NEWS

A question on Initiation, and spirits

• 6 Replies

serkear

• Newb
« on: <06-29-11/0333:28> »
Hello to everybody, i'm new to the forum and let's say new also to shadowrun 4th edition.

I will soon start a new Campaign, and my idea is to play a aspected Magician (conjurer)  but before creating  my Character i wouldlike to know if is it possible to start with Initation and with an Ally spirit already Bound.

thanks

Irian

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-29-11/0335:23> »
When using karma gen, there's an optional(!) rule that you can use karma also for other purpose, including initiation, etc. As always, your group (or in some cases, the gm) has the last word on this.
GMTool - PreAlpha released (also on SourceForge)
Random Ramblings about Shadowrun (german only)

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-29-11/0428:51> »
And in this case particurlarly, don't forget the GM's final approval. And the GM's approval means at least your character can exist.
I insist on these points because a friend of mine pretended that with the karma creation system allowing initiation, he could build a character with an power 20 ally spirit.
Maybe the maths allow it, but not the common sense.
« Last Edit: <06-29-11/0434:41> by anotherJack »
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

serkear

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <06-29-11/0502:53> »
Thanks Guys

i gues my GM will got no prob to allow me

anyway My Idea is just to have a kinda of "Guardian Angel" form my Aspected magician, that will help him in combat situation, cause i wanna do it kinda like "helpless"  low phisical trait but high intelligence logic, and magic (of course )

kinda of Stand-like  protector (if anyone read jojo he know what i mean )

anyway

thanks Again for Help.   

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #4 on: <06-29-11/2049:39> »
Also note, the Karma CharGen system has been errata'ed recently. Raising Attributes costs new rating x5 (not the new rating x3 as mentioned in the Runners' companion)

This significantly down-powers the Karma Creation system, but makes it more balanced and inline with the BP option.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

serkear

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-30-11/0022:32> »

We are using BP to build character so..., my idea goes out the window.... anyway i will stll play a conjurer, with a bound spirit or two, then i will buy an ally during the game with Karma.

thanks agan to all of you 

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #6 on: <06-30-11/0029:08> »
You could always take the 'Spirit Affinity' positive quality, and have a low-power spirit as a high-loyalty Contact.

With an appropriate background (and the positive quality), I'd probably allow a spirit with Force = Connection rating.

So for 20 BP, you would have the positive quality (which in itself is a good option for a summoner), and a Force 5 spirit Buddy who may even risk their life for you (Contact rating of 5/5).

Would be very much subject to GM approval, but is more of a Guardian Angel option, as the spirit in question is in no way bound to you, but likes you and (with a big Loyalty rating) may be watching over your shoulder.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law