NEWS

[5e IC] Storm Force Whisper [2076 Game Thread]

• 295 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <03-17-17/0105:06> »
Robyn settles into her seat and pulls a cigarette from a pack she takes from her purse.  She pulls her cigarette lighter out and flicks it.  Or, rather, tries to flick it.  She shifts it to the other hand and flicks it to light, putting the flame to her cigarette while she flexes her the fingers of her right hand, hoping that the cabin light is dim enough that no one saw what had just happened.  She takes a few drags and laughs at ISaint's joke.  "I rather think that Al might just find fault with that action, my friend.  He might look cute in braids, though, now that you mention it?  What about it, Al?   You up for a make over?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #106 on: <03-17-17/0238:17> »
Deckard took off his coat and sat down in one of the seat, trying to get comfortable for the long ride to come.
The mood was good, and their Johnson was actually riding along.

He opened a bag of chips and carefreely let Al take the plane to cruising altitude. On our way back from Tonga, maybe we should stop by Hawaii again and spend a few days there to enjoy what the islands have to offer! How long is that ride going to be?

He knew he would have plenty of time to practice some of his Magic and rest too, but for now, somebody had to do it: He got up, went to the cargo bay to dig a bit into the containers ISaint had brought, and grabbed five beers. He came back and passed them along. Not that I want to start any sort of festivities, but let's raise one for Captain Al, for getting the Snakehandler up and ready in such a short time.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <03-17-17/0250:08> »
Robyn smiles at Rick as he comes up and hands her a beer.  She clinks bottles and takes a swig.  "Indeed, to Cap'n Al.  Let's hope that the landing is as smooth as the takeoff.  Will we be in Hawaii for long or just to refuel?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <03-17-17/0510:25> »
"Ideally, we'll only stay two hours to check the plane and refuel. Depending on the wind we'll be there within 24 hours.
And yeah, a little vacation afterwards certainly won't go amiss - although I hear that Hawaii has a little problem with the local vampire variety. Might be an interesting diversion."

He took the beer from Rick with a nod and took a small sip to get rid of the foam before continuing the toast: "And to you all who made this fine ride possible. Cheers."
« Last Edit: <03-19-17/0518:33> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #109 on: <03-17-17/0840:00> »
Al did nothing to disabuse his comrades of their assumptions about himself and Alyce. She'd be a prize, no question, so if they wanted to jump to conclusions, not really a problem. Nothing new, really. People had always taken his alpha-male status as a given.

He left the autopilot on, went back to join the others, and said, "Well, ya know that bein' a teetotaler at heart I am gen'rally loathe ta imbibe the devil's nectar when operatin' heavy machinery, but I guess this bein' a moment o' great import..." and he joined them in a toast.

A bit later, before returning to the pilot's seat, he spoke briefly to Isaint and anyone that happened to be listening - "If'n Hawaii's no more'n a pit stop, I got no neverminds. But if we's lookin' to pick up toys between here an' the job, Honolulu alone'll be a bigger market than Tonga an' ever'thin' in a thousand miles of it."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #110 on: <03-18-17/1509:16> »
Deckard was all ears when ISaint mentioned the Vampire of Hawai'i. Hunting Undead had been his specialty as a Bounty Hunter, reminding the time he had met iSaint for the first time in Belgium. But he had no bounty, and wasting resources for the sake of it wouldn't smart for the run.
The problem I see, as far as equipment, is we'll really know what we need once we see what it will take getting into the Aqualogy. Unless Silk you have intel that we could use now?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <03-19-17/0521:44> »
"Yeah, I've to the essentials with me although I probably won't take APDS with me into a one atmosphere underwater facility - if we can smuggle anything down there at all..."
Isaint added.

talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <03-19-17/1224:16> »
Robyn lights another cigarette, this time with no hesitation. "So, do we have a plan?  Are we extracting this guy or interviewing him on site?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <03-19-17/1259:57> »
"Ideally, I'd like to interrogate him somewhere safe - for us that is. But if Silk is satisfied with a quick and dirty rubberhosing, it would be enough to ambush him in his living quarters."
Isaint shrugged.
"Really, without plans, schedules and other background info it's really hard to formulate anything beyond "we'll wing it" I'm afraid."
Isaint had put on his ballistic mask with the respirator to escape the smoke. At that rate the first thing he'd need in Tonga would be a dry cleaner.
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <03-19-17/1306:15> »
Robyn notices ISaint's discomfort and blushes. "God, I am sorry.  I was not thinking."  She quickly pinches the cigarette out and puts the remnant back in the pack then stows the pack in her purse. "Winging it has been an acceptable tactic for a long time.  After all, many plans seem to fall apart when we confront the enemy."

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #115 on: <03-20-17/2340:33> »
Deckard lounged on the seat with both hands behind his neck and his feet up on the seat on front of him.

Yup, now that's my kind of plan!

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #116 on: <03-21-17/0800:47> »
Silk relaxed with the others, accepting a beer despite her natural inclinations, but didn't try and interfere with the group dynamics. This was their team and she was a passing guest, or worse an interfering J along for the ride. There would be time enough for real planning once they saw how the land lay in Tonga...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <03-21-17/1707:18> »
Isaint nodded: "So we'll do this happy go lucky for the moment. In that case let me fast forward a bit."
He stood up to pace a bit through the cabin, enjoying the ability to move freely. He had taken of the coat and now was getting rid of the jacket as well as his shoes. Slowly he sunk down in the Lotus position and began to empty his mind to enter the meditative state his patron had taught him. Although his eyes were closed he still could sense the people around him. His heartbeat began to slow as well as his breathing until they were nearly imperceptible.
By now he had entered this state every day for almost two months and it no longer posed a challenge to come back out of it at a moments notice. It wasn't exactly a meditation - on some level he was still very aware of his surroundings. Somehow all non-essential processes in his body were shut down together with his higher functions, leaving only simple instinct to look after him. In this state time didn't seem to exist - seconds and hours felt the same, no thirst nor sleepiness nor errant thoughts.
Isaint was pretty sure that this was as close to oblivion you could get without dying.

The alert from his commlink made him leave the meditation, as the GPS notified him that they were only minutes away from the Island of Maui.
"Did I miss anything important?"
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #118 on: <03-21-17/1847:43> »
Up in the pilot's seat, the stubble on Al's face was nearly a day longer.

"Well, them rations ya brought done game ol' Al some historic fuckin' flatulence, so ya missed out on that show. Otherwise just blue below an' blue above. Found us a nice, low-traffic marina offers aviation fuel. Short drive ta Hana, ya wanna do any shoppin'."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <03-21-17/2231:40> »
Robyn shakes her head as she stretches. "No thanks, Al.  I think I will walk about some and stretch my legs, though.  We're only here for a short stay, right?"