NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #135 on: <04-03-15/0843:25> »
I think I found another hold over, and that would be that centaurs start with uneducated. in chummer 5
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #136 on: <04-03-15/1822:36> »
I think I found another hold over, and that would be that centaurs start with uneducated. in chummer 5
For what I can apparently find, yes, it's another holdover.  I can find where pixies & sasquatch in SR5 are Uneducated, but not centaurs.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #137 on: <04-14-15/0947:39> »
So in the apparent disappearance of Adam, I've been doing some coding work to port in the Run Faster content. You may have seen me around on /tg/ or Reddit.

Changelog is available here, latest release is available at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5yimzsgljq3nnn/AAAa2q6l970NAkUUtZ4CvOgpa?dl=0 or https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest.

Generally speaking it's easier for me to keep track of issues if they're raised on the issue tracker as well, especially as these captchas are annoying.

Disclaimers: I'm a comparatively average coder compared to the previous devs, so things are more than likely to break. I don't have any official endorsements either; I've tried my best to get hold of Adam to no avail, so eh.

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #138 on: <04-14-15/1204:16> »
Hey Chummer - if you'd like any assistance with dev of c5, I am able to spend a *small* part of my week resolving issues.
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #139 on: <04-14-15/1936:45> »
A working karmagen system in Chummer 5, I love it!  May have to play around with it some.  Already noticed a few house rules I would've asked for, so thanks for already implementing them. :)

And don't worry about the captcha, it'll stop after you've made your 10th post here.

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #140 on: <04-15-15/2005:29> »
Nice work  ;)

Question: is it possible to add house rules? ???
Problem: i cant choose a meta-variant in priority or sum to 10

Keep up the incredible work  ;D
« Last Edit: <04-15-15/2208:48> by k_night »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #141 on: <04-16-15/0153:28> »
House rules can be enabled through Tools > Options. Actually adding custom rules would require code. If you raise it as an enhancement request in the github I can take a look at implementing it, depending on the scope.

Metavariants have a bug that I accidentally pushed in from someone else's commit, I'll have them fixed up tonight.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #142 on: <04-19-15/0944:39> »
Build 162
Application Change:

• Points for free Contacts include Karma values.
  • Amended an issue where the first point of Connection or Loyalty was free for Contacts. Basing this off the example text on page 99, but I'm moderately sure that there was a falling out between the development team and the writers at some point, so they may not have been talking at that point.
  • Added an optional rule to generate free contacts during Point Buy. Currently working on adding free contact points during Point Buy. Shouldn't be much longer to complete.
  • Refixed an issue with skill groups adding points to the Priority number counters. Will also clean up karmagen characters that were built accidentally using Points instead of just Karma.
  • Fixed issues with the Uneducated, Infirm, and Uncouth qualities during chargen. (Additional karma costs, wrong karma costs, just generally broken.)
  • Support added for the School of Hard Knocks quality.
  • Build Summary now reports the Karma used by Contacts if you exceed the free points.
Data Change:

• Blind (Mage) quality is now available for Adepts that have the Astral Perception quality.
New Strings:

• String_OverContactPoints

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #143 on: <04-19-15/0955:38> »
lol i guess the bug with meta-variants is gone :P
they don't even appear as an option anymore :'(

edit: my bad, didnt notice that the update turned of the books in my options :-[
« Last Edit: <04-19-15/1007:11> by k_night »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #144 on: <04-19-15/1014:38> »
I stopped pushing out the default.xml settings with my builds a while back. I know I had a reason for it at the time, but for the amount of annoyance it's given me I should probably just keep it in. Still, you should be able to just keep your settings file and just copy the new files over.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #145 on: <04-19-15/1027:12> »
so we have to redownload the program? or do you have a separate link for the updated files? (and where may that be?)

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #146 on: <04-19-15/1109:31> »
The latest version is always available at https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest or https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p5yimzsgljq3nnn/AAAa2q6l970NAkUUtZ4CvOgpa?dl=0. Download the zip, make a backup of your current folder if you're sensible enough not to trust some robot on the internet and extract into the path.

k_night

• Chummer
« Reply #147 on: <04-19-15/1139:38> »
No problem ;)
I was just used to the old way, now i know :)
That'l teach me to be lazy and not to check my configs before posting :P :-[

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #148 on: <04-22-15/1047:38> »
Build 163
Administrative Change:
- Controls (Skills, groups, etc.) moved into a separate folder because I'm tired of looking for them and can't be bothered prefixing. Organisation is love. Organisation is life.

Application Change:
- AUTOMATIC UPDATES ENABLED. Now I just have to not forget to update the version metadata every time I fiddle with something...
   - To use automatic updates, open the Tools window and click on Check For Updates. Any new file versions should be available for download. Select the files, hit the download button and cross your fingers.
- Fix for Friends in High Places causing a crash due to invalid bounds.
- Fixed an issue with free karma knowledge reverting values to 0.
- Rewrite of Knowledge Skill BP calculation to support free points. Needs some logic validation.
- Fixed an issue with the Blind (Mage) quality causing an exception.
- Added functionality for the Jack of All Trades, Master of None quality.
- Added functionality for the College Education quality from Run Faster.

Data Change:
- Updated some spells with correct ranges, from the errata.
- Updated some martial arts, courtesy of Urs Zeidler.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #149 on: <04-22-15/1138:08> »
Just downloaded the new version.  Knowledge skills are broken. They don't deduct from the points.  You can add all the ranks you want and it doesn't deduct from either karma or free points.  I tried this in priority and sum to ten.  used it as the first thing I did, no no other factors should be in play.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms