NEWS

Zeppelins?

• 19 Replies

zarzak

• Chummer
« on: <04-11-15/1306:05> »
I know zeppelins aren't officially in 5e yet ... but does anyone know of any fan-made content?  I want a zeppelin! :D

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-11-15/2335:12> »
I seem to recall Kane recommending one as a mobile hideout in 4E safehouse supplement.

zarzak

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <04-12-15/0119:28> »
Mobile hideout is one of the many awesome things to do with a zeppelin.

They're also great for smuggling, and living in (who wants to live in an RV when you can live in a zeppelin), and they're great for being awesome in every way ... :3

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <04-12-15/0214:37> »
They are also slow and huge targets.
But honestly I have been looking for blimps too because they are actually a huge part of the fiction. In SiF-SN it says that they are used as cargo haulers over the plains. Winternight used blimps to nuke the world and blimps were used by the military during the Chicago quarantine as airborne surveillance units. I doubt they were used down in Yucatan or Amazonia though because of their huge radar footprint.

But yeah, stats and prices would be awesome, especially for LTA drones
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

zarzak

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <04-12-15/1059:24> »
In Arsenal (from 4e) you also have this fun line of fluff:  "A high altitude combat version was also deployed in Tsimshian, mounting laser weaponry and carrying aerial combat drones."

In 'Unfriendly Skies' (from 4e) there is mention of combat variants used for covertly ferrying troops in one of the zeppelin's flavor entries.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #5 on: <04-13-15/0540:38> »
Arent zepplins used as image space for japanese cocacola adds in the future?
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-13-15/0843:14> »
They are used for that today too.
The Patlabor II movie (and I think that was how Winternight did it too) the adversary sneaked in heavy weaponry and explosives by disguising their blimps has standard advertising blimps

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <04-14-15/0154:38> »
I cannot tell you how much I love airships.

Seriously. Like, say the word and little cartoon hearts start bipping around my noggin.

As such, you'd best believe that I'll put 'em in anywhere I can. :D

Sithlis

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-14-15/0345:01> »
When I was planning on running a campaign a year or do back I had the Vory leader floating around in a airship outside of Seattle airspace.  He may have also been a little crazy.  Still like theidea though.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #9 on: <04-14-15/0705:48> »
Patlabor... Havent thought about those guys since Tech TV, before the fratboy G4 incarnation.

As for airships, I`ve used them for cheap high altitude surveilance in place of things like the krupp-icarus. I also had a pirate trid station run from one once, just off the coast of vladivostok, acted as an infobroker too.
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #10 on: <04-18-15/2141:24> »
What about having one that can deploy and recover the ultralight gliders? speaking of sneaking in the devastating force...
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #11 on: <04-22-15/0045:08> »
When I was planning on running a campaign a year or do back I had the Vory leader floating around in a airship outside of Seattle airspace. 
I'm thinking camp out over one of the lakes or out in the sound so you can see anyone sneaking up on you. 
And you know, if they shoot you down at least you'll hit water.

What about having one that can deploy and recover the ultralight gliders? speaking of sneaking in the devastating force...
I now officially have an idea for a Rigger that lives in one & deploys many FlySpys & Roto-Drones off it.
I just need to come up with a method for how he goes to the grocery store & to the club w/o having to always "park" it at ground level.
Ooooo,  I know, it has a small garage for a Mirage & then he remotely sends it back into the air.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-22-15/0115:43> »
How about a jet ski or a small boat which can be deployed and retracted?

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #13 on: <04-22-15/1620:50> »
I now officially have an idea for a Rigger that lives in one & deploys many FlySpys & Roto-Drones off it.
I just need to come up with a method for how he goes to the grocery store & to the club w/o having to always "park" it at ground level.
Ooooo,  I know, it has a small garage for a Mirage & then he remotely sends it back into the air.

roto drones can be modified to carry items :) just put a basket under them! either that or amazon is doing their drone delivery thing now (or atleast trying to) why couldn't there be drone delivery TO him in 2072?

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #14 on: <04-22-15/1752:17> »
How about a jet ski or a small boat which can be deployed and retracted?
While I think I'd stick to the Mirage to get around town.... I now have ideas of lowering it to about 10ft off the water & tossing down a rope later & one of those inflatable raft/boats that holds 1-2 people with a rope tied to it.
And I'd have a diving board off the back deck,  so I can dive into the lake & then climb in my floating raft/boat to suntan & drink.
Then climb back up the ladder & pull up the raft rope when done.
I'm liking where this idea is going.  ;)
« Last Edit: <04-23-15/1559:46> by Tarislar »