NEWS

Free Spirit Force and attributes

• 33 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <09-25-10/1927:43> »
As far as the author and the head of game design (at the time)  there is one RAW way of making a spirit PC, take base stat of two, raise force to the maximum of 6 in CharGen, then raise his other stats up as desired.
Actually thats just Aarons and Synners house rules for this, nothing they post in forums is RAW, its just their opinions.
And really Aaron had free spirits priced at 85BP, which would actually make them playable even with thier chargen rules.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-25-10/1950:56> »
So the wording is wrong in RC,  the people that develop this part of the game are wrong, the reason why Synner had it bumped up to 250 after playtesting results came back is wrong, and then to confound the situation you say that there voice's do not count! What is your desired  resualt in posting here?

Once again there is RAW and there is confusing the issue further by trying to make somthing more then what they are. They function how they are designed, they may not live up to your standards of playing but why confuse an issue that is really simple to work out.

If you wish to debat another option for CharGen for the free spirit then let's do it, if you want to point out that this like many games have flaws then you will get my 100% agreement, but if you wish to confuse the situation further with out a designer or developer to support your assumptions of RAW then I have nothing to add.

On a side note the 85 BP was ment for base 1 on all stats, and did not take into account many of the qualities that set them apart from normal meta human statistics.
« Last Edit: <09-25-10/1953:14> by Frankie the Fomori »

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <09-26-10/0302:46> »
What Mäx means is, its not in the books, so its not really RAW. Which is a view I strongly disagree with, but hey, I don't have to play in his games and vice versa.
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <09-26-10/1311:07> »
Free spirits start slower than typical characters (debateable), then build to overwhelming (quite obvious to me).

And the racial type needs help...why?  I can think of many, many ways to abuse the powers of the free spirit as a PC.  Ways that will make starting runs a cakewalk.  Can a summoner whistle up something more potent at character creation?  Ok, sure, but the summoner is still vulnerable to mundane attacks.  Free spirit shifts to astral and suddenly bullets are irrelevant.  The only thing to worry about is magic, and that is only a part of the whole that is Shadowrun.

They are expensive to make, but long term play will yield incredibly potent protagonists.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."