NEWS

What happened to official Errata?

• 59 Replies

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« on: <07-01-15/1833:00> »
Gotta say, I'm getting tired of hearing "Ohh that'll be fixed in official errata" when there hasn't been one released since Street Grimoire!

Run Faster has major issues that have promised to be looked at in Errata... no ETA.

Data Trails, again major issues promised to be looked at in Errata, as well as a "Matrix FAQ" to deal with long standing issues... no ETA.

And now again, Chrome Flesh has issues, and again we're promised errata...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-01-15/1855:00> »
Not to mention there are a number of fixes and clarifications for the core book that have yet to be addressed.  A lot of stuff is addressed in the Missions FAQ but that really should not be considered official errata for the books.  I really wish they would adopt a system similar to how they handle Battletech errata over here. 

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #2 on: <07-01-15/2008:48> »
Seems like they are more interested in just churning out material than fixing past mistakes and upping quality. It's all talk about cons, getting ready for cons, what happens at cons ...
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-01-15/2043:58> »
The Matrix FAQ has been kicked up to the next level for final approval and judgment.  I don't know what the ETA is, but it's still alive.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-02-15/0647:17> »
Would love to see errata or clarification on the two limits for First Aid (limited on hits by Mental Limit + MedKit rating, limited on boxes healed by First Aid skill, or to Medkit rating if untrained?).

Seems a bit odd that you need to have First Aid 4-6 (depending on Logic) before it's better than using a MedKit 6 with no skill.

Personally I think the second limit just isn't needed.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-02-15/2339:43> »
Gotta say, I'm getting tired of hearing "Ohh that'll be fixed in official errata" when there hasn't been one released since Street Grimoire!

Run Faster has major issues that have promised to be looked at in Errata... no ETA.

Data Trails, again major issues promised to be looked at in Errata, as well as a "Matrix FAQ" to deal with long standing issues... no ETA.

And now again, Chrome Flesh has issues, and again we're promised errata...

It was taken out back and shot as well as anyone who was so foolish as to suggest Errata be released!

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <07-03-15/0612:41> »
The main issue with errata is the chokepoint problem;  lots of people report stuff, a handful of people compile it, someone sends it in...and then we've got just one person who okays it.  And things are just in limbo until that one person (who also wears a lot of other hats) can get around to reading over things, listening to the backstage arguments/questions/conversations/debates/suggestions, and putting out something official.

It's not an excuse, mind you, I'm just offering an explanation.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-03-15/0639:05> »
Yeah but it gets REALLY frustrating looking at long standing issues and questions that keep coming back time and time again because of lack of errata and there's absolutely zero communication about when or if the next round of errata is coming out.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Darzil

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-03-15/0814:26> »
The main issue with errata is the chokepoint problem;  lots of people report stuff, a handful of people compile it, someone sends it in...and then we've got just one person who okays it.  And things are just in limbo until that one person (who also wears a lot of other hats) can get around to reading over things, listening to the backstage arguments/questions/conversations/debates/suggestions, and putting out something official.

What beers does that person drink, and where can we send them to get them in the mood!

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <07-03-15/1026:22> »
Hi to all,
The Matrix FAQ has been kicked up to the next level for final approval and judgment.  I don't know what the ETA is, but it's still alive.

Could you say something to FAQ or Errata for Run Faster, maybe with some refference to the thread "run faster errata" http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=19013.0

Best regards Max
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-03-15/1041:14> »
Hi to all,

Could you say something to FAQ or Errata for Run Faster, maybe with some refference to the thread "run faster errata" http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=19013.0

Best regards Max

I'd love to, but I can't simply because I don't know.  Pre-Data Trails, I was formulating a Matrix FAQ in my head simply because I knew one was needed.  Then I got assigned to the project itself and it all came together, although the FAQ got pushed back to after DT's release for obvious reasons.  I'm still pushing for/refining the Matrix FAQ because I feel invested in the Matrix side of things from my time with DT, but it's very much a pet project.  I don't know what's happening in this regard from the RF side of things.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-03-15/1615:18> »

That's why I keep suggesting the Battletech solution.  CGL already has a workable solution for generating errata that the Battletech team has been using for nearly a decade.  By my count they have generated over 400 pages of fixes, clarifications and changes for the core rule books in that time frame.

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <07-03-15/1654:06> »

That's why I keep suggesting the Battletech solution.  CGL already has a workable solution for generating errata that the Battletech team has been using for nearly a decade.  By my count they have generated over 400 pages of fixes, clarifications and changes for the core rule books in that time frame.

This ^^^^ except keep whoever did "A Time for War" far far far away! But the TT books are so amazingly handled by CGL, I don't understand the issues CGL is having with Battletech. Is it because Bills just loves Battletech & so it's important to him?

adzling

« Reply #13 on: <07-08-15/1923:21> »
I don't understand the issues CGL is having with Shadowrun. Is it because Bills just loves Battletech & so it's important to him?

there, fixed it for you.
And yes that would be my guess as well.
He put a second stringer on as the line editor for Shadowrun and it shows, but Bill doesn't care because he doesn't play the game. It's just $$ to him.
If there is a different explanation I would love to hear it!

Ech0

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <07-25-15/0856:27> »
Mea culpas have been spoken, new Errata have been promised time and again -  by now, I've given up on the whole Errata thing... We'll still play Shadowrun using 5th as a basis, though.
I'll acknowlege new stuff as it gets released for SR5 and discussed on the forums, but I won't buy new PDFs any longer. There is simply no point getting annoyed about cobbled-together rules anymore.
I'll take the German hard copy releases as inspiration, though. By the way, did you guys get the rules of high-velocity weapons in the meantime?

Otherwise, we'll play with what my group and I can piece together and make work at our tables. We'll answer the remaining questions ourselfs; there's simply no point in waiting for official clarifications that will not - can not - come. Be it spells with "Touch" vectors, the internal router, all the matrix questions and each and every other inconsistency. That seems to be the official SR5 RAI design philosophy, anyways.

This post is not - well, was not - intended as a rant, just as official closure, if you will.  :-\
« Last Edit: <09-13-15/0622:09> by Ech0 »