NEWS

Rigger Feedback

• 9 Replies

Bob The 3rd

• Newb
« on: <08-03-15/0024:08> »
Hello! I've just put together a Rigger, looking for some feedback and suggestions.

A-Resources B-Attributes B-Skills E-Meta E-Magic

Attributes:
BOD - 3
AGI - 4/6
REA - 6/8
STR - 1/3
CHA - 1
INT - 5
LOG - 5/6
WIL - 3
EDG - 3

Primary Skills:
Electronics Group - 3
Engineering Group - 2
Armorer - 2
Automatics - 6
Electronic Warfare - 6
Etiquette - 1
Gunnery - 6
Perception - 4
Pilot: Aircraft - 5
Pilot: Ground Craft - 5
Pilot: Walker - 2
Pilot: Watercraft - 2
Sneaking - 4

Cyberware/Bioware:
Antennae x3
Control Rig (2)
Datajack
Muscle Replacement (2)
Reaction Enhancers (2)
Smartlink
Cerebral Booster (1)

Gear: (I'm not gonna list all of it because there is a lot, just general stuff)
Lined Coat and Helmet
Ingram Smartgun X
Vulcan Liegelord
Transys Avalon
Headphones, Glasses, Contacts
Fake SIN, Fake Licenses
Tool Shop (Automotive)
Tool Kit (Aircraft, Armorer)
500 MMG Ammo
200 AR Ammo
100 SMG Ammo
Various Minigrenades
Various Autosofts

GMC Bulldog
MCT Fly-Spy x2
F-B Bumblebee (Stoner-Ares M202)
Steel Lynx (Ares Alpha)

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #1 on: <08-04-15/0342:05> »
I wouldn't bother with the steel lynx myself unless you've got a property (lifestyle) in a dangerous area you want it to patrol. they're difficult to transport and not that hard to take down. the f-b bumblebee flies so overcomes many of the in-mission problems with wheeled drones (stairs, high perimeter walls etc)
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Whiskeyjack

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-04-15/1539:04> »
I always think the Steel Lynx is literally a robot cat with a gun on its back, like a Liger from Zoids.

Why is this not a thing. I demand puma-shaped drones.
Playability > verisimilitude.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #3 on: <08-05-15/0754:16> »
also, your GMC bulldog could really do with some spoof chips, morphing plates, smuggling compartment and a rigger interface. if you can squeak th cash, chameleon paint is a damn good idea.
If you don't own a boat or a walker drone and have no plans to buy either any time soon, you might be better off dropping the watercraft and walker skills and bumping your social skills (maybe put it into negotiation 3 (bargaining +2) or con 3 (fast talk +2) as this will give you six dice plus edge for 9 and a wireless bonus from the fashion armours to give a dice pool of 10 which is great for getting out of the shit or adding team work dice to the face's negotiation rolls.
the last thing you want is to be on a stakeout and a policeman coming over and asking why you've been parked up outside the building for 30mins more than the parking meter allows and not knowing how to talk your way out of it!

Make sure you spec your drone's sensor suites out as well,
that f-b bumblebee needs some work;

Weapon accessories;
-Smartgun (external, top)
-Airburst Link
-Underbarrel grenade launcher (bottom) or Underbarrel wight (bottom)
-Gas vent R3 (barrel)
-Safe target module can go on a side mount or internal mount if you want to help prevent friendly fire, otherwise improved rangefinder is good if you want to use this as a sniping platform.

Sensor suite: (look at improving to R4 to increase sensor capacity and limit for perception tests)
Camera(Combat); Smartlink, flare compensation, image mag
Camera(alternate); Thermo, low light, image link or whatever
Motion sensor
Ultrasound
Omni mic; spatial recogniser
Laser range finder
Olfactory sensor
Radio signal scanner

That kind of load out allows you to target better, deal with flashbangs/smoke better and hear + detect enemy movements as well as cloaked mages much better. Olfactory sensor is niche but good for smelling things like gas grenades so you can warn your team or for picking up certain info from teh environment like cigar smoke, (indicating someone has stepped outside of the building around the corner from you for a sneaky cig on his break and such)

