NEWS

roll20 character sheet

• 5 Replies

complexmath

• Newb
« on: <02-17-17/1227:55> »
I don't know if anyone else plays Anarchy via roll20, but it occurred to me that people may not know that roll20 now has an Anarchy character sheet in the standard list of choices. The basic format for everything is a box for the skill/attribute number, a box for modifiers from amps, and a box for a note explaining where the modifiers came from. Auto-rolls take S/P hits into account, and you should see the number of dice on the button decrease automatically as you mark damage.

There is support for one or two optional/house rules in place. There's a way to roll initiative, which is AGI+LOG, and there is a place to list two plot directives. Plot directives are personality flaws where the player may earn a plot point if acting in service of that directive hinders a mission. For example, if a player is an addict and pursuing that addiction causes problems for the team, that may deserve a plot point from the GM. Providing fields for them on the sheet allows them to be referenced quickly during play, especially by the GM who may not remember what everyone's flaws are.

The sheet has been working pretty well for us so far, but please post comments here if you have any feedback. I already intend to expand the single-line fields for qualities and plot directives into multi-line boxes (amps take up so much room that there's no reason not to give these more space), but if there are other things that would be handy, please let me know.
« Last Edit: <02-19-17/1235:45> by complexmath »

ozzkore

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-17/0149:26> »
Hiya!  Getting these working on our roll20 for use on Join the Anarchy and super excited to make the transition!  Thanks for all of your hard work to get it up and running.  We noticed some things that could make this character sheet top of the line:

1) Damage on weapons can only be numbers, so we can't put 6P or 8S, for example, only 6 or 8.  If that can just be a regular text box, that'd be great.

2) In the dropdown for Attributes under Skills, a (K) option would be fantastic for Knowledge Skills.

3) There's nowhere to write Gear, Contacts, Cues, or Dispositions.  Perhaps they could be listed next to Amps, as there's a lot of blank space there once you start adding different Amps.  If these could have the Add & Modify buttons just like Skills and Amps, that would be lovely.

4) There's nowhere to list Karma.  A Total Karma box and a Karma Balance box would be greatly appreciated near the top of the sheet.

5) The text boxes for Shadow Amp descriptions should be adjustable - it seems wasteful to have 4 lines of text for an effect that only takes up 1 line.  Or vice versa - an Amp might get super complex and take up more than 4 lines.

6) It would be great to have additional Attribute/Skill/Condition Monitor/Description boxes that can be added at will by the player to account for cyberdecks, drones, vehicles, spirits, and sprites.  This would probably be best under a second tab rather than on the main sheet.

7) Next to or under the Essence stat, it would be great if it could tell you via auto-calculation what penalties you receive to Healing/Magic/Tasking.

8) Personal request - any way to make things align at the top rather than from the bottom (like Skills + Weapons, or Amps + Qualities)?  It would just feel more organized and visually appealing.

Thanks!

complexmath

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-06-17/2017:07> »
Thanks for the feedback!

I want to make things align at the top rather than the bottom as well, just haven't figured out how to do that yet. For the next revision I'll have to brush up on my CSS. :-[ Adjustable size text boxes and such fall under the same category. If I can figure out how to do it I will.

1) This is an easy fix and a good idea.

2) The (roll) button might be a bit weird for knowledge skills, since it doesn't follow the standard ATTR+SKILL+MOD format. Perhaps they could get their own section right below normal skills and roll LOG+LOG or something.

3) Do people actually use cues and dispositions? My assumption was that those were primarily for handout characters at conventions. It would be easy enough to add boxes for these however.

4) Ok.

5) Not sure I can do this, but I'll look into it. As far as I know, the choice is between the single-line box and the multi-line box. Maybe something is possible with javascript, but I've been trying to avoid that.

6) How would this look? A box for the thing affected, a box for the penalty, and a box for additional notes? This would be used as a place to keep track of things happening with the character, like a scratch-pad, and not have any mechanical effect, right?

7) I think I should revisit the Essence box. The way we play is that instead of measuring Essence from 6 down to 0, at which point you're dead or whatever, we track the Essence cost itself, which is unbounded. So there's no fixed Essence limit preventing you from you getting a cyber-body that cost say 8 Essence, it would just mean a correspondingly high healing penalty (-4). I think that box should be labeled as holding the Essence cost of all your amps, and maybe a calculated field next to it that displays the healing penalty? (which is the text box * 2).

ozzkore

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <03-07-17/1927:22> »
 :-X1)  :)

2) That would be fine!

3) I guess Cues and Dispositions could be part of the Bio. It would take up more space than necessary.

4) :)

5) It would be appreciated :D It might not be so bad if it had everything aligned at the top instead which I know you'd have to figure out also. Or perhaps the Shadow Amps could be distributed between two columns instead of all stacked into one, so someone with 6 Shadow Amps would be looking at a 3×2 grid of text boxes rather than scrolling down a 6×1.

6) I figured each bonus thing would be a one-line entry field to put the name of the thing (GM Nissan Rotodrone), with adjustable Condition Monitors (like how Armor is now - maybe drop down to select the type of monitor: Physical, Stun, Armor, Matrix, Durability, Other), and with a text box for notes. Sort of like mini character sheets that you can add into the page.

7) It would be easier then to just do a number entry field next to Essence with the descriptor text "Penalty to Healing/Magic/Tasking".
« Last Edit: <03-07-17/1931:48> by ozzkore »

ozzkore

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-12-17/2327:53> »
Also noticed that Essence that is not a whole number (4.5, for example) gets a popup message asking for it to be a whole number (4 or 5).  It doesn't account for things like Bioware that only have a -0.5 Essence cost.

complexmath

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-22-17/1532:08> »
So it's been a while. Sorry. But I got the simpler changes into a PR. Essence and weapon damage will become text fields, and there's a new field next to Essence called Penalty, where you can put your Essence-related heal penalty. More significant changes like a Knowledge skill list will come later.