NEWS

[5e IC] Storm Force Whisper [2076 Game Thread]

• 295 Replies

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #75 on: <03-11-17/0748:09> »
Having received a positive reply from Rick, Isaint made his way to the airport, paid the exorbitant fee to park his car and then got on to the waiting lounge. He was two hours to early, but since everything was prepared on his end and he already had checked out of the hotel, he really didn't have anywhere else to be. So instead he took one of the traveler cabins to go full VR and continue his pilot training.
Helped by the expensive software and his natural ability to quickly soak up new skills, he felt confident to soon be able to act as back-up pilot.

[spoiler]
Tutorsoft: Instruction Tutorsoft R4: 8d6t5 3
Reducing training time by 3 days for Rating 1 skill = 0 (-2) days and 1 Karma

[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #76 on: <03-11-17/1226:17> »
[Saturday September 12th, 2076;  Waldorf Astoria Hotel  New York Metroplex]

Robyn laughed. "Some things you do not have to worry about.  I do not have a SIN attached to either EVO or the Vory.  I am a highly valued asset to both organizations, but I work independently of their direct control.  I do, however,  owe them loyalty for what they have done for me and our relationship remains strong and if it were not, I could not have brought you that vid of Cara.  On that, I am sorry that I failed to save her life, but I am glad that I was able to stabilize her long enough to tell you goodbye.  She loved you very much and you are a lucky man to have had even a bit of that sort of love." In a softer voice not necessarily meant to be heard, but probably was, she says, "And she was a lucky woman to have had your love."

She feels herself misting up and rises.  "Excuse me for a minutes, please.  I need to use the loo.  I will be back soon.  Our ride to the airport will be here in thirty minutes."

Thirty-two minutes later, Alyce and Rick are in a limousine, headed back to airport.  They receive ISaint's message and Rick responds to it and soon they are back in the air, headed for Seattle.  Once seated and the aircraft in the air, she turns to face Rick.  "You might be tired of my playing after yesterday, but if not, four lines below the recording you heard yesterday is another one of mine.  I composed it after we returned from Below and I named it "Requiem for Below.  It is the finest work I have ever done, which might be crap to you if you hate cello music, but there are also some vocals in it and my singing voice is quite good, believe it or not.  It is a long piece, ostensibly about our foray Below and the defeat of the demon, but you could say that it really is about life, love, loss, and eventual triumph of spirit over adversity.  I do not think that I shall ever write something as good or play it and sing it as well.  The recording is from an impromptu concert I gave in the park across from my book shop.  Listen if you like and let me know what you think."

She jacks in and settles back after dialing up the selection and listens to her opus magnus.  The song has never failed to bring tears to her eyes and this time is no different from any other.  She makes no attempt to wipe at the tears, knowing that more will follow , until the piece is over.  She smiles to herself as she finishes.  She had really made that old wooden cello sing..

On arrival, the two contact ISaint and make their way to where he is waiting.  Alyce excuses herself and leaves Rick to go meet ISaint alone as she makes a stop at the baggage counter and picks up a large case that has been waiting here for her.  She snaps the carrying handle up and rolls the advanced medkit out of the area and to the airport lounge to meet the guys. "Hello, ISaint.  Long time, you are a sight for sore eyes.  I hope that you have room for the medkit."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #77 on: <03-11-17/1624:09> »
[Saturday September 12th, 2076; Hat Island, Salish waters, of coast of Snohomish, Seattle Metroplex]

The crates were outside the hangar by the time Al woke up on Saturday. He'd ordered some reference materials and it was going to be a big job. One ejection seat, installation was rated at four hours. He wanted to put in six in ten or less. Sweat of your brow, that's what it said in the Good Book.

Each one - pilot, co-pilot, and two each port and starboard in the passenger area - had a parachute, natch, plus a one-man survival bubble set to self-deploy on contact with any more water than a wading pool.

Normally, he liked to work with a beer in one hand and a cigarette between his teeth. And with most jobs that wasn't a problem. This one, though, well, man worked for a living, he guessed. Besides, after this it was blue skies and sandy beaches. Little diving. Easiest job ever, so he supposed he could skip lunch for one day.

