NEWS

Run and Gun Errata

• 127 Replies

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-10-14/1838:54> »
Ruthenium Polymer coating as described in Run and Gun has a completely different effect than the description of the Chameleon Suit (SR5 pg 437) which is also supposed to be coated in Ruthenium Polymer.  This may be intentional but warrants clarification at the very least.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #16 on: <04-10-14/1940:43> »
The Terracotta Arms AM-47 has several issues, unfortunately. It says it's "provided with [...] underbarrel weight, [...] safe target system with an extended barrel for increased range." Its statblock, however, does not include these three.

- Extended Barrel is never specified, so likely was cut out of the rules. Unsure whether it was taken into account in its price though.
- Underbarrel weight no longer has any benefit for a non-FA weapon, so it's understandable it was cut. This means the 1(3) RC likely includes 1 inherent RC.
- Safe Target System not being listed is kinda a big deal, especially since it's not clear what version it comes with if any.
« Last Edit: <04-10-14/1942:26> by Michael Chandra »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-10-14/2123:20> »
PI-Tac Level I on pg 105 has an availability of 18F yet the description describes it as available to civilians. 

PI-Tac Level II and Level III Combat Mode on pg 105.  In both cases it lists Armed Combat as one of the skills a player can choose to boost but no such skill exists.  It should be replaced with the Blades and Clubs skills. 

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <04-10-14/2208:50> »
Ruthenium Polymer coating as described in Run and Gun has a completely different effect than the description of the Chameleon Suit (SR5 pg 437) which is also supposed to be coated in Ruthenium Polymer.  This may be intentional but warrants clarification at the very least.
By the same token, Ruthenium Polymer Coating is listed simply putting a penalty to perception tests.

The Second Skin bodysuit has a Ruthenium Polymer coating 4 as a feature…
and a wireless bonus that says "As Ruthenium Polymer Coating"

Ruthenium Polymer Coating has no listed Wireless bonus. (page 86)

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <04-10-14/2223:39> »
Page 48: Ares Lancer MP Laser table calls it the "Archon" in the flavor text while describing power consumption and range.

Page 33: Again the gun table Savalette Guardian is listed as having a "Smartlink" in its standard upgrades, vs the Onotari Arms Violator's "internal smartgun."  The flavor texts also refer to "an integrated smartgun link" in the Savalette text and simply "a smartlink" in the Onotari's flavor text.   SR5 specifies "smartgun system" in weapon accessories and "Smartlink" in vision enhancements.

Smartgun/Smartlink confusion: HK Urban Combat (p36), Ares HVAR(p37), HK xm30(p37), Nissan Optimum II (p38), Mossberg (p41)refer to it as "smartlink"

AM-47 (p38), Barret (p40), Spas-24(p41), Nemesis (p43) all refer to it as a "smartgun"

Form Fitting Body Armor (p65) mentions a basic piece "shirt" vs a full suit but only stats for a full suit are included (may be intentional!)
« Last Edit: <04-10-14/2229:10> by ProfGast »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-10-14/2244:39> »
It remains unclear what, if anything, Second Skin stacks with.

Arnis de mano (p. 129) does not appear on the list of skills on page 135.  I assume it would be a specialization of blades and clubs.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #21 on: <04-10-14/2353:09> »
Not sure if I'm missing something but the pair grenade lists it as -2/m on the blast but does no damage to reduce and has no blast radius mentioned.

Red
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #22 on: <04-11-14/0631:00> »
Not sure if I'm missing something but the pair grenade lists it as -2/m on the blast but does no damage to reduce and has no blast radius mentioned.

Red
Its description notes it has the same range as a High-Explosive Grenade, though.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Cronstintein

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <04-11-14/0806:35> »
No clear mechanics are given for either gel packs or skin link.

I'm also curious as to why you would put things like auto picker in your armor.  Is this turning pockets into a mechanic? Do you get a concealability bonus?

ImaginalDisc

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <04-11-14/0832:34> »
I. . .don't want to buy this book.

It's taken a long time to write and release, and it's got so many errors. How can I use a book for reference that is so error prone?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-11-14/0846:59> »
I. . .don't want to buy this book.

It's taken a long time to write and release, and it's got so many errors. How can I use a book for reference that is so error prone?

Despite my gripes, I don't regret buying it (But seriously Catalyst, I'm offering my proofing skills for free on the next one as a one-time deal).  There's a ton of stuff in there I'll use and most of the stuff that's ill-defined can be pretty easily sorted out in a home game.  Even if you're Missions-centric, there are a lot of appealing options and gear for any combat-enthusiast.  I'm a sucker for stuff like the grenade-cam and hard-shell briefcase.  My characters generally veer towards the "mundane or adept with a gun," and all of them now have new things to buy or chargen overhauls to endure.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Rahz

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <04-11-14/1133:45> »
Melee Hardening is also another modification that was mentioned in Gun H(e)aven that is not included in Run & Gun. 

Overall I like the content of the book even though most of it is just edition updates on older stuff.  The stats/rules for most of the stuff seems in line with SR5 but the typos, smartlink/gun issues, omissions and other editorial messes are rather disappointing to say the least. 

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #27 on: <04-11-14/1151:24> »
Melee Hardening is also another modification that was mentioned in Gun H(e)aven that is not included in Run & Gun. 
Good point, you would think it would be in there just to explain the fluff associated with the Gun Kata discipline.

Also, did I miss a chakram item listing somewhere? There's an entire fighting discipline dedicated to it, so...
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #28 on: <04-11-14/1233:16> »
After the initial Preview #1 release, we brought up the question about whether the Executive Suite/Heritage/Nightshade/Moonsilver/Second Skin lines of armored clothing were supposed to have a Zoe header allowing Second Skin to actually be able to use the Custom Fit (stack) property. The headers are all still listed by their line names rather than manufacturer.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <04-11-14/1323:45> »
To be perfectly fair, Run & Gun doesn't seem to recognize Gun H(e)aven as a book at all for 5th, seeing as none of the guns, rules or modifications are featured in the tables in the back.  Given that Gun H(e)aven has a weird place as a crossover supplement. it may not be factored in and the melee hardening is simply a 4th edition leftover for the people who use the supplement for 4th edition.