NEWS

[5e IC] Storm Force Whisper [2076 Game Thread]

• 295 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #135 on: <03-28-17/0259:24> »
"Shaved ice?  Sounds bloody delightful.  I will join you, thank you."  Robyn falls in with Rick, walking alongside him as he heads off to the snack shack just off the pier.  She chuckles a bit.  "I am not actually certain what I want to talk about.  I always seem to put my foot in mu mouth whenever I try to talk to Al, so I guess I am afraid of doing the same with you.  But I am a good listener.  Do you wish to talk to me about how you met the woman you would marry?  Some of the good things that you might like to share?  If not, I will understand, but......................." She lets her voice trail off and walks silently for a bit.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

adamu

« Reply #136 on: <03-28-17/0639:36> »
"So McGillicutty, he looks at the corpse, thinks fer a tick, an' turns ta Chuck - oh, hey, ya know Chuck's a squaw? Short fer N'gozichukwuka. Shoulda started with 'er full name, so ya'd know from the get-go she's a broad - never known many skirts could handle an RPG, but Chuck..."

Al had been regaling his new friend for the last fifteen minutes, but his corpse-in-rusty-chains voice had thus far elicited nary a grunt nor a twitch from his stolid audience. All that was about to change.

"Anyhoo, Mac looks at the stiff, then looks over at Chuck - all frowny an' dour as usual, not completely unlike yerself, Hawaiian kemo sabe - an Mac says in his deep fuckin' Scottish brogue, 'Ya know Chuck lass, thass not a knife...that's a bleedin' banana.'"

Al gave it about two seconds to sink in, and the Peanut Brudder and Jelly's International House of Spam cook erupted into a cataclysm of mirth. Fell off his upturned plastic milk crate and onto the greasy floor. Laughed until his couldn't breathe - just the way Chuck had - and Al joined him, hoots and guffaws echoing off the carnation-laden wood plank walls.

When they finally calmed down, the fat islander got up and came to the counter with two cold beers. Stuck out a meaty hand. "Haoa."

"Well haoa back at ya. That's g'bye an' hello both, right?"

"It's my name, haole."

"Alrighty, then, pleased ta meet ya, Haoa. Alouicious Harlan Guthrie, esquire, at yer service."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #137 on: <03-28-17/0843:56> »
[Sunday September 13th, 2076; Somewhere over the Pacific, en-route to Tonga]

Thanks to the miracles of satellite communications arrays and a sleep regulator Silk was able to spend most of the flight monitoring her network of informants, data mines, matrix monitors, and runners.  It wasn’t that Gossamer wasn’t quite capable in her absence but she liked to feel the ebb and flow of intel, let it flow over her and allow her geneware enhanced cognitive function and her Gift to highlight any significant patterns or discrepancies that might point to the activities of the foe…and there were a few of the latter which she flagged for further investigation…

It wouldn’t be long now, and so she sent her feelers ahead of them, whispering into the limited Tonga shadow networks…it was obviously too damn sunny to illicit much shadow work…or too small.  This was a long way outside of her normal web of contacts, most of those were in Seattle or Europe,  but the principles were the same, know who to talk to, what they wanted, and let the bargaining begin.  She was the first to admit she was no Face, but she was a damn good listener…

Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #138 on: <03-28-17/0932:11> »
"That your big da kine just in, Alouicious?"

"More'n it's anyone's. Jist passin' through."

"So you be passin' back?"

"Man's path's a circle, Tonto. Jist never know the arc. Eventually, yessir, reckon I'll be back."

"Rajah dat, brah. Dat time comes...."

They talked a while longer, and when Al left he had a commcode. "Small world, brah. Whatever da kine you need, put you in touch," Haoa had assured him.

"Aloha, Haoa."

"Shoots den, Al."

Stepping from the ill-lit hut into the tropical sun, Al squinted out of habit again. He still wasn't used to the upgraded eyes taking care of that for him. Down closer to the plane, he saw Alyce and Rick emerge from a small structure carrying what looked suspiciously like snow cones.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <03-28-17/1012:40> »
Isaint left the small bathroom wearing only shorts - and his latest face, short trimmed full beard with slightly pudgy cheeks and a strong chin.
Silk was entranced in whatever activity she pursued and didn't notice him leaving the plane again.

Stepping outside his torso shone like a beacon with it's whiteness - in stark contrast to his tanned neck and forearms. To much time wearing armored clothing and to little time spend lying beside swimming pools. The shadows of the scars on his torso showed up in this light like faint charcoal drawings of a particularly untalented artist.

Seeing Al come back from the little shack further up the hill and Robyn and Rick munching on ice he called out: "Plane's filled up. So anytime you are ready, we can get back up and away."

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #140 on: <03-29-17/0735:15> »
"Born ready, boss. Why lollygag here, when our destination's the white sandy beaches o' Tonga? Floats up in five."

