 400% of the value of the item. Not to mention the time it takes to look? 

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #84 on: <03-26-16/1858:48> »
I believe Buying Hits is the preferred method for acquiring gear?

Although it does beg the question when buying hits do you need to match, or exceed the number of dice of the object.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <03-28-16/0827:08> »
Ties double the delivery time (p. 418, SR5).
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #86 on: <03-28-16/1914:58> »
That... That actually makes getting a lot of typical gear a lot easier. I'll be sure to pass that little tidbit along.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #87 on: <03-30-16/0821:23> »
Ok, let's see if I have this straight. I want a piece of gear with a 20f availability. My street cred drops that to 18.  Page 418 in the core book says it's an opposing roll. So I have our face with high chr & negotiation try to find it for me. Have whoever the gm is roll the 18 dice as opposing & the face rolls his dice. I can then spend 1/4 of the price of the item I want to buy hits up to 400% of the value of the item. Not to mention the time it takes to look?

I believe Buying Hits is the preferred method for acquiring gear?

mostly correct.

first as ScytheKnight responded in MIssions play buying hits is the designated method, but also when spending 25% of the items cost that provides a bonus dice to add to the test not hits
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team