Also, might be worth sticking a couple of mods onto your electronics; the add attribute (sleaze) mod is useful for your RCC for running silent and can then be boosted by cyberprograms or add attribute (attack) with a high rating agent and cybercombat programs so that you've got a line of defence against hackers whilst you retrieve your prized possesions.
Likewise, the add module; program carrier (virtual machine) is a great one to have on your transys avalon. load it with either browsing software for data search tests (useful for grabbing AR guides for repairing your stuff for their +2 bonus)  or encryption and shell to help deal with incoming damage to your PAN or even grab a sleaze dongle and go with the same idea as i suggested for the RCC
« Last Edit: <08-05-15/0800:27> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Bob The 3rd

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-05-15/1653:16> »
All my drones do have a full sensor suite,  forgot to write that in. I will drop the extra vehicle skills and get some negotiations,  if I need to pilot water/walkers for a job,  Ill just spend a tiny bit of karma and be able to get a pretty respectable dice pool because of high reaction.
Edit: also switched out the Lynx for a second F-B, ended up actually saving me about 4000 nuyen.
« Last Edit: <08-05-15/1702:51> by Bob The 3rd »

Bob The 3rd

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-05-15/1727:17> »
Also, might be worth sticking a couple of mods onto your electronics; the add attribute (sleaze) mod is useful for your RCC for running silent and can then be boosted by cyberprograms or add attribute (attack) with a high rating agent and cybercombat programs so that you've got a line of defence against hackers whilst you retrieve your prized possesions.
Likewise, the add module; program carrier (virtual machine) is a great one to have on your transys avalon. load it with either browsing software for data search tests (useful for grabbing AR guides for repairing your stuff for their +2 bonus)  or encryption and shell to help deal with incoming damage to your PAN or even grab a sleaze dongle and go with the same idea as i suggested for the RCC

I haven't played a Decker before, so what kinds of programs would you generally recommend?

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #6 on: <08-05-15/1746:42> »
Depends how you wanna run stuff, generally speaking all the legal programs are handy, encryption and toolbox for boosting data processing and firewall stats of your RCC are the obvious picks.
It gets a bit more subtle when you start modding your RCC with sleaze or attack attributes, sleaze is more useful as it allows you to run silent with more reliability and programs like stealth, smoke and mirrors and sneak help keep you off the radar when deckers start looking for you.
When the do find you they can start attacking your icon, damaging your kit and turning your drones against you. Strictly speaking, you're probably better cutting and running at that point but if you have an attack rating from a modification and the attack software you can engage in cybercombat or have an agent do it for you. You probably won't do great at it but an agent is enough to Harry and annoy a decker that's trying to shut you down.
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Bob The 3rd

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-05-15/1755:01> »
Picked up some programs with spare cash, and was thinking of grabbing more jammers if needed. Can't find there sleaze modifications, are they in the rulebook? How do they work?

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <08-05-15/1949:27> »
I always think the Steel Lynx is literally a robot cat with a gun on its back, like a Liger from Zoids.

Why is this not a thing. I demand puma-shaped drones.

The description of them being a wheeled four legged drone makes me think of the Tachakomas from Ghost in the Shell.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #9 on: <08-06-15/0354:48> »
Picked up some programs with spare cash, and was thinking of grabbing more jammers if needed. Can't find there sleaze modifications, are they in the rulebook? How do they work?
Its in data trails; any electronic device can take a single modification but only some of them will be useful.
you can add a matrix attribute you don't have (ie sleaze/attack) at a cost of packs of electronic components (not that expensive). this basically gives you a rating 1 in either sleaze or attack (your DP/FW will still be 5-6) which you can then improve with programs (stealth gives +1 sleaze to get you to 2 total, smoke and mirrors from data trails can boost it even further at a cost of increased noise).
Sleaze is most useful because it allows you to run silent making it harder to be spotted and therefore be dealt damage by enemy deckers/spiders. If a decker can get 3 marks on your drones, he can turn them against you which is where bad stuff happens!!
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor