NEWS

Killing a cyberzombie [5th Ed.]

• 45 Replies

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #30 on: <12-30-14/1925:45> »
So, ultra-ware Rambo. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #31 on: <12-31-14/2147:04> »
Yup, exactly.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Adamo1618

« Reply #32 on: <01-05-15/1359:13> »
I came to the conclusion to end the campaign prematurely. It wasn't an easy decision and was the result of my short temper, as well as conflicts within the group and a generally disrespectful behaviour towards me as the GM. I may post a topic explaining this later on and ask the forum how to avoid it or something similar. (Stay tuned and find out!)

Anyway, the cyberzombie was supposed to be "processed" from a former friend of the players, one they had witnessed go down like a hero as he saved them. He'd have been tortured and brainwashed almost beyond recognition, but once the players discovered his original identity killing him would also feel horrible, despite him being their nemesis.

<Mass Effect 3 spoilers>
Imagine Jack if not saved from Grissom Academy, converted and turned into a Phantom. That's the tone I wanted to create.
<End of spoilers>

Anywho, feel free to use the concept in a campaign and please inform me about how it worked. Also, does anyone know how to format text for Spoiler alert, so that you have to click in order to see it?

$/@mm-0!

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <01-06-15/0332:02> »
 ;D

I like your thinking on this, I was pondering doing something similar. I have one group who just finished up the Mercurial adventure they saved Maria but let Hernandez die. Maria tried to talk the group into going save him but they ended up stun batoning her unconscious, I was toying with the idea of Aztechnolgy and Perianwyr making a cyber zombie out of Hernendez to send after them but im not sure if thats a little much I might just make him into a meat puppet controlled by a rigger  8)
$/@mmZ3r0

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <01-06-15/0602:06> »
Sounds a bit OOC for Peri, but otherwise - it sounds like a nice gutpunch. 8)

Vibral

• Newb
  • Deaf Mute
« Reply #35 on: <01-16-15/1327:57> »
;D

I like your thinking on this, I was pondering doing something similar. I have one group who just finished up the Mercurial adventure they saved Maria but let Hernandez die. Maria tried to talk the group into going save him but they ended up stun batoning her unconscious, I was toying with the idea of Aztechnolgy and Perianwyr making a cyber zombie out of Hernendez to send after them but im not sure if thats a little much I might just make him into a meat puppet controlled by a rigger  8)

Actually I for one welcome the thought of Hernandez being brought back as a Cyber Zombie since we did also level the building. Think that would be an awesome consequence to our actions in that building... It was basically just salsa chunks left in there.

$/@mm-0!

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <01-16-15/2007:01> »
 ;D We shall see I have a few idea's floating around I just forgot you were on here =p
$/@mmZ3r0

Vibral

• Newb
  • Deaf Mute
« Reply #37 on: <01-18-15/1846:12> »
;D We shall see I have a few idea's floating around I just forgot you were on here =p

No worries I won't meta anything. Just doing research for what I'm currently writing as well.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <02-23-15/1753:51> »
FAB III eats magic. The team has to break into a facility to get some and throw a grenade of it at the zombie. FAB III eats magic and a spell is the only thing keeping the cyberzombie alive.
"Fish gotta swim You know what I'm sayin." Omar

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #39 on: <02-24-15/0235:02> »
FAB III eats magic. The team has to break into a facility to get some and throw a grenade of it at the zombie. FAB III eats magic and a spell is the only thing keeping the cyberzombie alive.

If the FAB can survive that long in the Mana Ebb that surrounds cyber-zombies. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <02-24-15/0419:21> »
Tip said Cyberzombie into a vat of the stuff on the other hand...
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #41 on: <02-24-15/0939:48> »
Equals one dead zombie.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <02-24-15/1153:18> »
I am so cherrypicking the best ideas from this thread   ;D

Lighthouse

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <02-24-15/1157:25> »
Since I am stealing that recommendations on how to build a cyberzombie? Is it magic that is keeping them alive? Can this be disenchanted like a focus?

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <02-24-15/1214:58> »
Lighthouse
Check Augmentation from 4th Edition.