NEWS

Shadowrun 2050

• 7 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <05-03-15/1033:47> »
Looks like Pegasus Press has just released an number of new PDFs, including Shadowrun 2050, which is listed as being compatible for SR5. Haven't decided to take the plunge myself, but mig be interesting for those looking. To backdate their campaigns and see how the tech has been modeled for 5th Edition

Not of This World

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-04-15/2344:38> »
I got it as a backer freebie and I was... underwhelmed.

Then again I'm an old grognard who never got into 4th edition. I should have skipped this except my 1st-3rd collection is rather complete.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #2 on: <05-05-15/0606:03> »
I got it as a backer freebie and I was... underwhelmed.

Then again I'm an old grognard who never got into 4th edition. I should have skipped this except my 1st-3rd collection is rather complete.

This isn't being described as a German version of the 4th Ed book, but rather as a 5th edition book that just happens to share the same cover.  I'm seriously contemplating this, just have to brush up my rather rusty German!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <05-05-15/2150:08> »
I really want the book but I haven't used my German for over 20 years ... Have to wait for the English version I guess :,(
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-06-15/0317:53> »
as far as I remember :
there is already a SR2050 US Book/PDF for both 4a and 5th edition
only the German/Pegasus Book is for 5th ed only

with a memorized Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #5 on: <05-06-15/0647:08> »
as far as I remember :
there is already a SR2050 US Book/PDF for both 4a and 5th edition
only the German/Pegasus Book is for 5th ed only

with a memorized Dance
Medicineman

The 2050 book in English is statted for SR4A only unfortunately, which is why I'm so interested in a 5th Edition version.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #6 on: <05-11-15/1502:59> »
Agreed.  I would very much like a 2050 for SR5.

That said, I don't expect to ever see it, given that it's kind of a niche product and the SR5 core books are schedule slipping on their own.  :-\

Pixie

« Reply #7 on: <05-11-15/1648:43> »
That said, I don't expect to ever see it, given that it's kind of a niche product and the SR5 core books are schedule slipping on their own.  :-\

I wasn't aware that the SR5 books are schedule slipping.  In fact, I don't think any of us have a copy of the internal plans for scheduled releases at all.  If you're going off Amazon, they're notoriously and quite often very very VERY wrong about their release dates.  Otherwise, if you have a copy of the schedule, I think many of us would love to see it.