When the staff from the house brought his apple-glazed pork roast and mashed potatoes, they tasted especially good as he sat in the cargo bay looking at his handiwork.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <03-11-17/2034:02> »
Deckard gladly listened to Robyn "masterpiece", curious about her high review of it. And damn she was right. It hit him even more than he had lived those events and each piece brought back some every specific memories. Was it on purpose or not he couldn't tell, but she had definitely managed to bring the essence of their adventure and turn it into an epic tale, that, through her art, would live forever. A tear came down as well. The second the today, and both time the Blind Elf had been responsible. He grabbed her hand, and remained silent for the rest of the ride, sharing with her his appreciation of the beautiful piece of music. A Masterpiece.

The flight to Seattle was uneventful, and the arcane bounty hunter made a note to self to travel first class whenever he would have the chance now!

Upon arrival Robyn excused herself and Rick went on to meet with ISaint. Knowing too well recognizing him could be tricky, nature of the man, he switched to Astral Sight entering the waiting area, and scanned around. Here he was, in all his might. He revert back to normal sight and went to greet the way too human looking Ork, his friend.

It has been a while, friend. Glad to see in good shape. He said as he extended his arms open, ready to grab on his hand or arm, whatever would come first. Of course Deckard had decided to not mention anything about the dark shade he saw in ISaint's Aura.
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #79 on: <03-12-17/0812:10> »
Isaint grinned behind his bushy beard that he had grown for the occasion - looking like a mixture between Santa and a ZZ-Top member.
"Great to see you both whole and sound - that Otherworld business really did a number on me. But for now I'm on top of my game. Get your gear and follow me, I've rented a large pick-up and a small boat, so we are ready to join Al directly."
Without missing a beat, Isaint picked up once of Alice heavier pieces of luggage and led towards the parking garage.

Once they were underway he said: "I hope you had a refreshing time and as much holidays as you could cram in. Because I've got a feeling that we won't get much of that on this mission.
Silk hasn't called back, so I assume she makes her own way to our new airplane. It will need a name, any suggestions?
Personally, I'm partial to "Seraphim". Or maybe, since it's a Catalina, we'll simply call it "Cat"... or "Lina"..."

He trailed off.
talk think matrix

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <03-12-17/1251:30> »
The Otherworld did a number on everyone it seemed. Deckard had seen the mark on ISaint's aura. The Mage had also had some side effect following their ordeal... He had occasional uncontrollable episodes of shaking of his hands. He couldn't tell if that was just a stress issue, or some side effect to channeling spirits inside of him. Of course the sight of  a powerful horror capable of destroying his world could have some impact on his mental health, the unsteady hands being just a sign of his failing mental health...

But now was not the time to bother with those concerns. There was no tremors for now and they were gonna head toward some beautiful paradise islands in the middle of the oceans. ISaint ruined it a bit when he mentioned there will be to time for rest there, but in Deckard's chaotic world, everyday had it's own rule and planning.

A name for the plane... let see... Robyn, what was the name of your masterpiece we listen to in the ride to the airport?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #81 on: <03-12-17/1919:16> »
Robyn had let ISaint be the gentleman and hands him the oversize medkit that she had had shipped to the airport for pickup.  Other than that, she is only carrying one garment bag and an overnight case for other essentials a woman requires for travel.  She climbs into the rear of the large, two-seat truck and settles into the seat. "Hey, ISaint, do you think we could stop off at a shop on the way?  I need to pick up some cigarettes.  Something about not being allowed to carry more than a couple of packs on an international flight."

Robyn blushes a bit when Rick talks about her music, but is very glad to hear that he liked it.  "I named it Requiem for Below.  That might be a bit too long for the name of an airplane.  Maybe simply Requiem?" 

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <03-12-17/2035:05> »
Deckard pondered about it for a second. "Requiem"... an interesting take on it...
Al is putting his heart into that plane; He seems to have been spending the last 48h entirely on the ship, I feel if anyone, he should be the one naming her.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <03-12-17/2352:36> »
Robyn smiles.  "I agree entirely..  Oh, and just so you guys know, I am deathly afraid of being on open water by myself, so please don't leave me all by myself on the boat if we are out of sight of land."

adamu

« Reply #84 on: <03-13-17/0836:11> »
[Saturday September 12th, 2076; Hat Island, Salish waters, of coast of Snohomish, Seattle Metroplex]

Work complete and dinner done, Al set about repeating his pre-flight check. Everyone was in Seattle now, and apparently heading out to the island tonight. He assumed that meant they also wanted to take off tonight, so he'd be ready. Hopefully they brought enough provisions.