He found his way back onto the plane, strapped in, and donned the headset. The engines kicked over on the first caress of the throttle, and he idled there until he got the all aboard signal.

Fifteen minutes later they were at altitude for the second leg of their long flight. Al was already thinking of azure waters, drinks with little umbrellas in them, and beaches where fit tourist women wore next to nothing on their corporate gym-toned bodies.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #141 on: <03-29-17/0902:09> »
Robyn is as comfortable talking about nothing as anything, or remaining silent.  Long experience with Al has taught her that and she jest walks with Rick to the ice cone shop and back.  He will talk if he wants to and rushing things will not help.  Back at the plane, she steps aboard and opens a small cold pack and offers a cone of shaved ice to Silk then ISaint and Al.  "We got enough for everyone."  Robyn takes her seat and buckles in, ready for the second leg of the trip.

adamu

« Reply #142 on: <03-30-17/1810:30> »
Al helped himself to a red one with a 'Thank ye kindly." `He liked all the red flavors. Cherry, strawberry, raspberry. He couldn't tell which this was. Basically it was 'red' flavor. Which was just fine with him. It was cold, and that was better than a sharp stick in the eye on a scorcher like today. Hell, Isaint had already stripped to his shorts. But then his kind had less natural dignity. Al did sling his jacket over the back of his seat before putting his booted feet comfortably up on the instrument panel. There was nothing there he needed to pay much attention to anyway.
« Last Edit: <03-31-17/1131:30> by adamu »

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #143 on: <03-31-17/1223:37> »

Sometime towards the end of the flight Silk got up and disappeared in to the bathroom with her small luggage.  Moments later she returned in a strappy summer dress and a slightly different face, the synthmask making her look like an older, harder version of herself…

“My mother’s face” she muttered tersely to nobody in particular

Settling back into the seat she proceeded to stare out of the window at the azure waters looming towards them…

adamu

« Reply #144 on: <03-31-17/2025:38> »
Al was back in the main cabin looking for more beer when Silk 2.0 emerged from the head, and muttered her explanatory comment.

After she shut down any possible questioning by aiming her face out a window, Al did his best to be tactful, and congratulated himself on making it a full thirty-six seconds. Then he said, "Okay Silky baby, that jist a blast from the past? Memorial tribute, like? Or some sorta psych warfare play? I mean, this guy offed yer ma, he knows he done it, right? So if this new look's part o' some Ghost-o'-Christmas-Past master plan, ya thinkin' o' cluin' us in? Cuz someone jist might see us comin' this way...."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #145 on: <03-31-17/2330:18> »
Robyn manages to catch some sleep on the leg out of Hawaii but wakes up when Al comes through the cabin and begins talking to Silk.  She remains quiet, waiting to hear the answer.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #146 on: <04-01-17/0500:36> »
Isaint had refrained from meditating again, he was fresh filled up and could now go for about a week without needing sleep.
Silk's appearance hadn't alarmed him at first - it was subtle enough to fool facial recognition which he approved. Learning that it was her mother's face he couldn't help but feel a bit creeped out.
"Not to be disrespectful, but wouldn't wearing that face tipp off our target? Or do you think that she is no longer listed within the databanks?"

talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #147 on: <04-03-17/1031:36> »
Robyn chuckles.  "Someone would have to be very good indeed to completely erase anyone's presence from the data bases on the matrix.  There are many nooks and crannies where information lives on, even after the most effective wipers are used.  It is possible, though, to removes it from the obvious and hard to find spots, just not everywhere."

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #148 on: <04-04-17/0530:42> »

Silk frowned “I am not going to deliberately sabotage operational security on a whim…the Pattern isn’t clear but in all my readings, my mother has to be there or this will go badly wrong for everyone, this is the best way I can think of unless you can come up with something else? …I don’t know why this should be the case, but to reassure you somewhat, Balefire’s digital profile was managed by Aria and if anyone can ferret out unwanted data it is her, although the Resonance never forgets... 

Once we approach the target I’ll be in a stealth suit and as far as I know Monarch never met his runners in person, preferring to meet in the matrix, so there’s a significant probability that he has never seen my mum.

I know this all sounds a little vague, and depending on your view on divinations maybe even a little implausible, but they have led me here to this time and place more than any in depth matrix trawling or info from my network…”

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #149 on: <04-04-17/0711:59> »
Isaint shrugged: "Eh, you are paying, you are the boss. As long as your mom wasn't listed with a mugshot as an internationally wanted terrorist we should probably be good.

Right, since we are going to improvise anyway, here are the three steps I see as necessary:
1) Find out everything we can about the operation and a compelling reason for us to legally visit this aquacology
2) Find identities/connections in Tonga that can get us in
3) Have an escape plan and a back up ready. I'm thinking a boat and if necessary hard shell diving suits."

talk think matrix