« Reply #75 on: <12-09-10/1306:13> »
Nom, nom, nom.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #76 on: <12-09-10/1309:43> »
I have a friend who's a military fanboy. He shared a US MRE with us once. Yuck. I didn't even try it, it smelled bad enough.
Maybe German MREs are better. Well, they have to be better. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #78 on: <12-09-10/1326:10> »
I have no idea what you've eaten, but MRE's are absolutely delicious.  If I could buy some online and take 'em camping or fix 'em for game night I would jump on that in a heartbeat.  The heartbeat after I get money, of course.
I don't know if I'd say "absolutely delicious," but they are better than people might think.  I know I've got several cases here at the house as part of my "just in case" stores, and if they were absolute trash I certainly wouldn't.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #79 on: <12-09-10/1411:30> »
It must have been the two or three I had, because they were yummy.

But, then again, I've eaten things I'm quite sure were non-standard even for college dorm students and been satisfied.  So, I'm not sure I'm the best judge of such things.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

etherial

• Newb
« Reply #80 on: <12-09-10/1418:08> »
I dont know about US rations, but german army rations are really good stuff.

Some of them are really good, but the Franks & Beans one is known as "the Four Fingers of Death".

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #81 on: <12-09-10/1449:44> »
I do love MRE's (except ham and cheese omelette) but the only places I can get them they're more expensive than fast food. If I'm spending ten bucks on a meal anyway, it can damn well come cooked with a soda.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #82 on: <12-09-10/1459:22> »
Chicken al king was my favorite my most hated was the Orange cake... complete with rines!

We refered to them as Mysteries (Mr E.)

Some were good others aweful I am so glad those days are over! ;)
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <12-09-10/1531:29> »
Chicken w/Salsa was what I lived on in Basic, loved those M&Ms.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #84 on: <12-09-10/1700:27> »
Heh. I've just checked in with my friend. And he's selling them on auctions, as he gog around 30 cases. Didn't say from where, but i've checked things, and he's making a 200-400% profit on those, depending how much did they cost him. Well, we have a lot of military fanboys in Poland, probably because our military is a laugh.
Especially when it was still mandatory to serve nine months, even for less-than-50kg students like me. Heh. Maybe - just maybe - now that it's volontary it will improve.
But we hae a few good units still, like GROM, or FORMOZA. I had the opportunity to chat with a few guys from the latter in a restaurant, and i was amazed - most of them played RPG's. :P
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #85 on: <12-11-10/0321:05> »
In the summer of 08, I was working for a private EMS company briefly after being laid off. Used to work for them as an EMT before becoming a law dog. Anyway, when Hurricanes Ike and Gustov came through, FEMA subcontracted us. We went down to help out and at many of our staging areas, it was pretty premitive. MREs were the only thing i ate for a week. Most were actually pretty good, and I developed a taste for the "chocolate drink". Only thing I DIDNT like was the chicken and rice with salsa..

Fun tiimes.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.