Everything checked out. Of course he'd done the equivalent of this check and more before paying for the plane, but with all the work he'd been doing on it, the inspection needed doing again.

He sent Isaint the docking instructions and then went to his cot. It was a bit of a trip up along the length of the Metroplex to the island, and he outght to catch some zzz's if he could. Of course it was probably a waste of time to try, but it wasn't as if he had anything else to do.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #85 on: <03-13-17/0913:58> »
"Deathly afraid of water? You know, it's a little late for that now - especially once we go down in a bathysphere. But don't worry. We have a new plane, Rick can conjure up spirits that can control the weather, we both can levitate through telekinesis, Al just informed us that he installed top notch safety and rescue systems and on the whole we are to pretty to die." Isaint replied with a smirk.

The truck reached the boat and Isaint demonstrated this improved proficiency with telekinesis by uncovering, loading and finally boarding the little boat purely by magic. He gave the truck's pilot the command to return to the rental place, paid the fare and unlatched the boat.
Al's directions were already in the boat's dog brain and all it took was a simple command to get them going.
By now the boat laid quite low in the water, but thankfully the sea wasn't particularly rough.
"Captain Isaint welcomes you on this pleasure cruise. Keep your appendages inside the boat at all times and enjoy the ride."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #86 on: <03-13-17/1036:05> »
Alyce thanks ISaint for his concern.  "I am fine as long as there are other people on the boat.  It is just being alone that freaks the bloody hell out of me."

At the pier, Alyce goes to the convenience store just around the corner and buys as many cartons of Lucky Strikes as she can before returning in time to see the last of the gear stowed.  She smiles as she boards the boat and takes a seat.  Once seated, she pulls a metal book from her purse and opens it to where a red cloth book mark denotes where she had stopped last.  Her fingers begin to roam across the page, feeling the raised Braille characters.

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #87 on: <03-13-17/1139:43> »
ISaint had pretty well summed up what Deckard felt about the security of the trip. Knowing one of his Water Elemental could appear and intervene with a thought was comforting. All Rick said was: Don't worry, we'll be there.

He watched with pride as ISaint demonstrated his increased abilities to levitate objects. He first wanted to help, but seeing how the Ork was handling it, he just stayed on the side and watched.

You'll make your teacher proud! if you continue at this rate you may steal my titles.

I must say you too have inspired me since we left Below. I've never been an expert at illusions outside of creating pure chaos, and pretending I'm smart, but I've been working on it. Look.

The Mage closed his eyes and let the ambient Mana penetrate him. He felt the warmth of his Power Focus on his chest and with his mind molded the magic energies around his Aura.

ISaint could have sworn he heard the croak of raven and when he looked at Deckard, Al was there instead! The rugged face, burnt fingers, and the musky ashy smell of cold cigarettes were all there.

I'd be curious to see how well this will register on Robyn's sensors, he added as Al's face was giving its best smile.  But let's spare the girl some harsh reaction for now.

The magician dropped the spell, and was cleaning the Astral space of traces of the spell when Robyn returned.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #88 on: <03-13-17/1152:25> »
Isaint laughed loud and booming. "Rick, you are a genius. That will solve a lot of problems with our infiltration. Promise me you do that trick with Al, pretending to be a mirror."

When Robyn had returned with her coffin nails and started to read her book, he found time to ask her: "You learned Braille? I thought you could read everything with your sensors?
Do you mind teaching me? I try to learn every new language I come across."

With his link he sent a message to Al: "We are on our way, shouldn't be more than an hour now. All supplies are ready."
talk think matrix

adamu

« Reply #89 on: <03-13-17/1308:03> »

Al got the message just as he might have almost had a chance at drifting off. He voice-texted back: <<She's all prettied up an' ready ta go. I'll let the marina guy know yer ETA.>>

He got up and walked down to the old marina to shoot the breeze with the old guy that took care of the small facility. As they chatted about the boats Ducky had there, Al tapped in a thank you to his host for the hospitality. He hadn't been expecting a reply, but twenty minutes later Winslow "call me Dukwibol" Flannery was pulling up a third folding deck chair and chatting alongside them.

Al thanked him face to face for all his help, and the men shook hands. "All part of the business, Al. Let me know if you need a permanent home for your plane."

"Will do, kemo sabe," Al had replied with zero sense of irony. He opened another beer and that was where his co-workers saw him as Isaint tossed the mooring line to the old marina guy.

"Well met, gentle squires, an' welcome ta Hat Island."